highlights of the day

Getting a Martini Shaker from a colleague who had too many of them. Now i need proper glasses...

I see where this is going .... Making drinks on top of baking....

With my window open, I can hear the snow melting off of the roof and the encouraging chirping of the multitude of birds in the hedges out back!

Additional Comments:

10yr old balderson cheddar. What an awesome gift!

Knowing that when I look up from this post, I see Malika's bum.

Grocery shopping.

Yep, you read that right.

With the long weekend ahead, i got a few items i needed to try a few new recipes for an event in a month. Call it a dry run.....

• Like 1

Loving my life, the people in my life and the ones who I surround myself with.

Good, kind, sweet, funny and positive people only!!:D

• Like 1

Having a wonderful day with family and lots of great food. And watching the look on the faces of my nieces and nephew when they found out the grandparents booked a Caribbean cruise for the whole family!!

• Like 1

Guest T*rb***k
Having a wonderful day with family and lots of great food. And watching the look on the faces of my nieces and nephew when they found out the grandparents booked a Caribbean cruise for the whole family!!

What an awesome surprise!

A great meal and company provided by my favorite niece, and many kisses and hugs from her two little ones.

• Like 1

Easter brunch today with my extended, adopted family, nearly all of whom are over the age of 75; one will be 89 in another month. It lifts my heart every time we're all together and I see that they're healthy and well. I'm trying to savor days like this because I know that things could change anytime. It's a pleasure to love and be loved by these strong, courageous and very wise friends.

• Like 2

Spending Easter with my favourite sister in law, seeing some old friends, taking delivery of a long awaited package; all in the same afternoon. Then returning home to the Walking Dead season ending episode and the new season of Game of Thrones. All in all it was a pretty bang up day.

Sooooo... the after the TV/DVD/cable fiasco... I needed some good news on the home media front.

I called Rogers about the dead HD PVR and they said... we're so sorry we ruined your premier last night... here's a new box... it's better than your last. That was good.

I had already purchased a new BluRay player to replace the old one that died... but was smart enough to get one with all the bells and whistles.

Today, FutureShop finally called back and said, "Sir, your old TV is screwed. Get thee to a store and we will replace it."

So I went to FutureShop... and found the best customer service guy, ever. He said, "you know, when you got that old TV it was top of the line. So... even though I have to replace it with the same size, let's get all the bells and whistles."

Got me a new TV... Wifi, Smart TV, 3D, slim line... and I didn't even have to take a shot in the mouth to seal the deal.

Going to Randall's later tonight to look through a gazillion wall paper books to choose some wall paper for my new place!!!!!!

I am talking real excitment :milleunenuit:

• Like 2

when I was in the shower this morning I got a call from a customer looking for some company for the Carrie Underwood concert here in Saint John tonight.

I'm not really a Huge country fan but at least Carrie Underwood is decent :)

• Like 1

Stumbled upon a conversation on Twitter with the lovely Ms. Kerrixoxo, the equally lovely (but in a manly way) Phaedrus and an Australian provider named Lara Belle. It was truly enlightening!

I couldn't be happier today. I want to spread the happiness cheer, big smile and hugs.