highlights of the day

Guest st*****ens**ors

A hard and much needed therapeutic massage. I can now shoulder check when I'm changing lanes again!

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I had a scented candle in a glass container explode in my basement tonight. I was upstairs cooking in my kitchen when it happened; thankfully I heard the noise and was able to take care of things before it could have escalated.

todays highlight was tracing my way through a data file and being able to figure out the right weights to apply in order to prepare a paper for publication.

Guest n*gu**6

Gotta be tha smile again. Funny how it always just makes my day but it can always brighten the darkest day

Will have to break out the snow blower today, but it looks like we might have a white Christmas!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2017!

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

My Christmas shopping and baking are done! Now I get to relax...until the stressful holidays begin ;)

1)I got a surprise birthday party last night, it was a week early but there was no opening for a big group at any restaurant next weekend.

2)I played "Patty Cake" with my granddaughter last evening. It was more a clapping of hands without coordination but it was fun. I had to learn the words to that song. What I enjoyed the most was her hugs and her calling me "Hamba"(grandpa) for the first time.

• Like 2

Guest n*gu**6

That I got through it and did not need bail money or have to hide any bodies... hahaha

My highlight of this week was a couple hours with my favourite lady but no wine because she needs to study... so we arranged to see each other next week... which will likely be my highlight of next week.

Guest n*gu**6

Got most of the new risers installed on my stairs. Hoping to finish that tomorrow and new treads on by thursday

Driving home from picking up a few things and I noticed an elderly lady with one of those rickety shopping carts having a hard time getting through the icy conditions. I pulled over at the next street, put on my flashers and walked briskly over to her to ask if she needed help. The look on her face was all the answer I needed. I picked up her cart and carried it to the car, put it down and went back for her. I helped her into the passenger seat, then put her basket in the back of my SUV. She had quite a ways to go to get home. I asked if there was anything else she needed to get done while we were out. She hesitated a bit, but I pressed, saying that it was okay.

We ended up stopping at the drug store to pick up some things and I took her to the liquor store and bought her a box of wine that she liked.

I drove her home and unloaded everything in her entryway for her. She was so thankful, but I said that I just wanted to help. I was glad to help.

My frozen veggies were a bit worse for the time, but I'll survive.

I do stuff like this all the time, but it felt particularly good today.

• Like 5

Guest n*gu**6

Got half my stair treads down and they are looking awesome. I'll finish it tomorrow barring catastrophe

My highlight of this week was a couple hours with my favourite lady. I had brought a nice bottle of wine, but she told me that she couldn't drink because she had to get back to studying for her final exams... she felt that if she had one drink, she keep on drinking... so I didn't drink anything either. Anyway, she was pretty stressed out about her exams, and suggested she'd really like to get drunk next time... on vodka... to celebrate finishing her term... so we arranged to see each other next week... which will likely be my highlight of next week.

As expected my highlight of this week was relaxing and drinking with my favourite lady... celebrating the end of her university term. No vodka... just 2 bottles of very good wine (a traditional method Trius Brut sparkling white wine, and a Reif Gamay Nouveau red win).

I'm actually looking forward to my regular schedule. I miss a couple of the normal, regular, everyday things I do. I feel well rested and ready to take on the world.