First World Problems

Stopping the movie mid-way through to make tasty, buttered popcorn. Not the fake nuker stuff, but real pan-popped popcorn with melted butter on top.

And then only being able to think about how it's very likely GMO corn.

Augh. Why is it so hard to just get real food??

While reading threads here, I mistakenly poured a shot of moonshine into a used coffee mug instead of my glass. Shrug........it's now a double with a hint of Tia Maria. Waste not- want not.

• Like 2

Sitting down to a wonderful spaghetti supper at a friend's place and realizing I forgot the parmesan cheese on the kitchen counter at home.

My home internet has been down for 10 days now. I've had to tether to my cell phone. No Netflix, no downloading TV shows.

My god! It's like I'm living in a cave. We're not savages here people!

After finishing washing the kitchen floor, open the cupboard and an opened package of pasta fall out and hits the floor messing everything up and now I have to sweep again.

Groan.

Ran out of shaving gel half way through my shower/shave this morning. No warning sputter either, just shave gel then no gel - no way no how! Had to finish the shave with half the normal shave gel layer. Hope it dosn't irritate my skin.

Couldn't find the charger for the i-phone, so had to put the sim card back into my old Nokia piece of shite phone temporarily.

Being completely unable to find something on the Interwebs. My google-fu is usually pretty good, but it's let me down this time. And I know it must be there somewhere, because if it isn't I'll have disproved Rule 34, and that's just unthinkable.

Guest C**Tra****er

My summer student had a exam today so I had to photocopy some paperwork myself!

What are your First World problems?

I'll start: I have a Canali sportcoat for which I don't have a Canali hanger. It's hanging, instead, on a Giorgio Armani Collezioni hanger. The salesman at Harry Rosen put it on the wrong hanger when he put the sportcoat in the garment bag to give to me!

OH. MAH. GAWD! :tresmauvaisehumeur:

first-world-problems-meme-generator-one-pillow-is-too-low-two-pillows-is-too-high-974608.jpg

They don't sell Montblanc pen refills in stores anymore. The only place I've managed to find them is online but I don't want to order any of those unless I can actually see and feel them in person first.

OH. MAH. GAWD. :tresmauvaisehumeur:

T&T Supermarket sold out of all their hot food items by 6 p.m. What am I supposed to eat for dinner? PRE-MADE SUSHI MAKI ROLLS THAT HAVE BEEN ON ICE SINCE 7 A.M.??

T&T Supermarket sold out of all their hot food items by 6 p.m. What am I supposed to eat for dinner? PRE-MADE SUSHI MAKI ROLLS THAT HAVE BEEN ON ICE SINCE 7 A.M.??

Edited by jay gatsby

Learning html5 editor because I have chosen to create my own website. Was getting pissy because 2 hours was too long of a time for me to learn it. I did learn in about an hour which explains why I'm up this late. I can't stop now! I'm on a roll with this long overdue site. lol.

Good for you Nicolette! And I understand, when I start this kind of thing, I want to finish it asap too... As for First World Problems, well, I do have some like anybody else but then I consider that they are not problems compared to the ones faced by people living in the Third World. Right? We are lucky.

• Like 1

Good for you Nicolette! And I understand, when I start this kind of thing, I want to finish it asap too... As for First World Problems, well, I do have some like anybody else but then I consider that they are not problems compared to the ones faced by people living in the Third World. Right? We are lucky.

LOL. Yes but I will pay for it later this morning, I'm sure... it will be a coffee morning and I don't even drink coffee! Yes, we are lucky to have what we have and I'm just being touchy after sitting in the same place, in the same position for 3 hours and haven't moved but I've been productive! Hehe.

This past Sunday, in my haste to get dressed to go out, I wore a tie that had BLACK in it with a shirt that had NAVY stripes! I was so embarrassed and flustered I couldn't even think straight for the rest of the day!

OH.

MAH.

GAWD!! :tresmauvaisehumeur:

I bought fine point tip pen refills one time when I should have bought medium point tip refills. It was so physically frustating writing with a fine point tip because it required more physical pressure.

OH. MAH. GAWD!! :tresmauvaisehumeur:

And still another time one of my shoe laces ripped apart as I was tying my shoes and I had to go through the entire day with a ripped shoe lace and the top two eyelets on my shoes untied.

Fate, how can you be so cruel??? :tresmauvaisehumeur:

_faint.jpg

One time I bought some delicious French pastries and cakes from a famed local bakery and went to a nearby scenic park to eat them. (Yes, all of them). It was upon plopping myself onto a park bench that I discovered I didn't have a fork or knife on me!

OH.

MAH.

GAWD. :tresmauvaisehumeur:

I had a small pocket knife, though, but I decided to eat them with my bare fingers.

So shameful. :(

I also discovered I didn't have any napkins with me, either, and so I had to use the receipt and bits of the cardboard box to wipe my face and fingers.

meme-fwp2-wallet.jpg

Edited by jay gatsby

Guest K***e D****ls

Great thread! hahaha Some personal first world issues I've 'struggled' (insert eyeroll) with:

-I've found myself many times in front of a closet stuffed full of nothing to wear

-Starbucks can't break a 100$ bill

-What do you mean my hot water will be turned off for 3 hours mid-day for plumbing maintenance?!

-Waiting 25 mins for a cab to take me 6 blocks (I wear sky-high Jimmy Choos- you need to understand my dire situation!)

-Hotel towels that simply aren't fluffy enough

-Delayed flights

-A massage that was a little too rough for my liking

-My new Loubies gave me a blister

-Canadian netflix isn't as good as American netflix!!!

-11am first call at the bar (sometimes an 8am first call suits my crisis better- mimosas with my omelette)

When you really write out little things you've huffed over, it is ridiculous and we are so lucky that these are some of our problems!

Edited by K***e D****ls