why so much jealousy?

changed my mind do not want this thread to be taken the wrong way

Edited by Lany

Guest s******ecan****

.....no doubt a topic relevant to this industry throughout the ages ....

yet I find it one best left for other venues.

a lot has been done recently to improve the atmosphere on CERB I hope all will keep this in mind when considering posting on this thread.

It's sad that this stuff goes on behind the scenes.

I have to say, though, that I remain happily oblivious to it :)

It's sad that this stuff goes on behind the scenes.

I have to say, though, that I remain happily oblivious to it :)

I am oblivious too, not sure what is going on here. I do think it's natural that there would be some jealously though after all, there are GF Experiences going on.

I'm surprised to hear that. In my experience, the ladies I've met seem to take the attitude that they would like me (and I assume other gentlemen too) have a good time meeting great ladies in this lifestyle. In fact some ladies have mentioned other ladies they think would be a good match (if that's the right term) for me. Not only that, there are a great many ladies who happily provide references/verification, which not only benefits the gentlemen in seeing other ladies, but other ladies as well, by helping in their screening. Not something done, you would think, if there was jealousies.

And if CERB is an example, this is pretty much a community where, for the most part, we all get, or try to get along. Hopefully the jealousies you are talking about are just exceptions to the rule...my experience is the ladies have mutual respect for each other

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

I must be in lala land lol cause I don't see this lol Ottawa I find is the most welcoming most unjealous place to work...girls are always gunna be guarded with new girls as they can come and go, but as far as my op we ARE all a family :) and yes bitchiness is just a trait of dealing with girls all dealing with pms in one place lmao or if your quitting certain bad habits ;)

kisses

• Like 2

Lany, I did not have the opportunity to read your post before you modified it, but I hope this board hasn't reached the point where we cant discuss a controversial topic, especially one involving the industry, as long as its done respectfully. Maybe there were some details that were too specific or problematic.

I take it from roaminguy's post that it had to do with withholding references or something like that, and I agree that's too bad and my experience is similar to his ... most people seem to be quite willing to share.

I take particular exception to scottthecanuck's post which I read as nothing more than discouragement to anyone who might have an opinion on whatever the matter was that Lany was trying to talk about. Have we really gotten to that point around here?

Lany, I did not have the opportunity to read your post before you modified it, but I hope this board hasn't reached the point where we cant discuss a controversial topic, especially one involving the industry, as long as its done respectfully. Maybe there were some details that were too specific or problematic.

I did read the original. Suffice to say that it related to the kind of behind-the-scenes stuff that we guys generally don't see. And, to be honest, had more to do with the SP/MA equivalent of the kind of office politics that far too many of us are probably far too familiar with.

I take it from roaminguy's post that it had to do with withholding references or something like that, and I agree that's too bad and my experience is similar to his ... most people seem to be quite willing to share.

No, it wasn't to do with references.

I take particular exception to scottthecanuck's post which I read as nothing more than discouragement to anyone who might have an opinion on whatever the matter was that Lany was trying to talk about. Have we really gotten to that point around here?

scottthecanuck's post wasn't unreasonable. This was the kind of thread that *could* have degenerated into nastiness, and I read his post as a shot across the bows of anyone who might have been tempted to go that way. It should also be said that that Lany's original post was more of a "why can't the CERB ethos be more widespread" lament than anything else.

In summary: move along, folks. Nothing to see here. Move along.

• Like 6

I am oblivious as well, but I would like to point out, that as far as I can tell, there is no shortage of sperm donors.

• Like 1

I am oblivious as well, but I would like to point out, that as far as I can tell, there is no shortage of sperm donors.

Agreed ... That's been true throughout the ages!

Additional Comments:

I did read the original. Suffice to say that it related to the kind of behind-the-scenes stuff that we guys generally don't see. And, to be honest, had more to do with the SP/MA equivalent of the kind of office politics that far too many of us are probably far too familiar with.

No, it wasn't to do with references.

scottthecanuck's post wasn't unreasonable. This was the kind of thread that *could* have degenerated into nastiness, and I read his post as a shot across the bows of anyone who might have been tempted to go that way. It should also be said that that Lany's original post was more of a "why can't the CERB ethos be more widespread" lament than anything else.

In summary: move along, folks. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Thanks for the extra background.  I guess we'll probably never know why Lany deleted her post, but if that's all there was to it, that's even weirder in my opinion.  I'll leave the other specifics out of it, but I definitely stand by my opinion that no one here (except for our Mod., of course) is a self appointed censor of topics -- either to the original poster or others that might have an opinion -- as long as the poster is being respectful and the subject isn't illegal or otherwise out of bounds per Cerb rules.

Like most everyone else, I want us to have a great board and encourage as much discussion as possible.

• Like 2

Guest ****ven

It's so true that this to can be like a workplace, we shall all have our competition at times...

Best just to play nice and not stress over the way that other people act or let the things that are said get to you.

I've received negative or "jealous" feedback from other SPs in the past and honestly it hasn't been worth a second of my time.

BCB:

I would imagine Lany deleted her original post probably because she saw the potential for it to escalate into something ugly.

And your post is an example of that. It's akin to "stirring the pot" and taking jabs at the ladies on this board.

Can we just leave it be? It's this sort of negativity that saw people putting words in other peoples mouths, fighting and causing some to be suspended recently.

• Like 5

I don't think it's getting heated, just people expressing their opinions strongly. Nothing wrong with that as long as its respectful IMO.

BCB, there's a lot going on in your posts, issue wise ... Care to take those one at a time?

Let's face it, no matter what occupation one holds there will always be some form of jealousy. No matter who your friends are there will be some form of jealousy. At some point we all feel a tinge of jealousy at one point or another in our lives, whether it is our best friends natural long hair, our husbands secretary, Your jerk of a boss with a trophy wife, the buff guy with the six pack next to you at the gym or the office geek with seasons tickets to some coveted sport.

Yes there is jealousy in the business and there always will be, all one can do is just deal with it and move on. At some point each and every one of us will have dealt with some form of jealousy from another companion/provider. How you handle it, will make it easier to deal with. If you let someone else's childish actions affect you it will in the end effect your business. In the end we are all not for everyone and someone will always have an issue with something you do as an individual.

Jealousy is a NORMAL human emotion, everyone has felt it in way way or another.

There will always be someone with bigger breasts, a better body, longer legs, better photos, a better wardrobe, more shoes, better writing skills and everything else we get jealous over. Time to let it go....

Everyone will not always get along, but we can discuss things as adults in an undramatic and drama free way. I think the subject is a good one, providing everyone stays on topic.

• Like 8

Jealousy is a NORMAL human emotion, everyone has felt it in way way or another.

The question then becomes what do we do with these feelings and how should we react.

What happens next will reveal one's level of maturity and express the kind of person you are.

Always try to take the high rode fellow cerbies.

Well, certainly if originally she was asking for advice on how to deal with it, I can't see any reason why she should feel pressured to have to delete the topic itself. In the spirit of feeling comfortable enough to do that without getting any backlash, it is an important enough topic for her to have started the thread. Which in itself should make it important to the cerb community, I would think.

On the topic of rates, I have yet to see, on numerous forums, behind the scenes or whatever, any attempt by any single sp or group of sps hassling lower rate sps to raise their rates. I am not shy about suggesting to an sp with lower than even the lowest of rates out there that she will reduce the number of low baller callers by a simple increase. That's a safety issue tho. And certainly no one has to pay attention to what anyone else suggests anyway. That a grown woman can post ads, screen callers, and offer services to men from all walks of life, but cannot stick up for herself to another sp is really really hard to believe.

• Like 2

Guest o*etw*****e

I feel I should inject some important info into this thread: The girls who've posted in it are really hot.

ha ha thread hijack...just kidding but seriously I cannot believe we are still talking on a thread where the poster removed her thread over 24 hours later.

I feel I should inject some important info into this thread: The girls who've posted in it are really hot.
Edited by Paradise Spa
typo
  • Like 1

As usual' date=' Ang comes up with a great point which I THOUGHT I was alluding to in MY last post. You go girl.[/quote']

Then you are completely missing the point of many of the subsequent posts.

At least part of the issues mentioned include whether there is a feeling here that Lany felt intimidated into removing her post. BCB's points relate to this issue combined with some other historical matters that have been discussed here. There are some people here that feel very deeply about these topics on both sides and there's nothing wrong with talking them out.

• Like 2