highlights of the day

Guest C**Tra****er

Just came back from walking my puppy in the snow. First snow she's seen and she was so excited! She walked 10 kms like a little trooper and is now sleeping it off.

Every year I pick a families name from a tree and try to provide them with the best Christmas as I possibly can. I do fundraise all year long and my regular "friends" contribute to "Lexy's Jar of Hope", I also put just about all of my tips in the jar to make sure I can do this and keep this family tradition alive, as I have everyone in my house involved.

Today was the day that I dropped the boxes of food, gifts and a grocery store gift card to provide the family with their Christmas meal and a little something extra for the single Mom, just for her and to pamper herself. My family met the Mom and her 4 children, the look in the Moms eyes and her children's faces makes it all worth.

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to reach my goal this year beacuse of personal family issues but I did.

Thank you to everyone who helped this year and in the past. We Did It Again!!:bigclap:

I see now why I continue to do this each year, the feeling is amazing. Time to start for next year!! I need a new jar.

Big Hugs and a Happy Holidays to All,

Lexy

• Like 7

A couple days past but the amazing thoughts remain. Sometimes you just get so close to someone in the industry. You know the business and you know the boundaries. But nonetheless you care about them deeply. Learning to know where the lines are, keeping it all in check, but at the same time falling deeply into someone when you are with them. Its magical. The thoughts bring excitement to my body, increased pace to my breathing, racing of my heart and a tear in my eye. XO

• Like 2

First time this year - took to the cross-country ski trails.

Nice fresh air, just the right temperature - but wish that people didn't walk or snowshoe on the tracks.

Yesterday I wrote in the "Things that Suck," thread and even as I wrote I just KNEW that it should have gone in the "Highlights of the Day," because it became a highlight.

The snowstorm that wasn't , actually came, even though rather late. One of my kids who was going to fly home via Ottawa was in the airport, checked in, inside security and the plane arriving from Montreal that was supposed to take them home could not land and diverted back to Quebec City. (That sucks for those passengers.) As a result all of my kids are still home for New Years Eve.

I just finished making a lasagne for supper and we have more food than we can possibly eat for all through the evening. Shrimp, mussels, brie, chicken wings, homemade squash dip, tortiere, cranberry pudding, homemade ice cream, and it is a sign of how spoiled we are that we passed on lobster because we have had so much of it over the past week!

So along with a few drinks, an evening of games and eating it will be a great send off to 2012. A great highlight of the day for me. :)

Happy New Years everyone.

• Like 2

I just finished making a lasagne for supper and we have more food than we can possibly eat for all through the evening. Shrimp, mussels, brie, chicken wings, homemade squash dip, tortiere, cranberry pudding, homemade ice cream, and it is a sign of how spoiled we are that we passed on lobster because we have had so much of it over the past week!

Oh yeah! I just remembered. I'm pretty sure I'm one of your kids too!! What's our address again?? ;)

• Like 1

My present from Santa was the ability to squirt! I have no idea how it happened haha I actually thought I never would after years of trying.

Posted via Mobile Device

This made my day, being told by a very sexy lady that I was on her list of client she wished in seeing for 2013 after I contacted her, I have had the same in 2012 and it is very nice to hear.

Seeing a project that has been over a year in the making finally coming to a conclusion. It will be a very good feeling to see the finished product.

Porthos

• Like 1

We shall see in time if this is a highlight! I started in on ripping out a small bedroom. The intention is to fix the original plaster on the walls, gyprock the ceiling and make a door into my bedroom so that one day it will be a walk in closet. Estimated time to completions - three weeks.

That is scary because at this time last year I started another bedroom with a two day completion timetable. Six weeks and many thousands of dollars later it had expanded from the room to the upstairs hallway and down the stairs!

The fun of an old home. :) Go me!

Although thinking about it, seeing my project finished is probably not nearly as good as seeing Malika in her new lululemon yoga pants.

We shall see in time if this is a highlight! I started in on ripping out a small bedroom. The intention is to fix the original plaster on the walls, gyprock the ceiling and make a door into my bedroom so that one day it will be a walk in closet. Estimated time to completions - three weeks.

That is scary because at this time last year I started another bedroom with a two day completion timetable. Six weeks and many thousands of dollars later it had expanded from the room to the upstairs hallway and down the stairs!

The fun of an old home. :) Go me!

Less frustration and NO sledgehammer may shorten up the project this time MN2 ! ;)

Yesterday...day off work...early morning coffee with a good friend followed by a massage in the afternoon and finished off with a delicious home cooked meal with family and good wine!

I received a pm from a very special lady to inform me that she is reopening her in-call spot. Hooray!!!

Additional Comments:

Just noticed I've hit 200 posts. Yay!!

• Like 2

For the not so good part of this post.. having to hear two orange tabby cats ( one being my own) going at it at 11 Pm on a fence. He is so God damn territorial at times.

And for the highlight of the day.. Realizing that I have a pretty good arm for pitching when the only way to get them to stop was to throw a snowball in their direction from the door hitting the fence right under them only to see my cat jump in 3 ft of snow and see all 15 bs of him wade through all that snow while he was playing in it. He's so cute and little shit disturber at the same time!

• Like 1