Things you've always wanted to try...

In the fall, I always start to think about new ways to change up my life, and recently I've been thinking a lot about things I've always wanted to do but never seem to get around to. I don't necessarily mean the bucket list/things you have to do before you die kind of things like skydiving or visiting India (some of mine!), but more so, pretty regular activities that just switch your week up a little.

So, this September I've signed up for ballroom dancing classes (mostly inspired by that dance teacher movie with Antonio Banderas :p), and have started learning to cook seafood dishes (I recently went back to fish after 14 years of being a vegetarian... turns out I love oysters!).

What are some of these "always wanted to do things" for you? Have you tried them? How did it go?

xo Audrey

Yoga. Every week it seems I tell myself "Go try a class, it's just down the street." I like yoga, I know I would enjoy the classes, and yet, I keep putting it off. I swear, this year, it's happening.

• Like 1

I took up running this spring/summer. So far it's been going really well, despite the fact that I've never, ever been a long-distance runner type.

I'd love to try pole dancing.

Yes, these big fingers could not do the violin, so I went and bought a 32 string stand up harp!

Love the sound, took lessons for two years, gave it up while training a service dog, and have just started back. Find the sound soothing after the chemo treatments.

I have Stairway to Heaven, My Girl and People Get Ready on my play list, plus some Christmas stuff.

Who knew the stuff that these fingers could do!!! Well other than......

• Like 1

I started running this spring too, and have found it both rewarding physically, socially and health wise for the most part. I say for the most part, since running is hard on the joints, but this is worth it.

I have run a 5 and 10K race, and don't think marathons are in my plans, but you neve know, maybe a 1/2 marathon.

I took up running this spring/summer. So far it's been going really well, despite the fact that I've never, ever been a long-distance runner type.

I'd love to try pole dancing.

Wow so Many good things :) Ballroom dancing would be so much fun! And the Harp is Such a pretty sounding instrument. I would defiantly Love to learn how to play an instrument. maybe the guitar.

Also in this area there are lots of cliffs and rocks to climb, and I Love it. But I've never used the proper gear or restraints. I would like to learn to so I can scale higher distances safely

Hmmmm

Running...yuk, did more than my fair share of running in the Army, hated it, but did it, so no. When I feel like running I'll lie down till the feeling goes away

Travel. Doesn't interest me now. Lived all over Ontario, and overseas (West Germany, plus traveled through Europe) so doesn't interest me now

If it wasn't for a medical condition, I'd like to try riding a motorcycle

And also, except for a medical condition, I'd like to get my pilot's licence

But perhaps when I retire, get a few (well more than a few) bucks together and go to the Amazon River for Peacock Bass fishing. Not so much for the travel, but for the fishing

Jeez I must sound boring LOL

RG

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Picking up where I left off in playing the old Sqawkbox!(Accordian)It was never a cool enough instrument so I packed it in after 8 years of lessons.

I've always wanted to try and relax more. Let me try to explain, I run a family business and people count on me to be there to solve problems but who do I see for my own problems?

I bought a motorcycle 18 years ago and that helped a lot but that was before I joined the family business( I was a firefighter). I was putting riding aside to be at work so that everything would run smoothly and it did.

Here is another example of this, just last week I cut the tip of my finger at work and was ordered by the doctor to take 8 weeks off, instead I went back at work sat at my desk even go in the shop still to do some work.

So I need to try and relax.

You know when your asked "so what do you do" by someone upon meeting. For once I'd love to be able to say proudly and honestly-I'm an sp and have no regrets, or worries of any consequences to admitting to this. Someday I'll try.

My second thing I'd like to try is maybe silly, but on the Ellen show sometimes she gets her guests to go up behind unsuspecting people and have them dance in a crazy/silly way, without them seeing, it's so funny, probably has to be seen to be appreciated. I'd love to have the nerve, maybe soon, maybe it'll be you! lol.

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 2

picking up pole dancing again...I really want to do it.

I am starting a 4 weeks intro class to aerial yoga with my friend in two weeks...can't wait!

pick up belly dancing again.

Travelling more...it's in the making! Visiting a good friend in Maryland in one month, most likely going with her to Cuba for Christmas...

going to Japan in April 2013 for 3 weeks, then one week in Australia

Learning Japanese, refresh my memories on Spanish

learning photography...one day!

Guest K***e D****ls

-get my motorcycle license

-fly fishing in Colorado

-become a really good snowboarder

-be able to extreme skidoo (that's a pipedream though- I'm too afraid of massive injuries. I love watching it though)

-a National Geographic travel expedition (they have them on the website. Some of these trips would be just incredible to be a part of)

You know when your asked "so what do you do" by someone upon meeting. For once I'd love to be able to say proudly and honestly-I'm an sp and have no regrets, or worries of any consequences to admitting to this. Someday I'll try.

My second thing I'd like to try is maybe silly, but on the Ellen show sometimes she gets her guests to go up behind unsuspecting people and have them dance in a crazy/silly way, behind the person without them seeing, it's so funny, probably has to be seen to be appreciated. I'd love to have the nerve, maybe soon, maybe it'll be you! lol.

And I would love to be able to say that I am a gentleman who partakes in this lifestyle, and I have met many wonderful ladies who have enriched my life. More so than any of the women I dated

But discretion being what it is, while I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of any the ladies I have seen or will see, for now, this stays a compartmentalized and private part of my life. Maybe one day this lifestyle will gain as much acceptance as computer dating has...I remember at one time computer dating had somewhat of a stigma too

RG

• Like 1

Randomly walk up to a Gorgeous woman and kiss her like she's never been kisses before.

Only in tv I suppose. Sigh.

That's at least a 50/50 chance of an assault charge! ;-)

I'd like to try shrooms someday, but later in life when death is close at hand.

Magic mushrooms can cause (good) long-term personality changes

How Psychedelic Drugs Can Help Patients Face Death