Lack of recos bad for everyone

I posted this in the Ottawa section and am reposting here as i am sure it is an issue not only here:

"I just posted something in a reco for a first time visitor to Ottawa. This has been an issue as long as I have lived here and has cost us the company of many outstanding women. Here is the post:

"Ok, I've gotten several PMs telling me how wonderful XXXX is and thanking me for the reco. Wondering why they aren't adding to this? I'm asking for purely selfish reasons, I want to be sure she is here so I can see her again!

Here's what one PM said about her: "Thanks for your XXXX review. I met her tonight and she was a gem. Like, you she managed to slip on a hat without my realizing. I was totally stunned when I found that it was already on. She's remarkable!"

This applies to anyone, not just Yoko. If you like a girl be sure to tell everyone. Some of them will leave town early if they are not busy, others will not return. It's crazy not to share info about a good provider, even if it makes her harder to see. At least she will be here to see eventually!"

Come on guys, this helps everyone. It's a no brainer! Please????"

• Like 1

I have to say this is frustrating for me because every client I see I suggest they post a reco and find cerb gents the hardest to get to post a reco ,I have had few that have found me on other sites post recos there because I think they find it a little more discreet some how,where as if a cerb man posts a reco then every one knows then that he has visited with you and some prefer to keep who they visit with to themselves,this is what I have been told by some.Even though I don't necessarily agree with recos ,because others like them and since they do seem to help business , I ask(should have said suggested) all my clients to post one. I should have read the rules more thouroughly as I did not know it was bad etiquette to ask clients that I would like a reco posted( if they felt justified in doing so),still learning,sorry.

Edited by cr**tyc***es
ommision

I ask all my clients to post one.

I must admit, I don't like this. Last time it happened I almost didn't write a reco (I did in the end, but I'd have been far happier about it if the lady in question hadn't asked). I just don't like being put on the spot. I suppose I could always lie if necessary, but I don't like that either.

But then, if people need to be pushed slightly to actually write recos, maybe it's a good thing that you ask. I'm kinda torn on this.

That was useful, wasn't it? Not. :)

• Like 1

I must admit, I don't like this. Last time it happened I almost didn't write a reco (I did in the end, but I'd have been far happier about it if the lady in question hadn't asked). I just don't like being put on the spot. I suppose I could always lie if necessary, but I don't like that either.

But then, if people need to be pushed slightly to actually write recos, maybe it's a good thing that you ask. I'm kinda torn on this.

I agree, if being put on the spot, and asked to give a recommendation, that would feel awkward. There is an underlying assumption that the guy had a recommendation worthy encounter. But if a lady asked "if you had a good time, would you mind posting a recommendation, it would really be appreciated" or words phrased to that effect, well that's not quite the same. It's less an expectation than a request...or am I splitting hairs here.

And for some guys, they may never think of writing a recommendation unless asked, and there may be many great encounters that a lot of guys have had, but no one knows, because the guys never let us know what a great lady they saw

RG

I agree, with you. I feel somewhat awkward with this is as well. I never want to pressure or put someone on the spot either.

I have suggested to a few whom really seemed to be excited about our experience, or show interest in getting to know the site( such as new members ). I may say " If you like, there is a thread for recommendations. feel free to post your comments." This is usually leads into a conversation about the thread, and the value of participation in this site. Again this is typically the case with a new member. If it is a well seasoned member, then I know I do not have to suggest it, or explain it. I will leave it to them to do or not do...although if I see them posting, and I have seen him for 2 times or more, I may feel a bit down from that too. Then perhaps bring it up out of curiosity.

And yes, it was useful:)

I have seen a few threads about recomendations or the lack of and I just wanted to say I personally have not writen any simply because I have not read any. I make my decision on the lady's based on thier general reputation on the board and thier profile. Since people are looking for different things in the encounter and thier personal likes and dislikes may not match with my own I don't bother reading the recomendations therefor writing one seems irrelevant.

My sincere apologies to the lady's who feel they need them.

• Like 1

I have seen a few threads about recommendations or the lack of and I just wanted to say I personally have not written any simply because I have not read any. I make my decision on the lady's based on their general reputation on the board and their profile. Since people are looking for different things in the encounter and their personal likes and dislikes may not match with my own I don't bother reading the recommendations therefor writing one seems irrelevant.

My sincere apologies to the lady's who feel they need them.

When u say ....you base yourself on the profile, but a reco tells the reader if she is as advertised, and give's you as the hobbyist to see consistency in her services.

Of course one reco may describe say, more on my outfit I was wearing rather than my massage, or personality, knowlege...or perhaps will be more about the bedroom talents.

But the bottom line is, Yes in our industry we have to maintain reputation and maintain level of services the hobbyist are seeking. And yes...this is a recommendation board. For many this is a livelyhood and do have to keep high quality standards to be profitable.

I think perhaps when you say...we "need" it??? Not sure but that seems a bit extreme. Is that the right word? lol

But hey if your not comfortable with it, Np problem. It is not like I would preasure you too do so either.

When u say ....you base yourself on the profile, but a reco tells the reader if she is as advertised, and give's you as the hobbyist to see consistency in her services.

Of course one reco may describe say, more on my outfit I was wearing rather than my massage, or personality, knowlege...or perhaps will be more about the bedroom talents.

But the bottom line is, Yes in our industry we have to maintain reputation and maintain level of services the hobbyist are seeking. And yes...this is a recommendation board. For many this is a livelyhood and do have to keep high quality standards to be profitable.

I think perhaps when you say...we "need" it??? Not sure but that seems a bit extreme. Is that the right word? lol

But hey if your not comfortable with it, Np problem. It is not like I would preasure you too do so either.

When I said "Need" I did not mean to make it sound personal. In my mind it was more of a "need to help your buisness reputation or to help your buisness grow".

I know it sounds strange to base myself on a profile and not the reviews. I will try to explain. I have found that CERB is much more then a review board, it is a community where people can exchange ideas or just a laugh. I have noticed that generally the people that participate on the board have shown honesty and good buisness practices and also shown a personal side of themselves. I know that not everyone participates but by simply being on CERB over a longer period of time, to me, shows a concern for their reputation and their buisness. In my mind CERB has quality people.

When I am looking to meet one of the ladys I look at their ad and hope to find quality pictures and a general dicription that includes her hight. Then look at her menu to see what I can expect during a session and know what her limits are and if she falls whitin my financial capabilitis. I don't read the reviews because I do not going into a session with a preconceived idea of what will happen. I want things to flow naturally. Also if I read a ladys reviews I feel that it would make me nervous and I would put too much pressure on myself to perform.

Sophia I hope this answers some of your questions.

• Like 1

Guest ***t***iv***

when I read the reco rules, I found that I came out with the following understanding:

1) asking/trading etc for recommendations is not allowed

2) a provider needs to give consent before a poster can recommend them

so, what I have always done is for CERB members, if they were happy with the encounter I let them know that it's okay with me if they want to post a reco, but that they don't need to.

I also ask that (should they decide to post) they do not go into explicit detail, citing that I only ask for tasteful reco's.

That way, I am inviting them to post but not asking or telling them to, just letting them know what style of reco I accept. It is my understanding that is up to the lady's to sort of 'manage' how they are recommended; giving permission to be recommended and to report it if, for some reason, it may be unwanted.

when I read the reco rules, I found that I came out with the following understanding:

2) a provider needs to give consent before a poster can recommend them

Have the rules changed?

Some gentlemen will sometimes send me their reco for approval first- mostly because they are detailed-

but generally, gentlemen are free to write and post recos when they feel like it and do not have to get consent first.

Personally, I write recommendations, not reviews. To me, if the reco conveys that I had a good time with the lady, there is no need for a detailed play by play that a review entails.

And out of courtesy, before I post the recommendation, I let the lady see it, just in case she prefers no recommendations.

And it isn't posted unless she says it's ok to post...she doesn't say what is to be written, but if she prefers nothing written, then I respect that

I have seen a lady, who doesn't like reco's so in spite of the encounter being recommendation worthy, I did not post one

RG

I enjoy writing a recommendation for a lady but initially it took me about 6 months on this site before I finally got around to posting my first one.

In general, I usually wait until after a second visit as I write more about what I like about the woman then what the session was like.

I use these as chance to try to be a bit more creative in my writing skills. I'm a slow writer at best and always do a lot of editing before I finally figure out what I want to say so this can be a bit of a process at times. It's well worth it though when you send it off for the lady's input and it meets with her approval.

I have never been asked outright to write a recommendation but there are enough threads out there to make it common knowledge that most ladies appreciate it when you do make one.

This took me 75 minutes to write.

Although always welcomed and encouraged as being a member of this "recommendation board", no client should feel obligated or pressured to write a reco for anyone. And it's just plain tacky to ask them to do so. Period.

• Like 5

Writing a recco.....quite frankly I suck at it ! I can tell a long joke in a minute but almost have to take a day off work to have enough time to write a recco ..... the words don't flow it seems....funny how that goes.

I have read very few so I guess that factors in too. I realized a few months back how important it is to you ladies so I try now. I don't believe in explicitly detailed recco's but to each his/her own. I also see it as important because I am seeing so many posts now ...... "have you seen so and so and how was she?....please post or PM me please" As said previously a short recco or addition to a previous recco ie.... "I had a great time and will definately repeat" or "a must see" ..."she is hot" ;) anything will help the both the ladies and the fellas !

Well I guess that's Lee's opinion on this topic in a nutshell :) Have a great day and for God's sakes keep your stick on the ice ;)

• Like 1

Like LR I suck at writing reco's. I will make a point to do it in the future because this thread has opened my eyes to the importance of reco's. However, if I was asked to write a reco I think it would make me feel uncomfortable and I probably wouldn't respond positively to that.

Guest ***t***iv***
Have the rules changed?

Some gentlemen will sometimes send me their reco for approval first- mostly because they are detailed-

but generally, gentlemen are free to write and post recos when they feel like it and do not have to get consent first.

I don't think they have changed. I read a lot of stuff when I first joined up, I can't remember where I read that or if I misread it.

I think it was stated that you can let them know it's okay but I also gathered they don't have to get your express consent to recommend.

bit of a grey area, perhaps

I believe a reco helps a new lady on the block be noticed and get on her feet so to speak. I woked as hard in the beginning as I do now to make sure every guest was taken care of and then some.

For some reason it took quite a long time for me to get that first really stong reco. I noticed and very quickly that my client base grew and grew. I was not doing anything new so it only makes sense to believe that is what got things going for me.

I also belive there are many shining stars out there yet to be discovered so it makes good sense to me if you had a great time with a lady write a few words about her. It only takes a few minutes to share with everyone and it can make huge difference for a lady doing her best to grow and prosper.

• Like 3

I found for me, in my early formative years LOL entering into this lifestyle that writing a recommendation was hard to do. It wasn't for a lack of meeting great ladies. It was because growing up, I was raised that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors. Not a prudish view, it was more a case that you don't talk about your sexual encounters with other people. Your sexual encounters were between you and your girlfriend. And not for bragging about in the locker room to your friends, at your girlfriends expense. And lets face it, back in the day, guys that did talk, it was a case of them bragging

I had to learn that as part of this lifestyle, most ladies do in fact welcome recommendations. I found it hard at first to write them, but as I wrote more, I got more comfortable with writing them. I still don't do a play by play review, but when a recommendation is warranted (and thankfully, most of my encounters are recommendation worthy :-)) I do write them. Hopefully they convey that I enjoyed my time with the lady, and another gentleman would enjoy meeting the lady too

A quick rambling

RG

The recommendations that I've appreciated the most, and that prospective clients have mentioned, aren't explicit, but still give the kind of information many seem to want. Am I the woman in the photographs on my website? Was our correspondence helpful, meaning not only did you get the information you needed from me, but did you also get a sense of the kind of woman I am? How well did that impression match with your experience of me in person? Did you enjoy your time with me, whatever we were doing? By that I mean, did you find me to be warm, pleasant, attentive, hospitable and perhaps interesting? Everyone feels a bit nervous when meeting someone new, especially in anticipation of an intimate engagement. Did I help you feel relaxed, confident and at ease? Would you see me again, if the circumstances allow?

I think that explicit details about erotic activities are less useful, much as I appreciate that you enjoyed our intimate time together. What I do with you may have more to do with the chemistry between us, how you feel or how I feel that day than anything else. I will always do my best to ensure that you have a pleasurable time, but I can't guarantee to engage in a specific act, no matter what! If we've met several times, the intensity and variety of our activities may change as we get to know each other better. Genuine trust based on real experience with another person enhances an encounter, for me, at least.

• Like 2

In reading the opinions expressed I have to agree that requesting a recommendation is "tacky". I see that most gentlemen do ask other gentlemen for advice in whom to see and usually responses are made by private message and can become a reveiw. A recommendation is always welcome as it assists the ladies, let's face it this is our main source of income for most, and a good word in any business goes a long way. I have never asked or requested a recommendation, but would hope that if a gentleman I see who would not be "willing" (not saying he has to but would normally)to post one he would let me know because this means something about our time together made him unhappy and he may not return.

As with some of the other ladies I would be happy to receive kind words that tell others my pictures are real, I am a pleasure to spend time with and that return visits will be forthcoming.

Being so new at this profession, I really don't have an opinion on Recommendations. I don't know if they are a good or bad thing. If you want to write one that's fine (it most certainly isn't an obligation).

My satisfaction is watching a Gent leave walking about 6" off the ground with a smile on their face. It also gives me a warm and fuzzy when they call or email to say thank you and will see me again soon.

To me a "Review" would be a play by play account of the playdate; which is not the purpose of this site anyway. It might also turn off another Gent that didn't like such and such activity no matter how much you did.

A "Recommendation" should be a positive paragraph or 2 of your visit. Was the Lady represented truly, anything unique or outstanding (tastefully said), would you repeat, etc.

Just my 2.5 sense.

I posted this in the Ottawa section and am reposting here as i am sure it is an issue not only here:

I am posting my reply from the Ottawa section as well:

This is so true, I have a few clients I've seen more times than I can count who have found me on Cerb, who have never written me a review. When asked about it (curiosity....can't help but thinking "am i doing something wrong? I'm confused, we keep visiting, yet no review.....?????), they have replied in various ways to why they haven't written them, saying things like "oh i am not the reviewing type", " i wouldn't know what to say" but yet each and every one of them decided to see me, my reviews, being a major influence on that decision. Gentlemen, if you are going to read and use the reviews to find a lady, why is such a far leap to write one as well?

I understand a lot of you are shy, or private, but those who are even the top posters remain anonymous in "real" world, anonymity is the beauty of this place.I couldn't point out those I haven't met personally if they walked up to me face to face in the street lol. Some gentlemen feel like their writing skills aren't up to par. Well,you don't have to be William Shakespeare, and this isn't English class, you aren't being graded on your writing capabilities. I have received pm's, texts and email after the rendezvous saying how pleased they were, all messages were short and sweet, and could have easily been posted in the same exact wording as a review, and they would have been sufficient. if you are really concerned about they way in which you convey your experience, try typing it up on a word document first so you can edit it and review it if you feel like that's what you want to do, it gives you opportunity to chew it over, until you like what you wrote. Then you simply copy and paste it onto here.

Finally, I fear some gentlemen do not write reviews because they are fearful their experience doesn't "measure up " to say another reviewer. For example, if a previous review of a lady communicated that the rendezvous was very passionate and wild, and your experience was more sensual and laid back, you may fear being looked at then less than the previous gentleman, or you weren't "as good"; you can't "top" the previous review. Well, as someone stated before, the review isn't about you, or a contest of who had the wildest or "best time" with the lady. It's about letting others know, especially those who are considering seeing us (hence reading the reviews lol) that they are not wasting their time, they will enjoy themselves and get their money's worth!!! I look at it kind of like American Idol, i.e. when you review us its like when you call in to vote for your favourite contestant. By writing a review, you are essentially "voting" for us, showing others that you think we are great and deserve to "win" lol :smile: By generating business our in "voting" for us, you are keeping us on the "show" because if we aren't earning we don't stay, so therefore you are ensuring we stick around and are available for future visits.

I also personally think its it's unfair and disrespectful to the gentlemen (and the spirit of this board in general) who tofft and then take the time out of their busy lives to contribute by writing a review, just to read the reviews and reap the benefits of that information, only to then not contribute in the same way so that some other gentleman can receive the same beneficial information in the same way you did. Its a two way street imho, if your going to use the resource(reading the reviews), it is only fair contribute and replenish it (ie add onto the reviews) so that others may benefit form this wonderful forum, just as you did. Without the recommendations, how can a "recommendation board survive"? JMHO :smile:

• Like 1

I am posting my reply from the Ottawa section as well:

This is so true, I have a few clients I've seen more times than I can count who have found me on Cerb, who have never written me a review. When asked about it (curiosity....can't help but thinking "am i doing something wrong? I'm confused, we keep visiting, yet no review.....?????), they have replied in various ways to why they haven't written them, saying things like "oh i am not the reviewing type", " i wouldn't know what to say" but yet each and every one of them decided to see me, my reviews, being a major influence on that decision. Gentlemen, if you are going to read and use the reviews to find a lady, why is such a far leap to write one as well?

I understand a lot of you are shy, or private, but those who are even the top posters remain anonymous in "real" world, anonymity is the beauty of this place.I couldn't point out those I haven't met personally if they walked up to me face to face in the street lol. Some gentlemen feel like their writing skills aren't up to par. Well,you don't have to be William Shakespeare, and this isn't English class, you aren't being graded on your writing capabilities. I have received pm's, texts and email after the rendezvous saying how pleased they were, all messages were short and sweet, and could have easily been posted in the same exact wording as a review, and they would have been sufficient. if you are really concerned about they way in which you convey your experience, try typing it up on a word document first so you can edit it and review it if you feel like that's what you want to do, it gives you opportunity to chew it over, until you like what you wrote. Then you simply copy and paste it onto here.

Finally, I fear some gentlemen do not write reviews because they are fearful their experience doesn't "measure up " to say another reviewer. For example, if a previous review of a lady communicated that the rendezvous was very passionate and wild, and your experience was more sensual and laid back, you may fear being looked at then less than the previous gentleman, or you weren't "as good"; you can't "top" the previous review. Well, as someone stated before, the review isn't about you, or a contest of who had the wildest or "best time" with the lady. It's about letting others know, especially those who are considering seeing us (hence reading the reviews lol) that they are not wasting their time, they will enjoy themselves and get their money's worth!!! I look at it kind of like American Idol, i.e. when you review us its like when you call in to vote for your favourite contestant. By writing a review, you are essentially "voting" for us, showing others that you think we are great and deserve to "win" lol :smile: By generating business our in "voting" for us, you are keeping us on the "show" because if we aren't earning we don't stay, so therefore you are ensuring we stick around and are available for future visits.

I also personally think its it's unfair and disrespectful to the gentlemen (and the spirit of this board in general) who tofft and then take the time out of their busy lives to contribute by writing a review, just to read the reviews and reap the benefits of that information, only to then not contribute in the same way so that some other gentleman can receive the same beneficial information in the same way you did. Its a two way street imho, if your going to use the resource(reading the reviews), it is only fair contribute and replenish it (ie add onto the reviews) so that others may benefit form this wonderful forum, just as you did. Without the recommendations, how can a "recommendation board survive"? JMHO :smile:

I know I, as a general rule, write recommendations of good, or great encounters I've had with a lady. The only time I don't write a recommendation is when either the lady didn't provide a recommendation worthy encounter (four times) or a lady provided a good recommendation worthy encounter, but she does not want recommendations written. I do let the lady see the recommendation before it's posted, and give her yay or nay...and no, not editorial control, but if she doesn't llke the reco, she can say so, it won't be posted.

As for measuring up, well for me, this isn't a case of the boys in the locker room comparing stories of their sexual exploits. When I write a recommendation it is me writing about the time I spent with a particular lady, and that I had a good or great time with her. I'm not worried about impressing other guys out there. I'm just writing to let other guys out there know about a lady I saw, and that if they saw her, they likely would enjoy spending time with her too. With the added benefit, it can help the lady's business. And really, this lifestyle, it isn't, at least for me, about impressing other guys. It is something I do for myself. And when I meet a lady I had a good or great time with, then I'll let others know, so they in turn can have a good or great encounter, and the lady's business, in some small way gets benefited too

A rambling

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy