highlights of the day

mini- highlight; A bit proud of my feline self, for figuring out how to do/post my wishlist in 'The Den" (will not be up yet, but...soon....)

....cats are not typically tech-savvy, and I am no exception <grin>... as I am prone to saying - good thing I work with people, and not electronics ;)

Major highlight; finding out the advice I had given a very shy but lovely friend of mine - a young and very lonely gay man - has worked!! I have been invited to meet the new beau this evening at my favorite prowling grounds! hehe verrry proud of my shy friend! <3

• Like 4

Guest st*****ens**ors

Thirty years ago, my doctor told me my asthma was so severe that I was unlikely to live to see my sixties, and I was restricted from virtually all physical activity.

I've been working for decades to prove this prognosis wrong.

Today, the kid who wasn't allowed to take gym class runs forty km every week, does powerlifting and yoga.

And today I finally conquered my first half marathon!

Both tired and happy.

Guest n*gu**6

My little guy going crazy over the sandwiches I made for supper. Kept saying how I make everything so awesome, and asked if some day I'd teach him to cook like me. Hehe. Made me smile a day I needed one.

Additional Comments:

Probably one of the best hugs I have ever experienced. Much needed

Just passed the 100,000 hits threshold on my page! Thanks to all my visitors, especially to the ones who post!

• Like 4

Guest n*gu**6

Managed to sneak myself away for a few min and managed to make someone smile today simply by running a simple errand. I missed that smile. Made my day

Guest Prufrock Cummings

After not feeling well for the last 36-48 hours and doing nothing but sleep and read really old posts on Lyla/CERB, I finally have my energy back and am ready to tackle the world!

Had an amazingly much-needed lovely day with an even lovelier friend.. (details withheld hehe)...

and am looking forward to a coffee outing with a girlfriend who has a 'surprise' for me .. I like surprises :)

dancing alone at fringe.. in all my belly dance wear....got a lovely compliment from a young lady who adamantly refused to believe how old I was... actually *demanded* to see my ID hehe she bought me a drink..... totally made a lovely day all that much nicer ;)

dragonflies....live music.. sunshine. dancing.... sincere (albeit srange) compliment hehe.. absolutely lovely day!!

Oh... and the 'surprise' my friend had for me: OMG!!! a 500ml jar.. layered with cookie crumbles, homemade caramel... whipping cream, bananas... and chocolate.. FOUR LAYERS of it!!!! WOW!!

(and no.. I didn't eat all of it hehemore than half is still in my fridge hehe)

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Getting tackled by a soaking wet child freah from the pool when i got home from work

Guest st*****ens**ors

Watching LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring with the littles, and watching the goosebumps at the moment of "You Shall Not Pass!"

Pull that one off, Dumbledore. ;)

Met with a lovely lady, who I've seen many times before... she helped me celebrate my birthday a little early (which is actually next week). Between kisses... I played on my guitar a number of song by Pink Floyd... a band we both like... and we sang together... she has a lovely voice. A wonderful time.

Additional Comments:

First time I've ever played guitar without clothing.

• Like 5

A funny highlight! So, my intercom rings at the exact moment when I am expecting a gentleman I know to visit me. I push on the button, and a few seconds later I open my door... Oh surprise! This is not my gentleman but a cute guy delivering an item that I have ordered online a few weeks ago! I am quite suggestively dressed, so the guy smiles and enjoys very much doing his delivery! I smile a lot too though I am sure we both want to laugh but we try not to. It was so much fun! It should happen more often. The world needs more highlights like this one :-)

• Like 6

Guest n*gu**6

Spent a nice evening being chauffered around town by a beautiful lady. Looked pretty at home driving my truck around. Lol

Enjoyed a lovely visit from a friend last night, who not only brought wine to share <grin>.. but helped me with the new massage bed so it's now in the 'NU' room.. rather than upended in my diningroom! Yaaaaay!!

Task ahead.. finish room.. have it suitable for 'guests' asafp ;)

....taking day in the prrrrivate den today to do so before going camping tomorrow <grin> *after* I go for coffee though... prrrrriorities, you know :)

Packing up and going camping...*actual* destination.. unknown.... love that! ;)

gone for 4 days with, what I have only now just found out, is up to 60 other kinksters... sooo much fun to be had! sure to return with a few highlights ;)

...possible highlight; doing a fire walk... something this cat has wanted to do but hesitated.. which, when dealing with fire, is NOT a good thing! ;)

ride here soon.. so....

<leaps effortlessly, and excitedly on well-muscled thighs... into deep trees... gone....... for now!>

Guest ***y Ti**r

Got up early and went outside to feel the first shaft of sunlight warming the body with the promise of a perfect summer day ahead.

On this last day of July I can officially say that this has been a fabulous month of real summer here in PEI. Three more months of it to come.

• Like 2

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I've been doing a re-org/re-fit of the house the past few months, and coming somewhat near the end. This past weekend I purchased some new entertainment systems and reorganized my room. I'm liking how things are shaping up!

Guest n*gu**6

Got a crap load of yard work done today. Looks awesome. Very pleased.