Seems like fewer and fewer SPs are advertising on cerb, is it just me or is this part of a new trend? I know BP is getting loads of daily advertisers but many posters there are completely unreliable. Any comments?

Posted via Mobile Device

Most of the top local SP's advertise here,as well as many of the visiting lady's, if the trash want to stay on BP that's a good thing in my opinion!

at least on CERB you know what you are getting

it is great yo know who is in town

feed back is also good in forums

Wow.... Lots of comments removed here, guess we can't have an open discussion

Posted via Mobile Device

Ya - what happened?

I didn't think anything being said here was disrespectful or violated Cerb rules (I dunno, maybe I missed something?).

Ya for sure.... Unless MOD warned the previous posters that their comments were off limits, CERB doesn't like references to other sites as well as negative remarks about itself so that's probably the issue

Ya - what happened?

I didn't think anything being said here was disrespectful or violated Cerb rules (I dunno, maybe I missed something?).

Posted via Mobile Device

As it says at the top of the site:

Cerb is not a review board - It is a recommendation board so if you do not have anything nice to say... Please don't say anything at all!

This is rule #1 of the board. This is supposed to be a positive atmosphere. Yes it is open for civil discussion. But when people start to bash the site and make poor references then I agree with the Mod's decision to remove the comments.

• Like 1

Hmmm, saw the entire thread and didn't see one single post "bashing the site". The only post that did any"bashing" is still there.

no one was giving any negative reviews of SPs in this post, but we were speaking about whether or not the site is relevant. From an advertisers point of view it seems to me like fewer and fewer SPs are posting ads here which would lead me to believe that the posters to this site are finding it less and less effective. EC still has tons of advertisers and so does BP so I'm wondering why since CERB is free that fewer SPs are taking advantage of the listing here....

As it says at the top of the site:

Cerb is not a review board - It is a recommendation board so if you do not have anything nice to say... Please don't say anything at all!

This is rule #1 of the board. This is supposed to be a positive atmosphere. Yes it is open for civil discussion. But when people start to bash the site and make poor references then I agree with the Mod's decision to remove the comments.

Posted via Mobile Device

I just don't get it. When I go to a restaurant and have a bad meal, I don't go back. Well, maybe once, to see if it was an off day. But if I come to the conclusion that the food's not good, I don't go back. I certainly don't keep going back and complain about the food over and over again.

If someone doesn't like CERB, the rules, the culture, the MOD, whatever... Nobody is forcing them to log in.

One would think such people would just move on.

• Like 5

Guest E*******h S******s
no one was giving any negative reviews of SPs in this post, but we were speaking about whether or not the site is relevant. From an advertisers point of view it seems to me like fewer and fewer SPs are posting ads here which would lead me to believe that the posters to this site are finding it less and less effective. EC still has tons of advertisers and so does BP so I'm wondering why since CERB is free that fewer SPs are taking advantage of the listing here....

Posted via Mobile Device

No, there were no negative reviews. However, it is negativity in general that is not welcomed on CERB. The tone of the thread was becoming increasingly negative with criticisms directed at the membership in general, also to a certain faction of members (unnamed) as well as to the site itself.

I haven't noticed any decrease in advertisers. There are tons of ads on here every single day. I'm unsure as to what you base this opinion on. It just strikes me that this thread was started in an effort to detract from the site.

I agree with ottawaadventurer, if you don't feel this site is "relevant", you are totally entitled to your opinion. There are many other boards that I'm sure would suit your needs better. Please close the door behind you though as you exit the building, we hate the draft...

Guest W***ledi*Time

Re Manitoba advertisers:

By my count, the number of Announcements posted on Manitoba Cerb during the last 6 months:

12 Apr - 11 May ... 53 ads by 19 advertisers

12 May - 11 Jun ... 86 ads by 23 advertisers

12 Jun - 11 Jul ..... 91 ads by 27 advertisers

12 Jul - 11 Aug ... 101 ads by 32 advertisers

12 Aug - 11 Sep ... 79 ads by 23 advertisers

12 Sep - 11 Oct .... 79 ads by 26 advertisers

While recent activity is down from its summer peak, it does not compare unfavourably to the level of advertising in the spring.

Re Manitoba (or any!) hobbyists: they are an important part of Cerb. At least one part of the deleted posts on this thread - the expressed desire to promote the ideals of tolerance and friendliness on Cerb - has evident merit!

I view CERB as kind of a cocktail party where you chat and kibitz and debate (sometimes). In my case during my 5 plus years of participation I've connected with one provider directly through CERB. I use CERB for the social stuff I mentioned above and look to other sites for reviews and other types of information and connections. I don't view this as a negative comment on this site.....after all I'm still here.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Cerb has many uses and serves many functions. So long as you are not expecting to get a balanced public opinion on an SP you'll be fine. PM's are used to express those. You're free to have your opinion, just not to always express it in a public forum. I'm hoping this post is neutral enough that I don't get into trouble.

I view CERB as kind of a cocktail party where you chat and kibitz and debate (sometimes). In my case during my 5 plus years of participation I've connected with one provider directly through CERB. I use CERB for the social stuff I mentioned above and look to other sites for reviews and other types of information and connections. I don't view this as a negative comment on this site.....after all I'm still here.

Peace

MG

I agree with Mr. Green and view CERB the same way. I come on this site more for the social aspect and entertainment. Now that I am taking a break from pooning I seldom even read the reviews but even if I was still an active pooner, I realize that it is not necessarily a site where I'm going to see alot of balance in the reviews but it is what it is (Hows that for a run on sentence?).

The short and sweet version, you know the rules when you sign on, if you don't like them then don't sign up or go start your own board!

Well try using the paper like you do Cerb if you see a lady from the paper you don't know what your getting and you don't know how her time will be with you

Cerb you come look at picks of the ladies you can see what others are saying you see the lady and it wasn't what you expected then you don't go back I'm sure same would happen with the paper ad you decided on after 20 plus years I would rather take my chances here and more than likely be happy.

I think my Favorite steak house is the best some would disagree but they have the choice to go or not to go same as Cerb you either spend or don't spend

Or you can just take your chances on other sites and get the old bait and switch

Think I will stick to Cerb

Posted via Mobile Device

Really? I read the deleted posts, they are not what CERB is about. There are other boards to put that negativity on, I know from experience that it will spread like fire in a stick built house. For those who don't quite get the reason behind MODs quick removal of posts that don't support the tone of this board and were not here when things got a little out of control previously, this is my rant about those kinds of interactions...

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34186

People just need to leave the attitude at the door or not walk in at all. Otherwise a fire breaks out and everyone gets burned in the chaos...

Smile, cat

I rather like the positivity.

So what if it's "one sided" or "unbalanced", at least its an imbalance I can live with...

..and if you want the negativity there are plenty of other places to go....

CB

Most know me for my frank posts and relatively conservative though honest views. I was very attached to cerb last year and the year before however, that attachment has been weakend somewhat as a result of some posts or debates or actions over the past few months on cerb and as some may have noticed I log on much less frequent and post comments and reviews much less than before. That said, I can confidently say that cerb is still my preferred board to be, though logging on to it is not the first thing I do after work or the last thing I do before going to bed as it used to be as late as 6 months ago. I do believe that mod has a very difficult job and is working very hard to maintain a civil and positive board, considering the wide variety of people, views, interests, backgrounds, ....... and though likely not perfect but has been to large extend successful in this challenging mission.

• Like 2