highlights of the day

Guest n*gu**6

Found some awesome new music tonight. I may have a new anthem... lol

My son came down from Alberta last night and he will be staying for a few months with his wife and the new baby. I have never been happier in my life.

• Like 2

incredibly smooth tech rehearsal for tomorrow's performance. even with 'attitude' from one person who for whatever reason, seems to have to pick apart every single thing I do ... hehe oh well.. she's not the choreographer so.. mleh! ;)

....completely awesome and wonderfully physical session with BC photograher earlier today.. tons of grrrreat shots <grin> and a new friend :)

Guest n*gu**6

Got a couple little jobs done that Ive wanting to get done. So nice to have those off the to-do list

As embarrassing as this is to admit, despite being old hippies, my husband and I had never actually tie dyed anything. But I had a dream that I had tie-dyed sheets. So i wanted to try.

I ordered a kit off Amazon, and I figured we'd try first on some old white sheets we had lying around. OMG!! We love it!! And it was easy. We made up a set in green and yellow, and another in purple and blue.

At some point, we'll probably buy some new sheets and dye them, but seriously, this made these old sheets like brand new. (And you know how us old hippies love that Reduce-Reuse-Recycle shit.) We're thoroughly delighted! For those who've visited our home, you know how we get off on making (or at least modifying) everything ourselves. This is perfect.

My work sheets have always been white, but hey! I'm seriously considering...

• Like 2

An incredible evening of performances.. ours rrrrrrawked!.. and amazing talented individuals... and I get to do it all over again tomorrow!!

such a wonderful adrenaline rush... calming myself a bit with a well-earned generous measure of a fine 18yr old scotch.. and enjoying the afterglow :) :)

sooo proud of myself and my amazing friends!!! :)

Guest n*gu**6

It wasnt Monday.... hahaha Tuesdays are just soo blah...and this weather is not helping lol

Guest st*****ens**ors

Carrying a little to bed for the first tIme in some time. I'm aware that there aren't that many more opportunities remaining.

Guest n*gu**6

After several hours in the dark I got the kayaks and bikes and all the camping gear loaded on the the truck and ready to head out for a long weekend to a rustic cabin in the woods

A very thoughtful and sweet gift from one visitor and another who brought the recycling bins up from the curb! I love a true gentleman!

• Like 1

ran for coffee... and had a lovely encounter with a native woman selling fresh caught pickerel.... think I shocked her.. by greeting her and inttroducing myself to her in Cree (I only know a little so far so hehe) but I asked if they also had cheeks...(soooo good!) and I told her about the medicines I make and what I do.. and will certainly enjoy a good dinner tonight before heading to enjoy some outdoor jazz tonight! <3

I don't even care if it rains.. makes for a wonderful walk outside and even nicer dancing ;)

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

Really productive day today. Some jobs seem to have a tipping point where inertia works against you for a while, but if you persist eventually momentum is on your side.

Skipped a morning run today in favour of evening. Glad the day stayed cool!

k... totally copying my "what are you doing right now" post for my highlight.. because.. well... *definite* highlight :) :)

arrived home.. checked the mail, knowing there was 'something I might like' en route at some point... and yes.. it arrived!!! so now.. my new highlight; relaxing in my lovely rooms.. glass of well-earned wine in hand... eyes closed... enjoying the surround sounds (I hooked up *just* to listen 'properly' <grin>...)...and smiling at memories brought on by the arrival of a lovely (and surprise) gift from a far away friend <grin>

... supposed to be getting ready to go to jazz fest opening.. but this is too lovely :)

truly.. very special thank you to a truly lovely person.. thank you... <3

Guest st*****ens**ors

A blue and golden afternoon at the beach with the littles. Hotdogs and frisbees and sunburns and lounging in the shade with a guitar. I wish I could have bottled some of It to sip in January or February next year.

Hope you're all having memorable weekends!

Highlight from yesterday; being fortunate enough to be a part of a friend's wedding ritual... was incredible.. short, sweet... cute.. funny... and entirely wonderful!

today; 'sort of' behaved.. did *all* my household chores... and enjoyed a nice evening of rope work and drinks and an amazing burger with good friends :)

Guest n*gu**6

Getting home after a long weekend in a rustic cabin. Lived it mind you.....but glad to be in my own bed tonight.

Here are my highlights of today -

- successfully set up an appointment to see my lovely ATF whom I haven't seen in two weeks.

- had a great buffet lunch with my good hobby friend Bellafan at an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant recommended by none other than the lovely MA whom we both adore.

• Like 1

so many... hehe top ones;

- a lovely note (as always) from a far away friend

- finally settling on pieces for my solo

- enjoying the river while running through my pieces at the Forks.. much to the annoyance of geese, but delight of onlookers ...

- an ice cold MGD at a patio bar after working so hard and well...

- another lovely note...

- boiling hot shower with excellent water pressure...

- soft comforter.. fluffy pillows.... air conditioning ;)

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Got to spend some time with someone who means a great deal to me. Sometimes just being able to look into someones eyes and talk to them can do so much good for your soul