Alcohol consumption on dates?

Wow this thread went not the way I was hoping at all lol...I ment one drink before my first date of the day(not necessarly in the morning)and only that one date..Yes its a nerv thing for me.(My own preferences)Usually a cooler or cocktail is what I have.(For example) It could be a sunny afternoon and im getting my nails done before a date and the salon offers a cocktail with your mani/pedi... Thats not wrong to have a drink I dont think..I would never impare my judgement in situations like this,as yes I have to be incontrol for many reasons... I rarely drink with clients but some have brought bottles of wine and more often then not I decline to have a glass with him. I have never been drunk in front of a client. Also like to add I understand clients do not want alcohol on anyones breath or smoke for that matter..

I just wanted to know if you indulge in a beer/glass of wine before your date but now I would like to take that question back haha..

My Dear Amelia,

I remember in the beginning, when we first met. You were so nerved up, and yes we did drink a few lol...but You have come along way in feeling more confident and comfortable with this. I even still get nerved up when meeting a new client, and it has been over 10 years for me in this! I always have an exciting rush of endorphins before an encounter, I think this actually makes me even strive harder to provide the best service I can!

Being my friend, I showed you the ropes a bit, you had learned what can happen if an SP is hammered while working, and I know that you know how to handle yourself with this now. You are a smart business women, street smart as well, and you will never put yourself or clients in harms way.

I would never want to be drunk for an encounter, but yes I will have my champagne before they arrive to loosen me up a bit. At times I have even gotten a pretty good buzz with my clients ( providing they have a way home) Most of these hosting style dates are looking for a social time with you, and want to have few drinks together, There is nothing wrong with this at all. If you are not abusing it.

If I had a lady working with me, and I seen that she needed to be drunk to work, then I would not accept her as my SP client at Miss Sophia V's! I would not want to represent a lady that did not like what she does. If she felt the need to cover her true feeling up with alcohol or any drugs, this would break my heart. If you truly do not enjoy this, you will end up in a cycle of self abuse:(

This is not directed at you Amelia, but for any SP out there that is going threw this. Years ago before I had fully accepted myself as an SP, I too had a problem with self loathing. But things changed, as I took control of my life and proudly can say..." I am an SP...and I am great at it!" I am proud of my chosen career and I am happy to be apart of a community that wants to change the way society views us!

You are alright hunni...no worries:)

• Like 1

I've seen you how many times now Amelia??? Never ONCE have I had any indication that you were drunk at all, or even had a single drink.

The first time we met I made you that drink with the blue passion-fruit liqueur too lol That was the first and ONLY time I could taste alcohol on your breath...and it was my fault for making you the drink!

• Like 1

I have had alot of sober dates lol..But I do enjoy a nice cold beverage before my date arrives to tame the nerves.. Is this not okay? Most my clients are okay with it however I wonder if this is the truth...

Ladies,gents your oponions??

Pleae dont make me feel horrible if none of you have a glass before your encounter...LOL.

A drink, A glass of wine is exceptable at any time. I have gifted many lady's and friends with a bottle or two of wine, (I make my own so I have lots) sometimes it is tasted and some times saved for later.

Amelia's statement above has nothing to do with showing up to a date "drunk' or "tipsy" OR using alcohol as a "crutch" to do you job, or to get through your day.

Having said that, .... and as is often said "What two or more people do during the "date" is between consenting adults and of no business to others."

Have a nice day All

Loki318

Edited by Loki318
for clarity
  • Like 2

I am going to touch on three areas of your post.

Firstly if Amelia or any other SP dislikes being an SP or wants a career change it would be best left her to do decide. Asking or offering such an opinion in a public manner, in my opinion, is not respectful in any shape or form.

Secondly she never once mentioned consuming enough drinks that she became or becomes intoxicated. I am sure she is aware of her safety and would or does not consume to the point of intoxication. We shouldn't assume or imply otherwise!

Yes serious repercussions can occur due to alcohol or a multitude of other factors but implying that unsafe could occur between this SP or any other and their client is in my opinion disrespectful!

We all know RG is a good guy and only wants the best for us, thats evident in his posts, so is the fact that he was speaking of extremes, no need to chatise him, I certainly know about making mistakes and not wording posts perhaps in the best way! and can attest to the hurtfulness of someone thinking you have ill wills when there are none! So cut him some slack, he wasn't trying to be hurtful, most of us are here to have fun, help oneanother, make suggestions, ect. With ONLY good intent. Some are just better at wording posts than others, no need to read anything malicious in a kind persons message.

• Like 4

We all know RG is a good guy and only wants the best for us, thats evident in his posts, so is the fact that he was speaking of extremes, no need to chatise him, I certainly know about making mistakes and not wording posts perhaps in the best way! and can attest to the hurtfulness of someone thinking you have ill wills when there are none! So cut him some slack, he wasn't trying to be hurtful, most of us are here to have fun, help oneanother, make suggestions, ect. With ONLY good intent. Some are just better at wording posts than others, no need to read anything malicious in a kind persons message.

Never said he wasn't a "good guy" and I wasn't chastising him only pointing out that his chosen words can (and are by me) be perceived as "hurtful or damaging" more to a ladies business and reputation than to my feelings. As you said we are here to have fun and "help one another and make suggestions" so I assume suggesting that ones words are inappropriate is acceptable, yes?

Long of the short he probably meant nothing BUT if those words were spoken by a new member that new member would be responded to quickly and decisively by the rest of the board. Words often can mean one thing but imply something different!

• Like 1

I'll have a glass or two of wine sometimes before a date;

loosens me up and gets the blood flowing, so obviously

I don't mind a lady having a drink or two prior. As I am

typically driving to and from a date, I never drink more.

Edited by oldblueeyes

Does someone want to tell me how to comment when you write something? Lol.

I read a few posts I would like to respond to but am not sure how to do it.. Your posts are awsome and I want to say thanks to all of you for your feedback as this thread was suppose to be positive and informative. Noone here is a drunk I am not going to take offence to anyones oponions but just to state the facts I am most definitly NOT an alcoholic and do not need liquor to have a good time with clients.

• Like 1

In the gray bar just above the post you want to comment on where it says "Reputation"; roll your mouse over that and click >>> the rest is easy

Loki318

I think it was an interesting topic, and allowed some people to express their thoughts and concerns. I didn't see anyone really doing more than fine tuning the discussion.

There isn't any polite way of bringing up the idea, which I am sure many thought, when they saw the OP indicating she needed a drink to relax before an appt. Someone was concerned that she might not be comfortable doing the work, if she feels a need to aid herself into relaxation lol.

These sorts of threads are good warnings, and good topics to bring up for new clients and new sps.

Personally I don't drink. I am someone who believes that sexual activity (and performance, and even making good choices) is NOT improved with any alcohol or other drugs. Alcohol is a depressant, and can interfere with male sexual performance. Plus, I am at "work' whether I am doing a FS or massage session. I wouldn't drink and drive, and don't think that my clients should be having a couple before they head over for a visit. I certainly am not going to entertain for a 30-60 minute appt and encourage them to have another before they hit the highway either.

On the 'at work' topic, no matter what sort of work we are doing, we aren't going to have a glass of wine before we start, not normally. Doing so in some sorts of jobs could get you fired lol. I think that if we want to be taken seriously as people managing and running a business, that we have to, at a certain point, reconsider the idea that this is an actual 'date', where we can relax and not be that concerned with the impression we are giving. For myself, my focus isn't on me being more relaxed, because I am at 'work', and my attention and focus is on what the client needs (within my own restrictions and services of course).

My philosophy of a sober workplace lol.

• Like 1

I can enjoy a wonderful wine or a nice drink with anyone at any time, but for me this question is fairly simple. I don't judge anyone, guest or SP, nor their reasons for having a sip prior to meeting someone........but I do judge myself and my behaviour.

When meeting someone, especially for the first time, I am not always aware of her attitude regarding alcohol consumption by me or by her! I would not want to arrive with any hint on my breath as it may be a turn-off or reason for alarm and possibly contribute to that famous YMMV experience. Would I be upset if I could detect alcohol on her breath though?? Absolutely not, again as long as it doesn't affect our time together and our ability to thoroughly enjoy each other's company.

Having said the above, if we've specifically communicated about beverage options, or if meeting someone whom I've had the pleasure of being with before and knowing what she might like, then it would be my pleasure to bring along a nice bottle of wine, a particular bottle that might be missing from her bar, or especially some fine single malt. :icon_wink:

When bringing such a gift, it is never my expectation that we share all or even some of the bottle. It is exactly what it is..........a gift.........and it is no longer my perogative to ask for or expect that the gift be shared with me. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be delighted to join in sampling what I've brought, but only if she wishes to serve it and enjoy sharing some or more with me.

So, to each as they see fit, just understand that as much as you may be judging someone else's alcohol consumption and act based on that, judge your own as well and realize that it may be a more significant factor in having the best experience possible.

Cheers to one and all!

On the 'at work' topic, no matter what sort of work we are doing, we aren't going to have a glass of wine before we start, not normally.

Well, no, most of us don't put vodka on our Cheerios in the morning. But now you mention it, it strikes me that SPs can't really indulge in the delights of a liquid lunch followed by an afternoon spent doing nothing constructive... ah, the joys of being self-employed!

Now that would be one hell of an evening!

Time for some serious time scheduling, with so many involved it will prove to be tough. I do now when the fun is right and the stakes high I can be very, very flexible! :icon_wink:

For my birthday I arranged a date with a lady and asked the agency if it was ok to bring wine. They said ok, and we had a little bottle of sparkling wine that made a wonderful date, just that little bit more special.

... and I'll be bringing wine to my next appointment.

By the way if I had any alcohol at my work place, I'd be in serious trouble, probably fired.

Edited by nntsci