During hard times

Guest **cely***r***ne

I dont want to start a negative thread, however this is a place I know I can turn to when I am down. The community here always cheers me up and I need that now.

Bad things happen to good people all the time, and when I am going through a tough time, I listen to beautiful music. At the moment I am dealing with something that has me hurt beyond belief.

Trust.

I trust everyone, and that is a downfall as I have come to learn.

What do you do to bring yourself back up after something bad falls onto your lap?

Guest S**a*Q

I make food... and watch food shows...

I'm a closet glutton.

Oh I also hang out with my girls to rant and I randomly yell a lot...

Yelling makes you feel better.

Mostly better cause when you do it around people, cause they laugh.

Specially if you yell in public :D

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!

Force the mind to realize that there are people out there that can be trusted.

I myself find it hard to realize sometimes that there are persons/orginizations/companies etc., that cannot be trusted.

Why is there such a problem in the world these days...

But the upside is that there are good ones as well.

We just need to find them, and surround ourselves with them.

Guest S**a*Q

Trust.

Me too.

BUT I'm not going to change who I am cause of a douchebag that managed to get through my "judge of characterness".

I just take it as a learning experience and tell myself that it sucks that they won't have a cool and TRUSTING person in their life like me...

Then I leave it up to karma to make their dick fall off or something...

Wah wah, sucks to be an asshole... :D

I consider myself to be a very good judge of character and I can usually tell during my "first impression" if a friendship, etc. will develop. That said sometimes things escape my B/S radar and when it does I chalk it up to their loss, not mine!

In order to get over something that does have me down, etc. I tend to become very inward and deal with things myself. I don't bottle it up by I have a hard time talking to others (a man thing). As they say time heals all wounds...even the deep ones.

All the best and take care my friend.

Mosh pits fix everything. Although, that might not be for everybody...

I find that no matter what, I can always turn to my best friend. We're pretty much brothers and I can go to him for anything and vice versa. It definitely helps to have someone I share such a strong bond with in my life.

Watch an action movie where you really hate the villain but who gets his in the end. Then watch a comedy that'll have you laughing until you cry. The first satisfies your need for revenge (and most of us feel that when we've been wronged so deeply) and the second offers a positive emotional release. There is no therapy like laughter. Eat a bucket of ice cream and then later go for a really good run, the kind that'll tire you out so that you'll sleep well and let yourself sleep in. It won't solve your problems, but will ease them and give your mind some distance to gain perspective.

• Like 1

When trust is broken, it is hard, it hurts, there is no getting around it. But what I do is turn to my family and friends, They help through the rough patches. And they are also a reminder of the people you have in your life you trust and care about, and they trust and care about you.

And even though you are down now, things do improve with time...they really do

RG

• Like 1

Trust.

Trust is one of, if not the hardest things to gain in life. Money, belongings and other material possessions are gained and lost on a daily basis but trust is something that transcends materials and familiarity. If you have someones trust or if you give another trust it says something about you and your beliefs and thoughts. It says something about you as a person and the character that you have.

A trusting person is not a bad person and wanting to believe others and trust them is not a downfall of yours Angel...it is the other person who is at fault. They are the ones who have the character flaw and they are the ones who should be upset, not you!

Keep your head high, take care and once again all the best!

Guest p**h*x

I'm kind of weird I think. When I'm feeling shitty I tend to go all in and make sure I stay feeling lousy until whatever it is that's getting me down has past. I find most problems are solved if you ignore them... Yeah, I'm a big advocate of the ostrich method. lol.

When I feel that my trust has been betrayed, I think about all the true friends that I do have. Regardless of the time between touching base and whatever events occur in our lives, those true friends are always there and always provide an unselfish ear to your troubles.

I would rather trust many and take the chance that you will be betrayed than to not trust anyone at all! Life is too short to be suspect!

Remember - tomorrow is a another day and those who care will not judge you in anyway other than for the great person that you are!!

• Like 1

Guest f***2f***

Initially I brood and drink too much. The next day I'll call a good friend or mine and have a great chat. I hoist the lesson aboard and try to learn for the next time.

We can't give up the beautiful nature of our loving and trusting hearts!

I just tell myself that there's always going to be a sleaze or two who slips

through the cracks of the filters we use.

Then I move on, forget the hurt and remember that...

I've also come to know a bunch of treasured individuals who

always make me smile!

• Like 2

I watch Kill Bill I and II back to back. It reminds me that the human spirit is undefeatable with a little determination, a little focus and a clear goal front and center in my mind and heart.

Hang in there, you're gonna be just fine.

cat

Angel, like you I find I can turn to music. It can both help me with my thoughts and also pick me up. As well, as others have said, being around very close friends or family can help. Shopping or a self-gift although probably wrong can lift up spirits and confidence as long as within financial means. And finally just time. Although early in the process of being hurt sometimes just being alone and having a good cry helps move to the next stage of healing.

This bear has lots of hugs and caring thoughts sent your way to help.

XOXO

Cub

PB11a.jpg

broken trust hurts more than a broken heart, but with time it heals along with a lesson learned.

Broken trust can also lead to a broken heart but like CK said it so well, with time, it heals along with a lesson learned!

Cheep up pretty lady

imagesCAINPSWF.jpg

I do what I'm doing right now. Movies, couch, popcorn, kitties.

Also, I cry. When things are going really terribly, I'll pop in a movie like 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' or 'Before Sunset' and I'll bawl my face off. A lot of people keep their tears in, but a good cry is really carthartic.

You need to believe something good,comes out of all bad.. Keep on keeping on. Hope your day is better,and your sadness/unluckiness goes away soon..

Guest **cely***r***ne

I need to say Thank you to each and everyone of you personally, however geographics get in the way. So, I say THANKS TO YOU ALL here.

You do not know how much your support means to me! And I have learned to not be as naive, or vulnerable, or at least I will try.

It may have been dreary today, but tomorrow the sun may shine! (optimism!)

Glad you got some good returns AS. Me I tend to drink to much or drive my MC like I have a death wish. (But I don't - have a death wish that is).

Tomorrow's another day and I have to admit it is better without a hangover.