What is for supper tonight?

Unfortunately today I had to cook... Not nmy Forte! Lol my hands were made for other purposes... Easy quick dinner

Tortellini with Pesto...

A simple n yummy fave in my kitchen; Pan seared sockeye salmon, steamed asparagus and baby spinach sauteed in fresh garlic & EVOO. :)

• Like 1

Ahh supper! Tonight was a grill night. Flame kissed Andolini sausage on bakery fresh hot dog buns garnished with sautéed onions and green peppers and hot mustard. Desert was warm home baked apple crumble with vanilla bean ice cream on top. Yummo!

Grilled poblano chilies stuffed with chorizo, rice and shrimp. Split and deseed the chilies, stuff with filling and throw them on the grill. Top with cheese at the end for melty goodness.

It's fairly similar to this recipe except that we add some chopped shrimp and we use an arborio rice to give the filling a creamy, risotto like texture. So good.

20120304-195691-chorizo-stuffed-poblanos.jpg

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

Eric, that sounds incredible! I was going for a buttload of icecream in this heat but I might change my mind.

Eric, that sounds incredible! I was going for a buttload of icecream in this heat but I might change my mind.

Make extra filling and you can do multiple batches (it freezes well). Also, you can make mini ones with jalapenos to use for appetizers.

Since the weather has decided to cool things off a bit, I decided to make a cold weather favourite. I am making spaghetti and meat sauce, from scratch. I use veal and pork for the sauce, along with fresh Roma tomatoes, onion, celery, green peppers, mushrooms, tomato paste, garlic and my secret stash of Italian spices. Simmer for about four hours to let the tastes blend and serve over fresh pasta with a spinach salad on the side. Desert will be Bananas Foster. Yummo.

Guest Ot**w***og****n

Spinach salad, two baked potatoes on the bar-b-que and a bar-b-qued rib eye steak with a couple glasses of Beaujelais.

Guest D***el B***e

2 hot pussies and 2 side orders of breasts, one set white, the other tanned ... on white, toasted, no mayo, double pickle! rotflmao ...

Seriously 2 gainsburgers and a glass of water ... lol lol lol

no really now ... garden spinach salad, pasta w tomatoes, left over apple pie from mother's day, and a tall glass of milk.

Pineapple glazed ham with potatoe salad (I really dislike peeling potatoes raw or cooked) and lemon meringue pie.

All the supermarkets this week are advertising lobster, so picked one up today. Yum Yum

Not long back from a cruise so of course there are a few extra pounds. But I am aware I could have used to lose a few before I went. The Paleo diet looks like one I could imagine doing. So tonight it is a paleo friendly meat sauce (I decided to use ground lamb) over spaghetti squash with grated romano cheese (not too much of that though. I figure I can have one :( glass of red wine and a salad. So far I am down 5 lbs in a week.

Guest ***nno**n***

It was sushi night. I don't eat raw fish but there are so many options,

avocado and cucumber rolls with sesame seeds,

chicken and beef rolls and yam tempura.