maybe a newbie question on SP and client and a known risk

Apologies to those that may get offended - but an honest question..it may have been covered but I thought I would ask..

Most of the ladies on here are amazing people with very high level of professionalism and safety.. that being said.. there is always a risk of an STD or worst.. IMHO..especially with the SP that tour in and out of Ottawa..

Is there a unwritten rule to protect the client or at least inform him of a potential risk on certain services.. if the SP has an STD ..

what is the communication standard around this ?? .. if any ..

All my best.. stay happy and Healthy !!!

M..

A typical question that has been asked over and over and over and over. Rest assured; regardless of your intentions, offense will be taken. The CERB search option and google are your friends...

cat

• Like 1

there is always a risk of an STD or worst.. IMHO..especially with the SP that tour in and out of Ottawa.

I would be most interested in understanding the reasoning behind the above...

Woud you care to explain? Thank you :)

• Like 2

The only person responsible for your own sexual health is you and you alone.

And no matter what protection is used, they are risk reduction, not risk elimination. And any intimate activity between two or more people, whether in this lifestyle or not, carries with it some risk

The question, as Cat said, is offensive, even if not intended to be offensive

And the added offense, it strikes me from your post that you somehow think it's the ladies' responsibility when it comes to STD/STI's. Guess what, sex education 101, STD/STI's, it's everyone's responsibility

Look after your own sexual health, don't worry about looking after any one else's

RG

• Like 3

Is there an actual Health Section in the general area of cerb?

It might be helpful to have a sticky in the New To This section, or a separate health discussion section, maybe?

To the OP, if you don't understand, or self educate, or find out, about STDs and STD transmissions on your own, then you can safely assume that there are going to be sps out there who also do not.

In Canada this industry is not regulated by Workers Comp or Health/Safety departments, so there isn't any one way of knowing that sps who are working have gone thru any sort of STD training camp lol

So with that in mind, many many sps have taken it upon themselves to educate themselves about risks and transmissions. But it isn't their job to discuss them all with you. Keeping in mind, again, that some have researched it and some have not, so it might be that information you got from an sp on the topic may be misleading or misinformed anyway. Or you might misunderstand what she tells you, and wander off thinking she said X is OK, when she said the opposite.

The same with any information given to you outside of an expert, and with the experts, you need to go to STD clinic experts, not a family general practitioner.

Easy folks.. this is more of Im interested in knowsing.. no accusations..and ..Happy to clirify .. recent article in Calgary that the City warned hobbyist of risk with new Providers coming in for Stampede....and to be careful..Im just curious on if there is a system in place and or an understanding.. Im not accusing anyone of anything.. Ill use the following example :

In EU.. Providers are offered State protection and health check.. that go above an beyond standard "check ups"

this is it.. not more then that .. or taboo..Ill look to have the post deleted.. my intent is clarification .. I can almost assure you Im not alone in curiosity ..

and please .. no need to tell me saftey starts at home.. and then to nominate the post.. kinda of a give for anyone with a little bit of intelligence..

Additional Comments:

fortunateone

thank you and appriciate the the none aggresive response..

Easy folks.. this is more of Im interested in knowsing.. no accusations..and ..Happy to clirify .. recent article in Calgary that the City warned hobbyist of risk with new Providers coming in for Stampede....and to be careful..I

Of course they're going to say that. Fear mongering sells papers. And yes, it's always wise to be careful whether you're seeing an SP or someone in your personal life.

In my humble opinion, you are at higher risk of contracting something from someone you pick up in a bar than from a reputable SP. I say this because I have heard of more "civilian" acquaintances who have contracted STDs over the past few years because they neglected to practice safe sex than SPs I know who get tested on a regular basis.

My conclusions may not necessarily be scientific but they are true.

• Like 4

Have to agree with RG

There's really only one way to avoid a risk of contracting an STD, and that's to have a monogamous relationship. If you choose to step outside a committed relationship you have obviously made a decision to incur that risk, and it's up to you to keep it as low as you can.

Many times these infections spread because they may not necessarily be obvious in the initial stages, and I can't believe that any of the ladies here would knowing work if she became aware that an infection had occurred. It's really up to you to manage your own risk by being selective, and practicing safe sex.

Educate yourself, and then stick to well established ladies who are known for high standards of service and professionalism. It is important to always take precautions yourself, be informed of the risks, and only engage in activities for which you are comfortable with the risk level.

In terms of ladies, touring or local, you may find ny number of bait and switch scammers, etc., etc. check Cowboy Kenny's diary and stick with local and touring ladies of quality. No shortage of delightful and wonderful ladies to choose from. Then, have fun.

• Like 1

To the OP:

The communication standard is to look after our own health by not engaging in risky activities or risky individuals. You can reduce the risk by abstaining from bare services like BBBJ and PSE services (CIM, COB, Greek ......) and having protected FS, BJ, using latex condoms AND be picky on your SP of choice. If you wish to be ultra safe then abstain from kissing and Daty as well or use cover for daty too (not a choice I would make but again the choice is yours). All said, you can never eliminate the risk. Ultimately, what services one asks for or what activities one partakes is a personal choice and depends on the individual's risk tolerance level, mine happens to be very low and if yours is too, then you may find above standards useful in reducing the risks.

PS - I am no physician but I thought I share with you (tayhan) what I have read about risk reduction for whatever it's worth.

Edited by Capital Hunter