I'm so so so sorry to hear that you are still going through this. Cancer has defined the past year of my life as my mother is currently battling it. This I am glad to hear that you are so determined to fight. I believe that this is half the battle. Fight it with everything you have and believe it can work. The human body is a miraculous thing. It has an amazing ability to heal itself but the brain is in charge. Stay positive my friend.

• Like 1

Hello my Darling,

As you know my thoughts and prayers are always with you and your positive spirit and all the positive vibes and love from all your fellow Cerbies are fighting this fight right by your side, may be not physically but we are all there in spirit.

You're doing everything right and knowing and believing that your going to kick the big C's ass is what you need to stay focused on. You have a huge force here not behind you but beside you and it's time for the "big C" to take a flipping leap because you're bigger, better and stronger than it. Never back down or give in or up, you're too good for that.

Time to kick some "C" ass!

All my Love and Support,

Lexy

• Like 1

There is only one way to live this life, and it is with bravery and humour,

and you sir, are setting the bar high. I admire you and I hope I possess

your bravery and humour when the time comes for the fight of my life.

Indeed, bring on the beast for it will be slain! ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdc-braveheart.jpg

• Like 1

So yes they will "do" my shoulder (wish it was the sexy ladies of Cerb "doing" something else to me) on Tuesday.

Pre-op went fine, got another tour of this "laser-knife" gadget, very cool, although they did not take my suggestion that it would be perfect for de-boning chicken.

Pick up the new, high tech black sling today, does that mean I get to growl like a pirate.....no wait, that's an eye patch, damn, always wanted to fit that into a conversation.

Later folks!!!

• Like 1

Good luck with the operation, I hope everything goes the smoothest possible. Sending you warm wishes, and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts all day Tuesday! xo

• Like 1

fingers crossed that everything goes well. Definitely you'll be our hearts and thoughts.

Porthos

• Like 1

thx for the kind words and support

sorry for all lower case, keyboarding...hunt and peck with one hand

doc took out about one inch of bone,2 inches of muscle and scraped the tendons and ligaments

believe they got the "hot"spot, fingers crossed

in sling for six weeks, then physiotherapy

??more chemo??

coming off pain meds, damn!

lots of ice, no single malt until off the heavy duty meds

take care!

theliquor

• Like 6

As Always Babe Thinking about you!! Try your best to stay comfortable, and listen to the Dr's!!

Your the best for keeping us all posted.....

Kisses here until in person next,

TXXX

• Like 1

Your last words above were typed "take care" I think you, sir, should take care.

As I said earlier, keep fighting the good fight, and I wish you a quick recovery and much less pain going forward.

In a couple of weeks you will be pouring that single malt. ;)

• Like 1

Well, as many know, I had a bout with cancer last year, surgery and drugs were thought to have taken care of that.

NOT!!

The Liquor!

So very sorry to hear about your struggle. May I suggest you get in touch with a doctor by the name of Dr. Nahas at the Seekers Centre on Merivale Road.

He is an MD who practices integrative medicine and uses many alternative treatments for cancer and other ailments. For example, Intervenous Vitamin C therapy etc.

You cannot trust mainstream to cure you as you have already experienced. Drugs and surgery are bandaids - you need healing from the inside out. Give your body what it needs and stay positive and anything is possible.

Good luck & all the best,

Jasmin

thx again all for yr kind thoughts, it really helps to read yr comments and they keep me smiling!

the fog in my head is lifting, so guess that means some of the heavy duty drugs are leaving my system (however most folks say i am in a perpetual state of fog!)

lab results to come back this week. toes crossed for some good news

so, slowly but surely the bone, muscle, ligament and tendon are healing, physiotherapy to start on the 25th.

maybe start driving again this week!

thank you again, from the one-armed paperhanger

tl

thanx

lol, i will wait until the weekend to have my beloved single malt

drinking lots of lemon water to help flush out the remains of that pain patch, so should be good to savour the peat on my tongue soon!

tried chewing on some malt like mr. ed, but just not same!!!!!!

although will probably take the rest ohe week to figure out how to remove the label and open the bottle with one hand!!!

Hello my dear, glad to see that your on the mend.

What type of Scotch are you going to be sampleing once your able to get the top off? I enjoyed a glass of Bowmore 12 year old last week with a friend and it was probably the best scotch I've ever tasted :)