What is for supper tonight?

We finally did Poor Man's Prime Rib: eye of round roast. Preheat oven to 500°. Put roast in and reduce temp to 475° for 7 minutes per pound. Shut oven off and leave roast inside for another 2-1/2 hours. Result is a perfectly cooked and tender beef roast.

Guest T*rb***k

Easter dinner was awesome tonight...feel like I'm going to explode.

I am fortunate to be so lucky to have my friends, family and food tonight :)

Spiral sliced glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, cauliflower/green bean medley and for dessert... well for dessert one my guests, the famous Mister T, created a chocolate/peanut butter/banana cake with icing and.... (drum roll) candied bacon sprinkles!!! AWESOME!

Venison tenderloin and some beers for appetizers. Leg of lamb w/mint jelly,green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed taters w/turkey gravy, turkey, corn, homemade sourdough bread. Homemade banana cream pie and raspberry cream pie. chocolate milk

Didn't do the ham thing.. not a big fan.. Went to the Keg instead and had a nice medium rare steak with a loaded baked potato and vegetables. Going on a walk tomorrow will be nice. Have to maintain those 8 lbs I just lost. :)

So Far a bag of dill pickle Doritos lol But I brought food to stock my mini fridge with a tossed salad, leftover mashed potatoes, chicken, ham, grapes and cheese. :) I'll have lots of things to choose from when the time comes :)

Frankfurters Paprika

take 4 tomatoes, cut each one into wedges, 1 green pepper chopped, 1 spanish onion chopped up, and a pack of hotdogs chopped into pieces.

sauté them in butter.

add two tablespoons paprika, mix in.

then add a 1 cup beef bouillon.

reduce heat to low.

cook wide noodles. when noodles done, serve up, spoon the frankfurter mixture over the noodles

RG

Half a Steak and Bacon sub sandwich, left over cole slaw and a small garden salad with Thousand Island dressing. Followed by a decadent chocolate brownie covered in rich creamy vanilla ice cream. It was time to consume left-overs.

I'll probably grab something more later, but I just ate a peanut butter and salad sandwich, and it was pretty damned good! We've been doing that thing of keeping salad in mason jars in the fridge to greatly enhance how long it will stay good. It works! I'd go for another sandwich, but I'm outta bread.

• Like 1

Guest paq****5

Well it is left over ham and scalloped potatoes! Little Easter cake with ice cream,

Little bit ham left maybe will make quiche

Ham, turkey, and beef club sand. on rye bread with extra mayo and a dab of mustard, and curly fries at the Fairgrounds Inn. 1 Sam Adams. On way home had a soft serve root beer ice cream cone. yummy

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I'm doing up a nice country ham, baked potato, asparagus and spinach which will be washed down with some chilled Pinot Grigio. Desert? Lemon marange pie!!

Additional Comments:

I love left over lasagne, chilli, etc. as it seems to taste even better after a day or two in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

Leftovers from above!

Chicken Fajitas and Broccoli Salad (recipe from a Newfoundland family member) and dessert was Lemon Tarts. Washed it down with a Mojito (a Cerb Gent introduced me to them for the first time last Summer):icon_wink: Yummy in my Tummy!!

Hawaiian pizza meets the quesadilla.

Still had a couple of slices of ham left over so...

Tortilla topped with squeeze bottle primo pizza sauce. Add chopped ham, onion and pineapple then finish with Monterey Jack cheese and a couple of dashes of hot sauce. Put another tortilla ontop and bake until cheese is ooey gooey good!