Today out of the blue, I had a craving for Tootsie Roll which I haven't tried in over a year. Now I want one! lol. I'm going to Dollarama!

6a00d8341e1a8753ef010534c0dc62970b-500wi

A better thing that I crave all the time is Silhouette Vanilla Yogurt with Blueberries. Not a crzy craving but still goof nonetheless.

I have the same crazy craving as these - they remind me of my wonderful and gorgeous SP friend! :icon_biggrin:

poutine.jpg

A10668_e.jpg

mistert, I have a craving for macaroni and cheese, made with sharp, aged cheddar. But.... I'm a Type-1 diabetic and the carbs in the pasta are more than I can manage without barrels of insulin. And the low-carb pasta is.... <ahem> just wrong!

Do you have any magical recipes or ideas?

mistert, I have a craving for macaroni and cheese, made with sharp, aged cheddar. But.... I'm a Type-1 diabetic and the carbs in the pasta are more than I can manage without barrels of insulin. And the low-carb pasta is.... <ahem> just wrong!

Do you have any magical recipes or ideas?

The following is by no means a dietician's opinion, nor a doctor's, but the carbohydrates (sugars) come from the starch in pasta. Whole wheat pastas, with a high fiber content, slow down the absorption of sugars, thus avoiding (at least) some of the sugar spike.

Fortified pasta could be an alternative (high in protein, from eggs or legumes, and with added barley or oats for fibers).

Quinoa, Barley and spaghetti squash are often used as alternative to pastas as well (cooked in a stock would give more flavour).

I believe veggie ribbons made from non-starchy veggies are a good alternative as well as (zucchini, yellow summer squash, eggplant, peppers and cabbage) but i have never tried them.

Cant think of common brand names, but hopefully this will give you some ... food for thought (haha) for what to look for....

• Like 1

This was handed down to me from my father. Once tried, you will crave it too.

Toasted peanut butter and bacon sandwich. Note: The perfect toasted PB&B sandwich is a matter of precise timing; the bacon should be hot from the pan, drained and blotted on a paper towel, the toast should be warm from the toaster. Combine the toast, PB & bacon while the bread & bacon are warm enough to melt the PB. Eat and crave forever more.

Now i want one of these:

Bacon+Sandwich+2.JPG

Mental torment ....

Ah the bacon sandwich, a staple of the British diet!!!! :D

Mmmmmmmmm.... steak from Baton Rouge with their Three Peppercorn sauce - that sauce absolutely stands alone in the field of accompaniments - delish!

If anyone knows where I can get these please PM me and HELP!! I get them twice a year from the states but I want them more!!

funyuns_original.gif

Tostitos spinach dip on toasted whole wheat

You are a woman after my own heart... and other parts.

Guest **cely***r***ne

a cheeseburger with only bacon, pickles and ranch sauce. I love these things...and Ive probably mentioned it here already...but thats ok...they are just that good.