So I have a question for ye gentlemen of more hobby experience: I don't usually go to strip clubs with people, since I prefer to get my perv on all alone. Yet whenever I go to a strip clubs the dancers rarely approach me, I buy my drink and just sit there and dancers approach all the other guys in the club but not me. In the rare instances that they do its always a direct " do you want a dance" rather than " hi my name is...". Usually I refuse those offers, and I am not complaining about the lack of approach since I don't really like lap dances (all dressed up with no where to go) and I don't mind the lack of chit chat since I am not a social person by nature. However I was just curious is it rude if I come in buy drinks and just watch the floor show? Does the management care? Do the girls perceive me as creepy?

I tend to do the same thing (come in alone) but I find it produces the exact opposite result. The girls see me alone and its like a huge target on my back. I dont think the mgmt cares as long as you pay cover and dribk, they make no money on lapdances.

I don't think it's rude, I've done that myself and no one's said anything, although I do have more of theoldguy's problem.

I do feel guilty sometimes if it's busy and I feel like I'm hogging a table, mind you, though that's just me.

I'll let dancers and other patrons comment on the politeness of what you do. But my recommendation for getting your perv on privately is visit a lovely MA. The one I met gave me an amazing lap dance, followed with an amazing body rub massage. It was much more reasonable price wise as opposed to what I've heard the champagne room dances cost. (Just if you weren't aware :) )

I tend to do the same thing (come in alone) but I find it produces the exact opposite result. The girls see me alone and its like a huge target on my back. I dont think the mgmt cares as long as you pay cover and dribk, they make no money on lapdances.

This has been my experience as well, I'd rather they didn't approach me and let me approach them but hey they're there to make money and would be foolish not to try and hustle up some business.

As has been stated as long as you're spending a little money I don't think anyone really cares.

Guest **n****er

I have done the strip club crawl and a few occasions and sometimes I've had not 1 dancer approach me. Not 1. And I always go alone. Recently I was told I looked like a "gangster"...even though I where dress clothes...sigh.

Anyways, it might have something to do with the way you "look". Apparently I look scary.

Sometimes it might be the way you look. Other times it may just be your demeanor - if you look friendly and open to chit chat or if you look like you just want to be left alone to enjoy your beer and the floor show.

I have had many times when I wondered why no dancers approached me. I wondered what was wrong. Other times it is one lady after another approaching me. Who knows why, really? I find that sometimes the ladies are working hard to make some money (maybe it's time to pay the rent) and other times they just seem to want to take it easy.

But it's always fun! :)

Recently I was told I looked like a "gangster"...even though I where dress clothes...sigh.

They may have a point. Kids today, eh?

132802740450.jpg

• Like 2

I have done the strip club crawl and a few occasions and sometimes I've had not 1 dancer approach me. Not 1. And I always go alone. Recently I was told I looked like a "gangster"...even though I where dress clothes...sigh.

Anyways, it might have something to do with the way you "look". Apparently I look scary.

...Or it might be that you look sinister, lol!

But you are right, it is difficult to understand what determines the ladies' decision to come and chat/ask on any given day, it never is the same...

toine

However I was just curious is it rude if I come in buy drinks and just watch the floor show? Does the management care? Do the girls perceive me as creepy?

What one person finds rude, another might not, do you think it's rude? If you are notorious for mostly watching the floor show and not getting a dance, the ladies do remember you and will stop asking and assume if you did want one you'd eventually ask. I don't think you would be perceived as creepy, it takes a lot of something creepy to get that name, but girls do talk and if you are the man that doesn't get dances and just watch, they would know and most likely point you out to the new girls too. But.. what does that matter anyways? It's for your entertainment and if it makes you happy to watch, that's what they are there for, management is getting business from the drinks and or food you are purchasing. Enjoy!

If you are notorious for mostly watching the floor show and not getting a dance, the ladies do remember you and will stop asking and assume if you did want one you'd eventually ask.

That's true. They also notice if you tend to always get dances only from your favourite lady. Then the others will only say hello and keep moving.

heys

life is not fair, and it's bussiness. the dancer makes more money doing other things than a floor show. the quicker she works the table the better. then their is human nature she goes for the one she likes the most or she attracted too

yes it is rude but no its not

go

• Like 1

Back in the day when contact dances were in legal limbo (in the 80's), 3 or 4 times I brought whole clubs in Montreal to a halt because they thought I was an undercover cop!!! After I explicitly asked a few girls for a dance, they loosened up. I guess that is a bye-gone era... but it was rather spooky being reacted to as if I were giving off neutron rays.

• Like 1

I don't think it's rude, I've done that myself and no one's said anything, although I do have more of theoldguy's problem.

I do feel guilty sometimes if it's busy and I feel like I'm hogging a table, mind you, though that's just me.

That's why I like going during slow days, because there is less rucus and because while hanging out and not buying dances might not be rude actively sabotaging the dancers by hogging a table on a busy day is just malicious.

This has been my experience as well, I'd rather they didn't approach me and let me approach them but hey they're there to make money and would be foolish not to try and hustle up some business.

As has been stated as long as you're spending a little money I don't think anyone really cares.

Right, but there is a certain fantasy element in the strip club visit for me at least, a dancer who just walks up to me and says "wanna dance" is not playing to it just being all direct which is boring.

I'm tall and muscular and rarely smile, yeah it could be that I look scary to some although in fairness the bouncers are usually my size or bigger at most places.

Sometimes it might be the way you look. Other times it may just be your demeanor - if you look friendly and open to chit chat or if you look like you just want to be left alone to enjoy your beer and the floor show.

I have had many times when I wondered why no dancers approached me. I wondered what was wrong. Other times it is one lady after another approaching me. Who knows why, really? I find that sometimes the ladies are working hard to make some money (maybe it's time to pay the rent) and other times they just seem to want to take it easy.

But it's always fun! :)

Your probably right I usually have a shhh I'm watching a movie look on my face.

What one person finds rude, another might not, do you think it's rude? If you are notorious for mostly watching the floor show and not getting a dance, the ladies do remember you and will stop asking and assume if you did want one you'd eventually ask. I don't think you would be perceived as creepy, it takes a lot of something creepy to get that name, but girls do talk and if you are the man that doesn't get dances and just watch, they would know and most likely point you out to the new girls too. But.. what does that matter anyways? It's for your entertainment and if it makes you happy to watch, that's what they are there for, management is getting business from the drinks and or food you are purchasing. Enjoy!

I usually hit the same places this is true, but I do get a dance on occasion, and maybe I just have poor memory but the day shift at most strip clubs is a lot more varied than the night shift.

Back in the day when contact dances were in legal limbo (in the 80's), 3 or 4 times I brought whole clubs in Montreal to a halt because they thought I was an undercover cop!!! After I explicitly asked a few girls for a dance, they loosened up. I guess that is a bye-gone era... but it was rather spooky being reacted to as if I were giving off neutron rays.

People do sometimes assume I'm a cop, the buzz cut and the constant cell phone checking probably do not help

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry I bunched them all up but i have a moderated account and an individual reply to each response might have given the mod a seizure. :icon_wink:

So I have a question for ye gentlemen of more hobby experience: I don't usually go to strip clubs with people, since I prefer to get my perv on all alone. Yet whenever I go to a strip clubs the dancers rarely approach me, I buy my drink and just sit there and dancers approach all the other guys in the club but not me. In the rare instances that they do its always a direct " do you want a dance" rather than " hi my name is...". Usually I refuse those offers, and I am not complaining about the lack of approach since I don't really like lap dances (all dressed up with no where to go) and I don't mind the lack of chit chat since I am not a social person by nature. However I was just curious is it rude if I come in buy drinks and just watch the floor show? Does the management care? Do the girls perceive me as creepy?

The club owners probably make more from your drinking. As all strip club prices for drinks are over charged.

The club owners probably make more from your drinking. As all strip club prices for drinks are over charged.

And watered down :(

I'm sure management doesn't mind if you're buying drinks, but the ladies make their money from lap dances and even though I'm sure they appreciate a drink, in the end it doesn't pay the rent so to speak.

• Like 1

Since you say you're not a social person, then it looks like the lack of attention should be heaven for you. :icon_mrgreen:

As others have said, management doesn't care if you go for lap dances or not, they only make money on your drinks and cover charges.

Now, if you're actually asking why you're not getting any attention, then that's a bit more complicated. I noticed that when I used to come in alone that I got little notice too. But when I started coming in in a group more often, I was getting more attention. Also if you sit in that section of the club near the stage, that's known as "pervert's row", those are the areas where guys sit if they don't want a lap dance, and just want to watch the free stage show. So if you're really trying to get more attention then get more social and come in with friends, and avoid looking like a pervert.

Since you say you're not a social person, then it looks like the lack of attention should be heaven for you. :icon_mrgreen:

It is. Its a dancers prerogative to approach me or not, and I dont mind that they don't but it does annoy me to high heaven when a dancer walks up to a guy sitting next to me and spends 30 minutes "playing the game" with him before asking him if he would like to go for a dance but that same dancer strolls over to my table and just asks me if I want a dance right away, not even a hello or how are you. Like I said I'm not a social person as a matter of fact one of the primary reasons I go to strip clubs is because no one I know is likely to be there and I can drink in peace, and I rarely get a lap dance, but this kind of behaviour annoys me.

So if you're really trying to get more attention then get more social and come in with friends, and avoid looking like a pervert.

Nope, as a matter of fact whenever a girl approaches me I feel bad and try to as politely as possible cut straight to the no so she doesn't waste too much time on me.

As others have said, management doesn't care if you go for lap dances or not, they only make money on your drinks and cover charges.

Now, if you're actually asking why you're not getting any attention, then that's a bit more complicated. I noticed that when I used to come in alone that I got little notice too. But when I started coming in in a group more often, I was getting more attention. Also if you sit in that section of the club near the stage, that's known as "pervert's row", those are the areas where guys sit if they don't want a lap dance, and just want to watch the free stage show. So if you're really trying to get more attention then get more social and come in with friends, and avoid looking like a pervert.

I hate being approached, at one club called taboo the dancers i were not attracted kept coming up to me and the ladies i wanted to talk to i couldn't get their attention. i like to ask the ladies though.

Well, I decided to put my 2 cents into this conversation. As for the original question of whether it is rude to just go in for a show and booze. No, it isn't as that is pretty much the basic service of the club. If you don't buy drinks, then you would probably get turfed, but the bosses don't mind if you just drink as you may get tempted to go for a dance if you drink enough. As for the dancers, the private dances is where they make most of their money. The house takes a cut from the fees, but it is mainly how they make money. Unlike out west where they have games on stage where you try to hit a poster from between her legs with a loonie or twonie, this is one of the only ways they make money is the lap dances (and the occasional $20 in the teeth on stage). So the more dances they get, the better their night is so if you have the "I'm not going for a dance" vibe, then they probably won't bother you as they need to make money, and if you know you aren't, then it is kinda rude to keep her with you and talking to you if you aren't going to pay any money as the longer she is sitting at your table, the less money she can earn. In the end it is a balancing act, you should try to appear more approachable, but if you aren't going to be going in the back for some happy fun time, then let them know early that you are not going back there but you would still love the company. This way, it is her option to stay and keep you company (better chances during the slow periods during the day) or move on and talk to someone else, but at least she knows the score and won't complain that you wasted a half hour and didn't even get a dance out of it. Hope that helps you guys.

Having been in each camp at some point in my life, I think I know what the difference might be. When I was shy, I used to avoid eye contact with the dancers, I used to look down a lot, I might have even had a sad look on my face (although I can't confirm that, it seemed to disappear when I got to a mirror :icon_lol:). These days, I seem to exude friendliness, I glance at dancers, I tend to give out stealthy smiles, and because of this dancers come over to me now. They come over ask politely to sit down, and start a conversation. I usually have a lot of stories to carry on a conversation too.

As they say, like dogs can smell fear, dancers can smell anti-social behaviour.