Tours to NB (Especially Moncton)

Guest d****s

No my comments are not simply in regards to pooning, my distaste of Moncton was rooted deeply long before that.

The economy is not good. Here I'd make 25/hr and rarely get OT nearly anywheres else I see 35-45/hr with an abundance of OT (better ot rules as well ie 2x instead of 1.5) not too mention much better pension. Cost of living doesn't come into play as I'm either given my food, lodging, transportation free or when allowable given an allowance which more than covers those costs. Other trades are basically the same. Even down in St. John I'd have a considerably better financial situation. This is another knock against Moncton as far as sp's go, alot less disposable income to go around.

Location. Sure it's decent if you like small city. Fredericton, Halifax, St John all within shooting distance. Montreal, Quebec city, and Ottawa (bit of a stretch) within a days drive. But does it compare to Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg (all within shooting distance where I was), with Calgary, Edmonton, and Banff (sorry fundy does not compare) within a days travel? Ugh flights I came home over Xmas for not much more than a co worker went to china for!! Why come to Moncton when you've had bad experiences and the flight seems to cost more than it should (I'm curious now what Moncton - Toronto would cost as opposed to Toronto - Calgary).

Nicest people? That's the maritimes as a whole, absolute nicest I've met are the neufs. That is something I do miss, people are pretty good here. But you knowwhat get intosmaller towns in Ontario, Manitoba, and SK the people are pretty darn genuine there as well.

Greatest Canadian city? Sorry spent time in Brandon (which I believe is actually smaller pop wise) and it seems more like a city to me. Cost of living is the same (hell it isn't much higher in Winnipeg to be honest).

I didn't mean to come off as harsh saying I hate Moncton, and I do love driving from edmunston to here, but after a few days I just want out. Unless you really like slowed down small city living Moncton just lacks in every dept. When you factor in less money, not a great location, and no shows/general lack of business it's no wonder some of the best touring providers don't show up.

My experience in Moncton was not positive it may be different for others but obviously there are some who go there and find it unappealing. It doesn't mean anyone is a horrible person for living there. Every city has more than one face to show to the world.

To get back on topic I think regardless of the city's merits/faults we can agree there is most definitely a problem for touring SPs. I think there is just a problem in general with SPs in Moncton. Its just not the same as other cites I've been too.

I was thinking about it the other day and I started wondering if it was because of how the city works in general. I mean it is basically the retail/service outlet for NB, PEI and bordering towns in NS. The place is a giant strip mall in a sense. It also is a hub, a central location in the region. This makes it ideal for conferences, trade shows, concerts, etc...

These things I believe create a wandering clientele for the SP. People who are just visiting, or there for a week or weekend. A business man just passing through or some random guy from northern NB/PEI picking up something they ordered. These type of people might think that the visit is great opportunity to have some fun with a pretty lady in a place they can remain totally anonymous.

A person like this might not give a second thought to canceling an appointment in the same way one might not give a second thought to stiffing a waitress/waiter on a tip when eating at restaurant they will never return to. Why worry if you're not even from the city right? Anonymity makes people into jerks and the internet is proof of that.

I'm not trying to blame outsiders since this is all just hearsay not fact but I really believe, personally, that it may be playing into it a little. Just a hypothesis to keep you all in Moncton entertained :)

Well I am off to Moncton today! I hope it to be a successful trip.

Moncton is getting beat up in this thread, I love that city! It is not a metropolis, but it is getting there slowly. I do have some good clients there, that are reliable. So In the mean time, I have decided to make a point to visit on a regualr basis, and hopefully with time and patients perhaps we can turn this around so we can all enjoy the city and touring SP's:)

Here's to trying!!

Well I am off to Moncton today! I hope it to be a successful trip.

Moncton is getting beat up in this thread, I love that city! It is not a metropolis, but it is getting there slowly. I do have some good clients there, that are reliable. So In the mean time, I have decided to make a point to visit on a regualr basis, and hopefully with time and patients perhaps we can turn this around so we can all enjoy the city and touring SP's:)

Here's to trying!!

And compliments to to you for that Sophie :)

• Like 1

remember going to moncton when it had gentlemans club on st george and finess on weldon. sometimes took in both on the same evening. sure miss them

I was rather disappointed that all of the gentlemen who practically begged me to come to Fredericton and Saint John did not contact me while I was here. And I do see gentlemen same day, time permitting, so it's not like it would have been difficult to book with short notice.

I now understand why touring ladies insist on deposits.

Sad, but true that if you intend on seeing a lady and then don't even bother to follow through, it does not instill a lot of confidence to return to that city.

• Like 6

I was rather disappointed that all of the gentlemen who practically begged me to come to Fredericton and Saint John did not contact me while I was here. And I do see gentlemen same day, time permitting, so it's not like it would have been difficult to book with short notice.

I now understand why touring ladies insist on deposits.

Sad, but true that if you intend on seeing a lady and then don't even bother to follow through, it does not instill a lot of confidence to return to that city.

Really sorry to hear that from you Angela.

We get very few touring ladies to Saint John but July is an unusually great month for us here! We have 4 ladies that I know of that are coming here. Jasmin Thai, Beautiful Anna, Emily Marie and Emily Rushton.

So I say to the guys out there if you want these ladies and other ladies to come to Saint John you have to support them. If you can see more than 1 great but save your money and see at least one of the ladies.

Don't book them unless you are serious about your encounter, it's worse to book and not show up than to not book at all.

And let me say that I make these statements for completely selfish reasons, make no mistake about it, I like variety and I love to see beautiful women stop by Saint John to put a smile on my face.

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear that from you Angela.

We get very few touring ladies to Saint John but July is an unusually great month for us here! We have 4 ladies that I know of that are coming here. Jasmin Thai, Beautiful Anna, Emily Marie and Emily Rushton.

So I say to the guys out there if you want these ladies and other ladies to come to Saint John you have to support them. If you can see more than 1 great but save your money and see at least one of the ladies.

Don't book them unless you are serious about your encounter, it's worse to book and not show up than to not book at all.

And let me say that I make these statements for completely selfish reasons, make no mistake about it, I like variety and I love to see beautiful women stop by Saint John to put a smile on my face.[/quote

That is awesome support Billy!! I am sure she will appreciate that:)

But as you can see it is not just a Moncton, STJ, or Freddy problem:( I experience this so much in NB, that I actually do not tour in NB( unless I am just seeing regular clients)

I truly hope that she will give Nb another try, and hope that the Gent's will consider this experience in the future when asking for a lady to visit our Maritime cities. If you truly want her here, wonderful, but follow through. Do not hand out false hopes:(

Hope you come back Angela...if for any reason...then to have good 'Ol maritme fun:) xoxoxo

This is a copy of a email I sent just now.

Hi Angela,

I am one of gentlemen who contacted you about meeting with you when you came to New Brunswick. I am truly sorry that I was not able to meet you for my appointment. I was involved in car accident and was in the hospital and I wasnt able to contact you.

I was really hoping to see you but this was beyond my control. I hope that you'll understand. I meant to malice..

When I make an appointment I am there. This was something I couldn't control. I still feel bad about miss this appointment. I hope that you will indeed come back so that I can keep my word...

• Like 1

Hi Angela,

I am one of gentlemen who contacted you about meeting with you when you came to New Brunswick. I am truly sorry that I was not able to meet you for my appointment. I was involved in car accident and was in the hospital and I wasnt able to contact you.

I was really hoping to see you but this was beyond my control. I hope that you'll understand. I meant to malice..

When I make an appointment I am there. This was something I couldn't control. I still feel bad about miss this appointment. I hope that you will indeed come back so that I can keep my word...

I don't think the ladies question that there are legitimate reasons for cancelling an appointment, the problem is when guys book when they know they probably won't show up. Maybe sometimes it's malicious and maybe sometimes they just don't realize that missing an appointment costs the lady money, pisses her off, she doesn't come back and tells other ladies of her experience here in NB. No shows are bad for all of us.

• Like 2

Hi Angela,

\Sorry for all the errors folks :( I need an aid I believe.

Well I don't think in all cases when a guy cancels it is malicious, sometimes life happens. But when a lady sets aside a block of time for you, and you are a no show that is time that can't be used to see another client. For a lady, that loss of an encounter is loss of income (remember, this is for the ladies, their livelihood). In the case of touring ladies it is compounded by the fact she spent money on travel (airfare, hotel, etc), which she did based on the premise that she would see clients.

I know for me, I have had to cancel at the last minute a scheduled encounter (came down with a major viral infection) with a touring lady. I paid the lady for the encounter even though I didn't show...why should she be out travel fees and lost income because I was a last minute no show. As for the money, it was already set aside for her so providing it not an issue

In another case, it was not a cancellation, but a postponement of a couple weeks, on my part. I increased the time of our encounter from three hours (we usually see each other for three hours) to four hours, as a little thank you for the inconvenience.

A rambling

RG

Guest SweptbackFlame

I'm all knew to this, but When I heard Emily Marie was travelling all the way from BC, I knew I had to treat her to a good visit here in NB. In the hopes of seeing her and likely others from out west again and again.

It's a shame that's the reputation Moncton has gotten over the years and it's a drag as I know I'd never book something without holding true to it.

To the guys, if you are seriously going to see someone. Stay true to it, because if we all follow up on this one simple thing, more and better (Not dissing on you ladies :)) opportunities will come!

To the ladies, we appreciate the time you give us whenever you can. I know I do :)

Guest **urHo***ixx

I am sick of hearing about no-shows in NB...that's wrong and inconsiderate. I'm also sick of hearing about SP's refusing to tour here...that's wrong and inconsiderate too...what about the clients who do regularly show up as I always have, and given great reviews as well? And wow, I'm from Moncton! I'm not the only great client here, either, but travelling 4-5 hours to see my favorite SP won't work well for me either...So please consider this...a non-refundable deposit for newbies, and pre-booking your regulars. NB needs its touring girls! Trust me, the quality is a little lacking locally! (Except for you of course, Sophia V!)

I am sick of hearing about no-shows in NB...that's wrong and inconsiderate. I'm also sick of hearing about SP's refusing to tour here...that's wrong and inconsiderate too...what about the clients who do regularly show up as I always have, and given great reviews as well? And wow, I'm from Moncton! I'm not the only great client here, either, but travelling 4-5 hours to see my favorite SP won't work well for me either...So please consider this...a non-refundable deposit for newbies, and pre-booking your regulars. NB needs its touring girls! Trust me, the quality is a little lacking locally! (Except for you of course, Sophia V!)

Unfortunately the theme "If you don't have anything nice to say" doesn't apply to regions or cities. It hurts those of us who do see the touring ladies when bad things are said about where we live.

It is wrong and inconsiderate, yet it is the truth...It sucks to hear it...I will say yes there are probably a couple great clients in Moncton, but unfortunately those few clients don't cover the expenses for a trip. While a lady can ask for a deposit, at the end of the day that 100$ really does not cover much and if you times that by a few people well you see where I am going here.

I encourage ladies to tour Saint John, in New Brunswick and I wont recommend any of the other cities in the province due to the drama, no-shows, games and time wasters. I gather as of late the games have not stopped. It is hard for me to encourage ladies to tour a city where I know that they wont make any money and will not be treated with respect. The same goes for other cities in other provinces, it is not just a bash Moncton thing.

Understand we run a business and if the business is not profitable we don't offer our sevices there. How many bad trips to a city do you expect a companion to make before she snaps....

And for the record, there are a great local ladies in NB - dont forget Carley Chase, Myself & Selina.

I feel bad that the nice people have to miss out on great ladies touring their city....

Edited by *****ru****n
  • Like 1

Well seeing as this thread is re-emerging again, I'll chime in again. First, if you really want to see great ladies then drive to the city they are in. If the city they are in is St. John drive (or take a bus etc) to see them. I'm all too familar with driving up to 3 1/2-4 hours to see a lady, along with my hotel costs etc so saying it's too far, well if I was in NB I'd sure find a way to get to St Johns to see great ladies.

Second, remember the lady has expenses (flight, hotel, meals incidentials etc) to come to a city. If you book an encounter she is coming to the city based on committments made by gentlemen to see her.

And she isn't doing it to meet the man of her dreams, she is doing this to have an encounter with a paying client, because this is her livelihood. Sitting around in a hotel room without paying clients coming in isn't just making no money, she is in fact going in the hole. Her profit/loss statement from a business point of view is straight loss. Why should any lady operate at a loss?

Now life happens, to everyone...but it sounds like life happens all the time to the guys in Moncton. And this is based on what various ladies have said, it appears systemic not isolated. Now life has happened to me too. I had to cancell at the last minute due to illness an encounter I had planned with a great lady. My illness, and not an excuse, I was really sick, prevented me from travelling and having the encounter. Why should the lady be at a loss business wise because of me. It wasn't her fault I was sick. So I paid her in full for the encounter (I had the money already set aside for the encounter) via email money transfer. I wasn't out any money. That money was budgeted for the encounter. I cancelled the encounter, not the lady. She should be compensated so from a business point of view her trip, even though I was a no show for my alloted time, is a profit, not a loss. And I didn't consider paying the money a loss, I considered it the right thing to do

I assume guys when they schedule an encounter have budgeted the money for it. If you are a no show pay her. Your failure to show, no matter how valid a reason, shouldn't be at the lady's expense

Maybe if the ladies weren't out of pocket coming to certain cities, they'd come back. And perhaps the next time life happens to you, you will make sure the lady isn't at a business loss because of it, you will compensate her for your failure to show

BTW not directed at any specific person, but something guys might want to consider

RG

• Like 1

Another thing to consider is when there are "no shows" the sp isn't very happy....which may affect other client's who will be seeing her---I'm just stating a fact---if things are going "good" everyone will be happy....

Guest **urHo***ixx
It is wrong and inconsiderate, yet it is the truth...It sucks to hear it...I will say yes there are probably a couple great clients in Moncton, but unfortunately those few clients don't cover the expenses for a trip. While a lady can ask for a deposit, at the end of the day that 100$ really does not cover much and if you times that by a few people well you see where I am going here.

I encourage ladies to tour Saint John, in New Brunswick and I wont recommend any of the other cities in the province due to the drama, no-shows, games and time wasters. I gather as of late the games have not stopped. It is hard for me to encourage ladies to tour a city where I know that they wont make any money and will not be treated with respect. The same goes for other cities in other provinces, it is not just a bash Moncton thing.

Understand we run a business and if the business is not profitable we don't offer our sevices there. How many bad trips to a city do you expect a companion to make before she snaps....

And for the record, there are a great local ladies in NB - dont forget Carley Chase, Myself & Selina.

I feel bad that the nice people have to miss out on great ladies touring their city....

Sorry, I forgot about the other great local ladies from New Brunswick. If they don't visit my city they are so hard to remember...

Should Moncton only support Moncton SP's then?

If an SP is from New Brunswick, why not a one night tour a couple of times a year...start a list of clients from Moncton that don't no-show. When there's enough interest, get deposits and book a room. Maybe the client base isn't there now, but it could be...

I understand it's upsetting to be stood up and hard on the pocketbook. Just trying to solve this. There are ladies I'd really like to see someday, and by having SP's tell them never to tour here isn't helping things. Maybe my suggestions would help? I never have cancelled (though I came close once...) so tell them about clients like me, letsplay, steve and others who will show...

Additional Comments:

Well seeing as this thread is re-emerging again, I'll chime in again. First, if you really want to see great ladies then drive to the city they are in. If the city they are in is St. John drive (or take a bus etc) to see them. I'm all too familar with driving up to 3 1/2-4 hours to see a lady, along with my hotel costs etc so saying it's too far, well if I was in NB I'd sure find a way to get to St Johns to see great ladies.

Second, remember the lady has expenses (flight, hotel, meals incidentials etc) to come to a city. If you book an encounter she is coming to the city based on committments made by gentlemen to see her.

And she isn't doing it to meet the man of her dreams, she is doing this to have an encounter with a paying client, because this is her livelihood. Sitting around in a hotel room without paying clients coming in isn't just making no money, she is in fact going in the hole. Her profit/loss statement from a business point of view is straight loss. Why should any lady operate at a loss?

Now life happens, to everyone...but it sounds like life happens all the time to the guys in Moncton. And this is based on what various ladies have said, it appears systemic not isolated. Now life has happened to me too. I had to cancell at the last minute due to illness an encounter I had planned with a great lady. My illness, and not an excuse, I was really sick, prevented me from travelling and having the encounter. Why should the lady be at a loss business wise because of me. It wasn't her fault I was sick. So I paid her in full for the encounter (I had the money already set aside for the encounter) via email money transfer. I wasn't out any money. That money was budgeted for the encounter. I cancelled the encounter, not the lady. She should be compensated so from a business point of view her trip, even though I was a no show for my alloted time, is a profit, not a loss. And I didn't consider paying the money a loss, I considered it the right thing to do

I assume guys when they schedule an encounter have budgeted the money for it. If you are a no show pay her. Your failure to show, no matter how valid a reason, shouldn't be at the lady's expense

Maybe if the ladies weren't out of pocket coming to certain cities, they'd come back. And perhaps the next time life happens to you, you will make sure the lady isn't at a business loss because of it, you will compensate her for your failure to show

BTW not directed at any specific person, but something guys might want to consider

RG

I respect all you've said, RoamingGuy. However...telling other SP's never to come here doesn't make things better, just sayin'. I'm just looking for solutions, too. And it's hard enough trying to explain to your spouse where the money went that you're really allocating for a visiting SP, much less an overnight trip to another city for no apparent reason. I understand the logic for visiting SP's from Quebec or Ontario, but from NB? Coincide a trip once or twice a year with a major event here they would enjoy regardless like a music concert, a car or bike show (and we have them almost weekly) and book one extra night here. By taking deposits for the second night, and advertising it as "Moncton - One Night Only!" if they only get 3 or 4 deposits it paid for the entire event and trip at least that they planned on seeing anyway...maybe we can think outside the box?

This is very sad to hear that things have not changed in NB. Im a touring Sp that is planning my next tour out east in the very near future. I nornally drive on all my tours as I love to site see etc where I am. I enjoy what the locals say are places to go,things to see..etc. I have never stopped in Nb due to the other informed threads...I would have hoped the gents there would have taken heed and wised up!

For the ladys, Im truely sorry to hear that your coments have fallen on deaf ears!

For the gents...Dont complain about what your not getting, if your not willing to put in the effort to change it!

I guess traveling threw Nb will be by the guide book instead of human contact, :frown:

Just a question to the other lovely touring Sp, is Fredricton the same...or is this just a big problem in Moncton.

Just my thoughts,

To answer your question, Fredericton is lovely! I am sure if you came here for a visit you would have a wonderful time. If you do decide to come to Fredericton, please feel free to get in touch. I would love to go grab dinner ;) xox

Also I visit Moncton on occasion and it has gone well. I am only a hour and half away so it is not a significant amount of traveling for me. I just visit the city for 1 night and it seems to work out good! That way the expenses are not to high. You only need to pay for a hotel for 1 night that way! Early check in and late check out. :) For ladies who tour frequently I totally understand that, that is not the way they do things. Their expenses are much more and begin in a city for 1 day doesn't make much sense. So I can see were things would get very frustrating.

Additional Comments:

I respect all you've said, RoamingGuy. However...telling other SP's never to come here doesn't make things better, just sayin'. I'm just looking for solutions, too. And it's hard enough trying to explain to your spouse where the money went that you're really allocating for a visiting SP, much less an overnight trip to another city for no apparent reason. I understand the logic for visiting SP's from Quebec or Ontario, but from NB? Coincide a trip once or twice a year with a major event here they would enjoy regardless like a music concert, a car or bike show (and we have them almost weekly) and book one extra night here. By taking deposits for the second night, and advertising it as "Moncton - One Night Only!" if they only get 3 or 4 deposits it paid for the entire event and trip at least that they planned on seeing anyway...maybe we can think outside the box?

Where did I tell other SP's to never come to Moncton. Actually I made a suggestion since you were looking for solutions, based on personal experience. When I cancelled on a touring lady due to illness, I didn't leave her high and dry, she received the full donation via email money transfer. Maybe if a guy is going to cancel an encounter in on a lady in Moncton, think of compensating her so her trip isn't done at a loss. Remember, the ladies are the ones dealing with the no shows and the related expenses it incurs for them. Numerous posts and threads from different ladies have attested to this,(this thread and http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49878) this isn't a isolated case, this seems systemic to Moncton. What needs to be done is make Moncton an attractive city for the ladies to tour too. In other words make it a place where the ladies will make a profit, not end up in the hole and the trip costs them. The systemic no shows make it a non-profitable city. You might want to re-read what I wrote

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

I don't want to keep bashing Moncton I was raised there, my friends are there, and I have many memories associated with that city. All I can say is I hope that the scene gets better. To all you guys in Moncton keeping the touring ladies coming back and to the ladies that make the effort to keep coming back my sincere thanks.

• Like 2

Guest jrose

Being closer to Moncton than Halifax has been a bit of a bother - several times I will see ads posted and contact the SP to see if she plans to stop by Moncton - with no luck of course.

I was lucky enough to be in Saint John and be able to connect with someone touring there. Halifax, being about 2 hours away, tends not to work for spur of the moment since after a long work day 4 hours drive round trip is a little much.

Perhaps things will turn around - after all I have seen a couple different locals, and have PM'ed with me saying that they would come to moncton to meet on an appointment (many thanks you know who you are :) ).

Sadly I did not read this post and had multiple requests to visit Moncton,then I finally did a few weeks back,and was one of the worst trips ever. I had three no shows,two cancel within thirty minutes from our arranged engagement. So with that said I will not be visiting Moncton anytime in the near future,and actually felt like it was something I perhaps said/did to have such a bad turn out,now reading this thread I know it was not me but more likely the timing and city.

• Like 2

Sadly I did not read this post and had multiple requests to visit Moncton,then I finally did a few weeks back,and was one of the worst trips ever. I had three no shows,two cancel within thirty minutes from our arranged engagement. So with that said I will not be visiting Moncton anytime in the near future,and actually felt like it was something I perhaps said/did to have such a bad turn out,now reading this thread I know it was not me but more likely the timing and city.

That sucks Amelia. And especially after some Moncton guys have gone to the trouble of posting very recently how unfair it is for them to not see touring ladies in Moncton because they are great clients, and they are getting lumped in with the rest...or words to that effect

You guys just had another chance, and again, you blew it. And you wonder why Moncton is not on a lady's touring list.

How many chances do you guys need. What is it about Moncton that the guys don't keep appointments?

My morning ramble before I head off to work

RG

• Like 1