I'm just wondering what the other ladies and gents thoughts are of implemented "no show" cancellation fee for the next apt. if the client does not rebook as soon as he's able? I've had a few no show's and am always willing to book again promptly after a cancellation if a rain check is made and the client had a valid reason. I'm very reasonable and understand life comes up. The reason I ask this, is I had one no show in particular that had a valid reason and let me know after I messaged him asking what happened. He had an good explanation. I offered this person a rain check and have yet to hear back. There was plenty of opportunity to rebook. As a result, if he possibly contacts me again months down the line it would be nice to have him make up the time I put in getting ready for the apt. I think there's still an absence of consideration when it comes to the matter of how much time we prepare to see our clients. It's not just the apt. time.

Thoughts please? This in no way implies a fee if I have to cancel. In fact, when I have had to for a valid reason, I take a percentage off my rain check offer after I apologize profusely. I know it's implemented with a few travelling ladies as last minute cancellations and no shows are a very different thing in their situation.

Thanks.

E

• Like 3

You ladies commit time and energy to preparing for a client, and cannot book that time for anyone else. So, you lose your time and effort and potential revenue. In both cases, unless there is a very valid reason and this is an exceptional instance, you should definitely charge a cancellation/no show fee. Maybe this would also discourage that kind of disrespect from occurring in the first place.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Realistically the only way that a cancellation fee would work is if everyone was to get together and do it..

However, I don't think that is going to happen and as a result it may alienate you and actually might turn off potential clients and cost you even greater losses long term.

I totally get you, and we get no shows and last min cancellations too. It is really unfortunately part of the Ottawa scene. Totally sux, and if someone is a no show, or if we have to call the client to find out that he cant make it, we blacklist them.. Eventually if more ppl would do this I think the message would get across these guys.

• Like 1

Good points. I have blacklisted. I'm very understanding of cancellations but no shows have no good reason without an immediate rebooking with valid reasoning. I should not have to call or track them down. In this case they were never serious about seeing me to start with.

You're absolutely correct. Blacklisting does get the message across and they'll soon run out of ladies willing to see them if they continue this pattern.

It's the ultimate in thoughtless behavior.

Realistically the only way that a cancellation fee would work is if everyone was to get together and do it..

However, I don't think that is going to happen and as a result it may alienate you and actually might turn off potential clients and cost you even greater losses long term.

I totally get you, and we get no shows and last min cancellations too. It is really unfortunately part of the Ottawa scene. Totally sux, and if someone is a no show, or if we have to call the client to find out that he cant make it, we blacklist them.. Eventually if more ppl would do this I think the message would get across these guys.

I think this is a great topic and even though I tour full time, the policy of a cancellation fee would still apply even if I was solely based in 1 city full time.

I feel that if you want to charge a cancellation fee, you need to state it either on your website and/or in your confirmation email. That gives ample opportunity for the gentleman or couple to understand your policy's. This is something you need to be upfront about so there is no misunderstanding later.

I dont think anyone would lose business because of implementing such a fee. We run a business like any other person and time is money. Like anything else, if you don't like a lady's policy or screening look elsewhere. I understand things come up last minute, but lets be honest here, how many car accidents really happen in one day?

Your doctor charges $50 for an appointment cancelled within 24hrs, does he lose your business? Chances are no, do you bitch about it, No you don't you accept as his policy for an appointment that was cancelled on short notice.

What I think some people do not understand is, most of us do not sit around all day waiting for our phone to ring and take any call we get. For those of us who screen and book ahead, all we want is our time respected. Implementing a fee for cancellation is a way of ensuring that our time does not get abused buy chronic cancellers or people with no respect to our time.

I have only ever had to use the rebooking/cancellation fee 4 times in the last year, id say pretty good considering it only needed to be enforced in one city. Don't get me wrong, I understand life happens and people do have to cancel, but be respectful in the manner you do so.

• Like 7

Erin, I have no objections to a cancellation fee just not sure how practically it could work. Chances are if I no show - I'm not likely to want to pay a monetary penalty. I'll just not communicate with the lady. If you tried to get $ in advance I'm sure it is possible but does add practical problems and not as easy as handing the lady a donation at time of meeting. I think 'blacklist' of some kind is likely the easiest but if this isn't working to curb the problem than I guess other measures are needed.

Incidently, I have NEVER been a 'no show' but late by a couple hours when a flight was delayed. But had the ability to text the lady with updates. And I have been 'no showed' on 3 times by different ladies. My recourse - well I guess they are 'blacklisted' as I wouldn't call them again.

Easy to say...but respect both ways goes a long way and can lead to lots of admiration and good times.

Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks everyone for your thoughts in this matter. To clarify, I would be doing this privately in a case where there was a no show with no attempt to contact me and I have to send them a message to ask what the reason was? Once was with a good regular client that did admit he was just too busy and skipped. I waited for hours as I did give him the time to contact me. He figured because he see's me often I wouldn't be annoyed. He's not a member here so I feel comfortable using this example without coming across as passive aggressive. I had him add an additional nominal fee for taking the time to prepare. He paid it gladly but he would not have if I did not speak up. I had mixed feelings about it though.

I've just looked into this procedure and will not be advertising it to new clients but feel it's possibly necessary at times for a client that doesn't deserve to be blacklisted, but was inconsiderate.

The clients I have yet to meet and they do not show, I do not speak to again as trust needs to be established. Hoping that makes sense and not coming across as unreasonable.

Erin, I have no objections to a cancellation fee just not sure how practically it could work. Chances are if I no show - I'm not likely to want to pay a monetary penalty. I'll just not communicate with the lady. If you tried to get $ in advance I'm sure it is possible but does add practical problems and not as easy as handing the lady a donation at time of meeting. I think 'blacklist' of some kind is likely the easiest but if this isn't working to curb the problem than I guess other measures are needed.

Incidently, I have NEVER been a 'no show' but late by a couple hours when a flight was delayed. But had the ability to text the lady with updates. And I have been 'no showed' on 3 times by different ladies. My recourse - well I guess they are 'blacklisted' as I wouldn't call them again.

Easy to say...but respect both ways goes a long way and can lead to lots of admiration and good times.

Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

I agree when you ladies say we put time an effort to get ready for a date and more importantly plan our days around it since as Emily mentioned we do not just sit and wait (ok I do on my lazy days) but even on those days is not only a matter of having something else to do but also of us deserving respect, so even if I'm having a lazy day and have no plans before or after the date time is invested to prepare myself and my location for an encounter and it is kind of frustrating when the encounter gets cancelled/postponed.

However, I do not understand how the cancellation process would happen if the person cancelling does not plan on booking again. The only way I see this working is if a deposit was made. But of course there may be a way that I don't know of.

But I think in everything the expectations should be mutual meaning a lady that asks for a cancellation fee should be willing to offer something if she is the one that cancels. As guys do too invest time to get ready for us and plan their schedules around it. I think I have only needed to postpone dates twice and in both occasions offered extra time as a 'compensation' to the gentleman. However, in one occasion I had a client showing up but claiming he had to leave due to a family emergency and I gave the donation back thinking he was honest and that it was the right thing to do. BIG MISTAKE! Not only he did not reschedule as promised but ignored a PM I sent him asking to please explain me what really happened. Was I naive? probably but I learned my lesson and although that has not happened again, I would never do that again. Instead I would keep the donation for the rescheduled date, if he really meant to do so then is not really money lost and if he didn't that's what he would get for not being honest with me haha.

Is a shame to have to change our way to deal with things because some people are deceitful :( I'll click submit but not sure if I'm even making a point here (multi-tasking :icon_redface:)

Well this hits close to home for me today. Just had some unexpected major truck issues today, bill is close to $1000.00, and they aren't done all repairs yet

But an encounter scheduled with a lady this Saturday I just have had to cancel, and I was really looking forward to seeing her again too.

Haven't heard back from her yet, but I'm going to try to have an encounter with her in January 2012 to make up for the one I'm going to miss this Saturday (and a little extra make up, I do feel bad that I can't see her). Prefer to think of it as a postponement, not a cancellation

Sometimes, life happens.

But I have notified her. And I would never just cancel without at least letting the lady know as soon as possible

Coming from a guy feeling the pinch of a major truck repair, and to boot, won't be able to see a wonderful lady this weekend, an encounter I've been looking forward to for awhile

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Well this hits close to home for me today. Just had some unexpected major truck issues today, bill is close to $1000.00, and they aren't done all repairs yet

But an encounter scheduled with a lady this Saturday I just have had to cancel, and I was really looking forward to seeing her again too.

Sorry to hear that, RG. Broken vehicles suck :(

But - and ladies, please correct me if I'm wrong on this - I don't get the impression that cancelling with a few days' notice would be a huge deal for most ladies (the ones who have arranged a trip are, of course, another matter entirely) as I don't get the impression that many people book *that* far in advance... of course, I may be talking absolute crap here, in which case I'm sure someone will say so :)

On the original subject of the thread: I honestly don't see how a cancellation fee can realistically be charged after the event, irrespective of the desirability or inherent fairness of doing so. I get the impression that all a lady who's been left hanging can do is refuse to make further appointments with the same person without a deposit being paid in advance, or blacklist him, or spread the word so he gets blacklisted everywhere :)

Sorry to hear that, RG. Broken vehicles suck :(

But - and ladies, please correct me if I'm wrong on this - I don't get the impression that cancelling with a few days' notice would be a huge deal for most ladies (the ones who have arranged a trip are, of course, another matter entirely) as I don't get the impression that many people book *that* far in advance... of course, I may be talking absolute crap here, in which case I'm sure someone will say so :)

On the original subject of the thread: I honestly don't see how a cancellation fee can realistically be charged after the event, irrespective of the desirability or inherent fairness of doing so. I get the impression that all a lady who's been left hanging can do is refuse to make further appointments with the same person without a deposit being paid in advance, or blacklist him, or spread the word so he gets blacklisted everywhere :)

You are right, when you give notice (like in RG's situation) it sucks but there is notice. So in his situation or ones similar I am more than fine to accept it and rebook when possible.

In regards to the fee, if you cancel with me less than 4hrs before our encounter, I remind you in my reply that when you rebook, the additional fee will be applied to a future date (as per my website) in situations where a deposit was paid, I keep the cancellation fee and return the remainder back to the gentleman.

My impression is that a cancellation fee, and the lady's can correct me if I'm wrong, a fee charged to a client who is a last minute cancellation/no-show.

But the fee, in all likelihood can't be legally enforced. But for a client, paying it keeps his name good with the lady, and allows him the chance to re-book with her. Also, if he doesn't pay, his name may go in the SP's Only Section, may get passed to other ladies etc.....in short, he'll get known as a bad date/client

And on a personal note the lady was understanding, and I'm going to re-book with her, with a little extra token of appreciation for having to miss this encounter And as Emily said, cancellations suck (as intimate an encounter it is, I realize it is the ladies' livelihood), but not just for the lady, they suck for me too

A quick rambling

RG

But the fee, in all likelihood can't be legally enforced.

Actually, thinking about this a bit more... if an offer of an exchange of time for money has been made by one person and accepted by another, I *think* that's a legally enforceable contract, whether that happened on the phone or by email or PM or whatever else. I'm sure WIT will be able to quote chapter and verse on this for us.

Of course, the practicalities and desirability of taking it to court would be another matter entirely...

Actually, thinking about this a bit more... if an offer of an exchange of time for money has been made by one person and accepted by another, I *think* that's a legally enforceable contract, whether that happened on the phone or by email or PM or whatever else. I'm sure WIT will be able to quote chapter and verse on this for us.

Of course, the practicalities and desirability of taking it to court would be another matter entirely...

Well maybe, and I emphasize maybe, it is strictly speaking a contract that could go to court for a decision

But I did say "in all likelihood", because aside from the question of whether it could go to court, lawyer's fee's, not to mention time in court would exceed in cost any money attempted to recoup.

But the ladies likely have other ways to enforce payment such as the SP's Section etc, which if used would blacklist, for lack of a better word, a guy wanting future encounters...but I'm speculating

But if your a no show, last minute cancellation, and cancellation fee is required, pay it with an email explaining. It isn't just a no show, it is time the lady set aside for you, which could have used for another encounter

RG

Additional Comments:

I'm just wondering what the other ladies and gents thoughts are of implemented "no show" cancellation fee for the next apt. if the client does not rebook as soon as he's able? I've had a few no show's and am always willing to book again promptly after a cancellation if a rain check is made and the client had a valid reason. I'm very reasonable and understand life comes up. The reason I ask this, is I had one no show in particular that had a valid reason and let me know after I messaged him asking what happened. He had an good explanation. I offered this person a rain check and have yet to hear back. There was plenty of opportunity to rebook. As a result, if he possibly contacts me again months down the line it would be nice to have him make up the time I put in getting ready for the apt. I think there's still an absence of consideration when it comes to the matter of how much time we prepare to see our clients. It's not just the apt. time.

Thoughts please? This in no way implies a fee if I have to cancel. In fact, when I have had to for a valid reason, I take a percentage off my rain check offer after I apologize profusely. I know it's implemented with a few travelling ladies as last minute cancellations and no shows are a very different thing in their situation.

Thanks.

I totally agree with PK - As someone in the contractor business, I get the following business situations. It is NOT exclusive to Ottawa - just the cost of doing business:

Show-up for an appointment only to have a client no-show

Show-up for an appointment only to have a client want to have a totally different experience.

Show-up for an appointment only to have a client no pay

So, and I realize this makes a very challenging question - why do you think your services should be immune to real world experience. Wouldn't it be nice if everything went the way it should?

Sorry if I sound harsh.

I don't have an official cancellation policy and I prefer to handle each case individually. I'm generally quite understanding the first time someone cancels, especially when notice is given, or cancellations by regular clients who have a proven track-record of being reliable.

For last-minute or second cancellations by new clients, I generally won't see them again unless they offer to pay a cancellation fee in advance of the next appointment. My inclination is generally to put them on my own personal "do not see" list, but if they would like to book with me again, the ball is in their court to offer to pay a fee and to get it to me in a way that is acceptable to me.

Maybe I'm being a bit idealistic, but if a gentleman has wasted my time, I think he should offer to compensate me for that. I don't think I should have to ask. If he's not a gentleman, I have no interest in meeting with him.

I'm of the opinion that the ladies should absolutely have a no-show fee. If I had a meeting scheduled and was a no-show, not able to let her know that I can't make it, then I would feel a sense of obligation to pay her a little extra when I do meet up with her. A cancellation fee should be on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes shit happens and clients can't make it for whatever reason. I don't think it's too much to ask for just a text to let the lady know you can't make it. If nothing else, it's a simple professional courtesy. If I were an SP/MA, it would really tick me off if a client simply no-showed. I think it's totally reasonable to charge a no-show fee. If the client is unwilling to pay a no-show fee, then that client probably isn't worth having. And if the client is a no-show a second time, well two strikes and you're out...

Guest E*******h S******s

So, and I realize this makes a very challenging question - why do you think your services should be immune to real world experience. Wouldn't it be nice if everything went the way it should?

Sorry if I sound harsh.

Last time I checked with the "real world", many professionals (ie. doctors, lawyers, dentists, chiropracters, etc.) charge a fee for cancelling with less than 24 hours notice. Why shouldn't professional sex workers follow suit?

Life happens and I have had to cancel and I have been cancelled on as well.....but.....I think it is absolutely acceptable in the case of short notice cancellations, particularily without a reasonable explanation...... or a cancellation by a fella that cancels frequently in which case the other ladies hopefully will be made aware of such gentlemen.

Being the location I am at, for me to happily hobby I am relying on the travelling ladies. Ladies will gamble on Brandon, some successful and some not. A cancellation or two can make or break a successful and financially feasable trip as well as a possiblility of a return visit. I have personally heard of some of the cancellations and reasons for... and it really really sucks for the ladies.

I only have had to cancel once on short notice late the day before I think, felt bad, offered to pay in full by optional payment methods, but the sweet lady declined and understood and life went on. I most certainly wouldn't have had any issue on the next visit paying extra. I have had 2 or 3 sensational visits with her since....although not by conventional methods...she even fixed my ailing back on one occasion ;)

Just a very acceptable business practice in my opinion

I've never charged a cancellation fee, per se, but I do require new clients who cancel at the last minute to pay a deposit if they book another meeting. I've only had to do that three or four times, ever.

I take some time exchanging e-mail and having at least one or two phone calls before I meet a client for the first time. This helps me establish a rapport with him and almost completely eliminates cancellations except for good, valid reasons. That's the whole point, anyway: for both the client and me to recognize that the other one is a real person deserving real respect and proper consideration.

I do ask for deposits for long meetings, particularly if they're made far ahead of time. The possibility of booking a whole day, several evenings or a weekend and then having the time cancelled on short notice isn't something I entertain. I've never had a problem receiving the deposit and I've never had someone cancel suddenly, so far.

• Like 2

I've never charged a cancellation fee, per se, but I do require new clients who cancel at the last minute to pay a deposit if they book another meeting. I've only had to do that three or four times, ever.

I take some time exchanging e-mail and having at least one or two phone calls before I meet a client for the first time. This helps me establish a rapport with him and almost completely eliminates cancellations except for good, valid reasons. That's the whole point, anyway: for both the client and me to recognize that the other one is a real person deserving real respect and proper consideration.

I do ask for deposits for long meetings, particularly if they're made far ahead of time. The possibility of booking a whole day, several evenings or a weekend and then having the time cancelled on short notice isn't something I entertain. I've never had a problem receiving the deposit and I've never had someone cancel suddenly, so far.

Samantha,

I think your approach is a one. Its not really a penalty and therefor not a dis-incentive to re-book.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. It's something I'm implementing on a case by case basis. I only have one so far that has been a little inconsiderate and has stood me up for no reason. He proceeded to make another apt. a week after and did let him know he needed to bring me a nominal fee as his actions were not right. He's the type of client that would not have thought to do this if I hadn't asked. He paid it with no problem but I had mixed feelings about it. That's mainly why I ask. There's been great thoughts presented in this thread from both sides.

I will happily answer your questions Jabba. I welcome all opinions in this topic:

It happens and depending on how the business owner handles this problem, it's case by case.

Show-up for an appointment only to have a client want to have a totally different experience.

My communication process with a potential new client is detailed and they know exactly what to expect. It's never happened as anyone new knows my services, restrictions, boundaries and limits before an apt is made. I've never experienced this due to a stringent pre apt. rapport with my client so all is understood. I would simple not proceed with a client that wants a totally different experience. I let them know I'm not for them and if they ask during an apt. I would not book again with them.

My clients pay before the encounter starts to take this out of the way and not have to worry about the money after. I've not had a problem with this procedure, and this ensures I'm not cheated.

So, and I realize this makes a very challenging question - why do you think your services should be immune to real world experience.

I do believe this business is a part of the "real world" and no business is immune. That's why I asked for feedback. As providers, we can implement procedures to make sure our business thrives like all others. It's simply good business practice.

Wouldn't it be nice if everything went the way it should?

Oh would it ever be nice but as a realist I cannot answer this one Jabba. Any suggestions? :)

Sorry if I sound harsh.

Not harsh at all. I don't mind answering all questions or concerns in this thread as the others have.

Additional Comments:

Thanks.

I totally agree with PK - As someone in the contractor business, I get the following business situations. It is NOT exclusive to Ottawa - just the cost of doing business:

Sorry if I sound harsh.

I fully understand why a lady would introduce or has a cancellation fee, as they say "time is money".

Over the years I could count on one hand the number of times that I have had given proper notice (more than 12 hours noticed to cancel an appointment for legit reasons).

Now on the other hand, I have had many more times, where I have been actually totally forgotten,text at 30 minutes before hand, delayed for 30 minutes or greater, phone called to be canceled on while driving to her place,emailed, and only been offered an apology, which is fine I fully understand that other issues may arise for her as well. My time is important as well though.

But the few times, to be fully forgotten, she also has made my list. It is a two way street, and I fully understand why some ladies would do it(having a cancellation fee), because of the loss revenue (potentially another client).

Just my two cents on the subject.

Over the years I could count on one hand the number of times that I have had given proper notice (more than 12 hours noticed to cancel an appointment for legit reasons).

"Proper notice" is subjective. Most of my appointments are booked 1-3 days in advance, and if you give me 12 hours notice, there is a slim chance I will be able to fill your spot.

That being said, I still abide by what I said previously in this thread, that is being understanding but reasonable about cancellations.

• Like 1

Thanks Pete,

I've had to cancel a few times myself on short notice as especially in this profession, a client just may not be able to give ample notice in delicate situations. IE: The SO has come home and now you have to shovel. Texting in these types of situation is not always available. These situations are completely valid and as providers we are understanding. My mother showed up once unexpected, and I had to cancel last minute on that note. :) I then offer a discount for a rain check as it goes both ways.

I fully understand why a lady would introduce or has a cancellation fee, as they say "time is money".

Now on the other hand, I have had many more times, where I have been actually totally forgotten,text at 30 minutes before hand, delayed for 30 minutes or greater, phone called to be canceled on while driving to her place,emailed, and only been offered an apology, which is fine I fully understand that other issues may arise for her as well. My time is important as well though.

But the few times, to be fully forgotten, she also has made my list. It is a two way street, and I fully understand why some ladies would do it(having a cancellation fee), because of the loss revenue (potentially another client).

Just my two cents on the subject.