"A new girl ,for Halifax...New - 27" ad

Hello, all.

There is an on BP entitled "A new girl ,for Halifax...NEW. - 27" and the user calls herself Daisy.

The photos pass Tineye. They appear plausible and realistic. Her email reply seemed sensible. Before I TOFTT I thought I should check with CERB readers just in case. Has anyone meet with Daisy?

Thanks.

Hey there I'm sorry I can't be of any help with regard to daisy but I'm wondering if you could tell me what you mean by " her photos pass tineye. Is that some kind of photo search tool you can use to see if pics are fake or stolen?

Hey there I'm sorry I can't be of any help with regard to daisy but I'm wondering if you could tell me what you mean by " her photos pass tineye. Is that some kind of photo search tool you can use to see if pics are fake or stolen?

LMGTFY...

Have a great day!

toine

• Like 1

Yes, it does just image searching. It is very useful, you can put in the URL to an image and it will seee if the image matches the database. It obviously cannot hold all the images in the world, but it claims to have indexed a huge number. The matching is based on the photo itself, not a description or meta-data or somesuch.

Just because an image is not identified by Tineye does not mean it is real, but it is a good idea to use the service because when it does find other copies of the image it can give you enough info to know something is up.

No news yet.

Was a bit concerned when I finally noticed she runs another ad with a different name on the same site. However it did not try to hide the fact too much -pictures that show a face, same phone number, so it had some openness to it. the second ad was for "Dash Rainbow".

Received one email response, implied phoning was better. Took 3 calls before I got ahold of her, no problem, not everyone can talk all the time or have their phone on their person all the time. After talking to her on the phone, she seems alright. No bad vibes, does not sound she was trying to hide anything.

So I am going ahead to try and book a time. It turns out she did not have much availability when I called. We agreed to try and get together soon. Will report back to the team if we do.

I exchanged some Texts with her on Saturday and questioned as to why she had multiple listings on the site... she said she just figured more postings, more chance of getting noticed.. she didn't deny it at all...

Wasn't able to connect, by the time she got back to me I had a few in me and wasn't going anywhere - nor would I really want to experience her without all my faculties...

if anyone does TOFTT please fill us in :)

The only red flag that goes up for me gentlemen would be why is she advertising under different names on different sites? I know starting out as an SP I wanted to get MY name out there not a buncha different ones. SO that when a recco did (and they do come in for me hehe) come in that there would be no confusion on who they were about..

Thats my two cents

That's a sensible point, Aubrey, but it might just be inexperience. If an SP is only thinking about getting more clients, rather than about getting repeat clients, it might simply not have occurred to her.

Any SP on CERB will be well aware of the importance of reputation. An SP who is using a paper or virtual equivalent of classified ads is likely still just thinking "well, let's see whether THIS wording attracts more inquiries".

• Like 1

That's a sensible point, Aubrey, but it might just be inexperience. If an SP is only thinking about getting more clients, rather than about getting repeat clients, it might simply not have occurred to her.

Any SP on CERB will be well aware of the importance of reputation. An SP who is using a paper or virtual equivalent of classified ads is likely still just thinking "well, let's see whether THIS wording attracts more inquiries".

Good point!

So I saw Daisy/Rainbow.

The different names were on the same website, and they openly showed the same phone number and seemed like she was not trying to hide anything. So I called again and after speaking to her she seemed perfectly fine, so I gave her a try.

The location seems like a safe neighbourhood, but it is crowded, felt like many people were watching me. Surely that was my paranoia.

Daisy is legitimate, i.e. not a scam, not a robber in waiting, not a serial killer, etc. She is a service provider.

A recommendation would be difficult to write because I want to be positive and am worried I will be misunderstood. She was nice and friendly and all that, but there are some things guys should know. Not negative, just you should know and depending on your preferences these may or may not be bad or good for you. So to be fair you should know these things, and I am positive on her, but just be saying these things publicly it could be misconstrued as being negative.

So no problem with her, nice lady, but PM for details so you know everything.

I told her about CERB. She seemed very interested.

I think too much is made of the multiple names issue. It certainly is possible that an SP could be using multiple identities for some nefarious reason, but there are also many valid reasons:

- Safety - Trying to avoid/escape a stalker or bad client

- Rebranding - Some very highly respected SP's on here have transparently and publically announced new names as they've matured, not to hide anything, but just to refresh their image.

- Clarity - An SP starts out and calls herself 'Jane' only to find there is another Jane out there, then she's either being confused with a bad rep or stepping on the toes of the other competitor, neither of which is desirable; also helpful if they want to expand into other markets where the could be several Janes

- Privacy - I've known more than one SP whos job accidental spilled into their personal life. Killing off the persona their friends and family had become aware of was the only way to keep working.

- New leaf - Like any new job, new SP's likely make mistakes when they start out. Provided the lessons are learned I don't the the harm in wiping the slate clean.

The inexperience point is a good one as well. Many men are fickle. They can be very attracted to the hot new SP, but when she is not 'new' any more they'll try the next new lady. That can put pressure on an inexperienced SP who is trying to pay the bills. Not a great excuse, but a logical explanation that I've heard before.

• Like 2

Sorry, I thought I had mentioned it, but I only meant to.

I explicitly asked her about the two name thing and she says she thinks it drums up more business. Consistency and branding and all that would seem a better strategy to me, but I have no evidence to support that.

And thats a perfectly legit reason. I hope you dont think any of my responses were meant to discredit this lady, I was only giving possible options so Im sorry if i gave the wrong impression

Frankly I think if she's legit then she can use as many names as she'd like if she think it brings her more business...I have had a few clients see her,so I am under the impression she is a great companion..

• Like 1

The only red flag that goes up for me gentlemen would be why is she advertising under different names on different sites? I know starting out as an SP I wanted to get MY name out there not a buncha different ones. SO that when a recco did (and they do come in for me hehe) come in that there would be no confusion on who they were about..

Thats my two cents

I've always wondered why some hobbyists do this as well. EXample here they may be MR. Bill on another site MR. X and when they email you MR. C. I find this curious and confusing.

I'd say for most of us, it's a matter of availability. There are many users who create accounts for 1-2 days and never use them again. This makes common names hard to come by. I snagged Phantom here years ago. I've never been able to use it on other sites since it's usually already taken. So I create new ones. I like Phantom though, so I'm not going to get rid of it so that I have one ID for all sites. Besides I like having a thousand user ids and passwords to keep track of. Keeps the mind active.

I've always wondered why some hobbyists do this as well. EXample here they may be MR. Bill on another site MR. X and when they email you MR. C. I find this curious and confusing.

I completely agree Cristy. I understand that everyone has their reasons, but an issue with men doing this has become a real problematic situation for me recently

A man had used me for a reference for a reputable lady on cerb who requires references from fellow SPs on CERB. I had not originally met him on this site but on another one (didnt even know he was on here) and when she had requested info regarding the username he had provided I had no idea who he was and told her just that.

Turns out I had seen this fellow several times but under a different name from the other site, and he missed out on seeing the lady when she was on a tour here because of this issue.

I understand everyone has their reasons to use different alias's but life is much easier when we use the same one lol

• Like 1

I completely agree Cristy. I understand that everyone has their reasons, but an issue with men doing this has become a real problematic situation for me recently

A man had used me for a reference for a reputable lady on cerb who requires references from fellow SPs on CERB. I had not originally met him on this site but on another one (didnt even know he was on here) and when she had requested info regarding the username he had provided I had no idea who he was and told her just that.

Turns out I had seen this fellow several times but under a different name from the other site, and he missed out on seeing the lady when she was on a tour here because of this issue.

I understand everyone has their reasons to use different alias's but life is much easier when we use the same one lol[/qu

Aubrey doll do not take this personally at all,I do not mean to aim this at you but your last poster lol... If he/she wants to be lets say A today on cerb and B on ECanada tomorrow then thats there way of advertising im assuming.Everyone has different agendas and maybe he(dude in question) did not want to be known on cerb? I met a guy lat night that had this same issue..He wanted to see an Sp that we all recognise(she posts all the time around Canada very often) and he is an elite on cerb,yet she had asked him for 2 references and he had not seen a lady in several months,so comfortably she declined the date( I too would) but then he gave her legit references and she still declined,claming more info needed,so I think some people that say there so and so on one site and different on another is just apart of there business stratogey(as long as there not being deceptive then who really cares...

Luv reading your posts Aubrey,do not take this as an aim at you at all lol...

Aubrey doll do not take this personally at all,I do not mean to aim this at you but your last poster lol... If he/she wants to be lets say A today on cerb and B on ECanada tomorrow then thats there way of advertising im assuming.Everyone has different agendas and maybe he(dude in question) did not want to be known on cerb? I met a guy lat night that had this same issue..He wanted to see an Sp that we all recognise(she posts all the time around Canada very often) and he is an elite on cerb,yet she had asked him for 2 references and he had not seen a lady in several months,so comfortably she declined the date( I too would) but then he gave her legit references and she still declined,claming more info needed,so I think some people that say there so and so on one site and different on another is just apart of there business stratogey(as long as there not being deceptive then who really cares...

Luv reading your posts Aubrey,do not take this as an aim at you at all lol...

In the part of your post that I highlighted I would not see him either! This particular member comes across as quite deceptive what with multiple handles and not so accurate references! It seems to me that this portion goes to the point that others are making which is why the hell would someone do this? Acts like these reek of underhanded dishonesty and in my opinion should be condemned to the nth degree!

On another note you might consider being a bit more vague with members, SP's and locations. It isn't too hard to figure out some of the names involved what with you current location and a quick view of the advertisements section, etc.

• Like 1

I can give you one reason because I've done it. I tried to use the same name on another site as I did here but it was used, so I just picked another name.

I didn't think to try and make it similar because I gave no thought about connecting the 2 sites, perhaps naive or stupid on my part by I didn't do it to be malicious or to try and hide.