Stolen Text

Guest W***ledi*Time

I was reading a particular provider's website recently, and found I was thinking to myself: "This lady is very articulate. Her personality shines. She's someone I'd like to meet". But reading a little further through her website's introductory section, I started having strong pangs of deja-vu. Her words and thoughts were becoming ... very ... familiar ...

Waaait a minute!, I say to myself. Aren't they ... (insert pause while I do brief research) ... yes they are! What I've been reading, and what has caught my interest, are actually several paragraphs of the exact same thoughts of another very well known and established provider - with just a few words changed here and there.

Oops, it turns out the only thing I can learn about the lady behind the website is that she recognizes good writing and knows how to copy and paste. And that she's dishonest.

Stealing someone else's creative work that was crafted by the sweat of their brow is shameful.

Stealing someone else's personality is bait-and-switch.

And the whole thing's a violation of copyright law.

For the very few providers who feel they've got to present themselves as something they're not: you're not doing yourself, your potential clients, or the integrity of this business any favours.

Stealing someone's creative work that was crafted by the sweat of their brow is shameful. Stealing someone's personality is bait-and-switch.

Agreed. Perhaps you should forward the specific details on to Cowboy Kenny for his blog. This isn't much different than fake or stolen photos, IMHO.

http://www.cowboysdiary.info/

• Like 6

Agreed. Perhaps you should forward the specific details on to Cowboy Kenny for his blog. This isn't much different than fake or stolen photos, IMHO.

I completely agree, it's the exact same, because your words and photos are what you are using to attract your clients, and one being fake is just as bad as the other.

I've had it happen a few times on this very site, where a tag line I'll use in my ads and shoutbox posts starts being used by another girl. It's infuriating, because then I can't use it anymore, and because I wrote it. Not the other girl. It's theft, and it effects the other girls business too, because the one who's words are stolen doesn't want people to think *she* stole the words, so she'll likely stop using them.

• Like 8

I HAAAAAATE it when that happens....but it sure is nice to know that men recognize this-and that they can come to the conclusion that it is a bait & switch tactic-basically trying to pass off another lady's personality as their own-I have had one of my pics stolen before, and I can honestly say..having a lazy bee steal my text-made me more angry than someone stealing one of my pics.

When you take the time to create something , which can sometimes take a long time BTW, then some individual decides to slide out of bed-scroll the ads and do a little copying and pasting :vatefaire: Like-how useless is that????????

I think it's a tell tale sign on how serious a woman is about her business

:ThankYou:

• Like 1

This is an outrage!,

I dont know why sisters feel they ned to do this, disceetful, stealing form each other!

We are to look out for each other.!!!!

I have never understood the B&S thing, which I feel you are doing when you descibe another lady in your ads. Thats not YOU !!

I believe these ads and such are so well written and articulete, hell they could put haliquin out of business tomorrow!

Do we now need to copywrite everything, meaning legally!! Thats not right!!

You should be called out,IMHO...what else are you lying about to ALL!

I believe the gentleman and your SISTERS (expecially the one U stole from deserve an answer).

This type of business moduale wont get you anywhere, I for one have lost respect!

On another note,

Please be yourself and write about who U are!! I feel comfortable in my own skin and like ME. So I dont need to be someone else!

• Like 2

Guest t**d**teur

I also find this plagiarism reflective of low esteem and two-faced individuals. There are so many resources (friends, acquaintances and websites) available that it is totally unwarranted.

Yes, we might end up saying some similar things to each other at times, and expressing similar sentiments here and there. But there's no possible excuse for having whole paragraphs copied -- word for word -- from another provider's site or ads.

I put A LOT of work into my website, and even turned down some well-intentioned offers by a writer friend to help me with it. Everything in there comes from me and who I am. While I feel it is far from perfect, I am still very proud of my content. I can't imagine how angry it would make me to see my words copy-and-pasted somewhere else. I, like a poster above mentioned, would be more upset by my words being stolen than my pictures. Many of we ladies actually value our minds and personalities over our appearance. When you try to steal our personality for your advertising, you offend us very deeply. I am sure that some women simply make errors by not realising how important this is to other providers. But after being told once, that should set it straight.

I've seen ads and sites written by girls who obviously don't have the best handle on writing. But they are STILL able to portray their own personalities well enough that I think they sound like wonderful, enticing companions. You do not have to be a brilliant writer to write your content. But you do have to be honest to show your personality.

The bait and switch makes no sense to me. How do you expect to maintain regular clients when you are not at all what they were expecting when they booked you? I just don't get it.

Edited by Gia Wren Marlowe
typo
  • Like 5

What amazes me is that the thief has disabled cut and copy functionality on their site to prevent THEFT!!!!!

The bait and switch makes no sense to me. How do you expect to maintain regular clients when you are not at all what they were expecting when they booked you? I just don't get it.

I would like to believe that you don't maintain regular clients, once they meet you they realize you are not the person you represented yourself to be.

If that's not the case then, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

What sets each girl apart is her individuality. I could imagine it being good for business if we were all the same and made out of a factory. It is sad that this girl does not feel confident in herself to take the time to put herself out there. It is no different that bait and switch. I do not know the reasons the girls do this but it sure seems like these people are not confident in their selves. It's really to bad and sad to hear.

B&S,

Dont understand it!

Why would you want to have to live up to what you have wrote ,IF thats not you...seems draining to me.

As far as building a cliential from this behavior, I cant see it working, how long can up keep this up!

Gentleman WILL figure this out and you will not have repeat visitors!

JUST be YOU!

Wow, what a great community! That said and before we go too far with condemnation sometimes someone else does something for a lady including messing with her web site.

While it is true that if they were to put some pictures there that weren't her, she would surely know right away but if they wrote (or stole) some text for her without her knowledge of where they got it, well, I always try to at least look for a reasonable explanation.

I have written (not stolen) material for ladies on request and even done some editing for ladies I've never met of original material that they wrote, to make it clearer, cleaner, a little whit (I have very little) and reflective of what a client needs to know from the client perspective.

Perhaps that is what has happened here and someone she trusted to help her couldn't be trusted or perhaps it is outright theft and should be so strongly condemned.

I would encourage the lady to come forward and either admit to it or explain otherwise and certainly take down the stolen text before this gets any worse.

It is clear to me that the only way this is going away is if the 'alleged' thief makes it go away.

To the 'alleged' thief: Your silence will confirm your guilt.

• Like 1

Wow, what a great community! That said and before we go too far with condemnation sometimes someone else does something for a lady including messing with her web site.

I can assure you that this is not the case, the thief has done this before on this very site, she denies no wrong doing and claims to be harassed by the original author. WTF ?

I can assure you that this is not the case, the thief has done this before on this very site, she denies no wrong doing and claims to be harassed by the original author. WTF ?

Thanks so much for the clarification, Cowboy!

Then she deserves what she gets and I am off to "buy you a beer" :) and I would encourage anyone else that can find it in their heart to buy Cowboy Kenny a beer also to thank him with real meaning for the great work he does for us.

Just visit his diary at:

to find out how to do this.

Thanks so much for the clarification, Cowboy!

Then she deserves what she gets and I am off to "buy you a beer" :) and I would encourage anyone else that can find it in their heart to buy Cowboy Kenny a beer also to thank him with real meaning for the great work he does for us.

Just visit his diary at:

to find out how to do this.

For a more interesting read I suggest the following:

http://www.cowboysdiary.info/wordpre...stolentext.gif

It's no secret that the original's author's site has been around for a few years now, whereas this new lady has only been around for a few months.

If she thinks she will be victorious in her attempts to persuade us otherwise, then she is only fooling herself! Talk about denial!

• Like 3

Gabriella,

I'm so sorry this has happened, and the offending party should, in my view, be ousted from the board. Reading the two sets of text side by side (thanks Cowboy) it is very clear that your words have been stolen. The transparent attempt to hide it by changing a few words here and there doesn't succeed. Although it does rob the original of it's elegance and the sparkle that we know to be the one and only Gabriella!

Porthos

• Like 1

Very sad indeed! I am shocked at this level of disrespect and stupidity! Like someone would not notice this?

I too have had one of my favorite ads, somewhat copied in theme and tittle. But my version much better!! LMAO.... Perhaps I shall repost it...hehehehe.

The 'thief' that you mention here, I wrote an ad similar in STYLE to the OP. I had no idea in January that she had ad an in another province from a year prior, that used the same style.

That style was using the 'centering' alignment. I changed my ad to reflect her concerns.

Since that time, I have seen Countless ads using the 'centering' alignment, I wonder if they go through the same grief I do?

I do respect the information on your diary, I find it is an amazing site with lots of info on there with regards false ads and pictures that are not of the girl in the ad.

My ads contain my pics, and my thought. Those that come to see me, they find exactly who they replied to.

As for the phrase , 'done this before on this very site'? I ran an ad in January 2012,without looking at every other ad that had ever been written on here, so my using a layout that someone else might use,the chances of that happening on here are quite high!I also rectified that situation immediately, so as not to cause any grief.

None of us sp's have the right to say that you cannot use a certain layout in our ads, we only have available to use what the site permits on the task bar.

I can't tell sp xx that she cant do an ad in a way the sp yy hAS as its too similar in layout!QUOTE=Cowboy kenny;341890]I can assure you that this is not the case, the thief has done this before on this very site, she denies no wrong doing and claims to be harassed by the original author. WTF ?

I HAAAAAATE it when that happens....but it sure is nice to know that men recognize this-and that they can come to the conclusion that it is a bait & switch tactic-basically trying to pass off another lady's personality as their own.

:ThankYou:

Vanessa the men DO notice especially the men of CERB I had the same issue last year a girls new websites "about me" or whatever she called it was word for word from my ad. And if it was not for the MEN of CERB I would have never noticed.

Thanx to Cowboy, Wrinkled in time, and all the others for always looking out for us!

This issue here is content not layout, not pics. While yes there are only so many words in the english language, to describe the wonderful things a companion can do for a man, they don't all have to be used EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, WORD for WORD to convey the same message. This is where creativity comes in, how to use those very same words to describe one's self and not someone else.

I think it's best to leave this thread as is at this point and let the people and good members of this board decide for themselves.

• Like 4

The 'thief' that you mention here, I wrote an ad similar in STYLE to the OP. I had no idea in January that she had ad an in another province from a year prior, that used the same style.

That style was using the 'centering' alignment. I changed my ad to reflect her concerns.

Since that time, I have seen Countless ads using the 'centering' alignment, I wonder if they go through the same grief I do?

I do respect the information on your diary, I find it is an amazing site with lots of info on there with regards false ads and pictures that are not of the girl in the ad.

My ads contain my pics, and my thought. Those that come to see me, they find exactly who they replied to.

As for the phrase , 'done this before on this very site'? I ran an ad in January 2012,without looking at every other ad that had ever been written on here, so my using a layout that someone else might use,the chances of that happening on here are quite high!I also rectified that situation immediately, so as not to cause any grief.

None of us sp's have the right to say that you cannot use a certain layout in our ads, we only have available to use what the site permits on the task bar.

I can't tell sp xx that she cant do an ad in a way the sp yy hAS as its too similar in layout!QUOTE=Cowboy kenny;341890]I can assure you that this is not the case, the thief has done this before on this very site, she denies no wrong doing and claims to be harassed by the original author. WTF ?

It's not the same "style" - it's the same "words" that were copied. Entire paragraphs, with sentences that flowed almost identically, with small editing changes to a few words here and there, basically the same ad. Is this a coincidence. Coincidence. Impossible.

When there are two people in an elevator and someone farts, everyone knows who did it and whether the person who did denies it, doesn't change the facts.

And the facts speak for themselves. End of Story. Period.

• Like 7

It's funny, the clients I do see are regulars, they do come back!

I also have one timers, as they are trying to find fit for them.

Not every sp is going to suit one man's taste, therefore YMMV, but clients that have talked to me, been with me, say that my ads and site reflect who I am, that is why I they come back, and also to find out what else I can provide for them, as each time I am with them something new gets discovered, not the same old boring stuff that SO's provide

I represent myself at all times, that is what people experience with me, I conduct myself the same way outside of this business

I would like to believe that you don't maintain regular clients, once they meet you they realize you are not the person you represented yourself to be.

If that's not the case then, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Guest S**a*Q

I had the same thing happen to me when I first helped someone out. She even stole my name, kinda...

All of a sudden there was a "SaraThatNight" and a "*****(Insert other preposition here) Night". Her website was cut and pasted from mine as well. When I confronted her about it, she said "All websites are the same"... I gave up the fight cause she wasn't worth the trouble...

Besides...

Sorry lady, there's no one like me. :D