Travel destinations you'd like to visit

Some of the Caribbean islands are absolutely wonderful.

My favorite is Antigua, then St. Kitts, Martinique and Turks & Caicos.

Beautiful scenery, wonderful people, a true blessing when you want to just relax and be completely immersed in yourself, or with an amazing date ;)

What a wonderful thread designed to get me out of myself and have me set out on a dream journey to the land that fires my imagination...SPAIN.

Nowhere on earth seems to hold the strange fascination and attraction for me that sunny Iberian Peninsula does.

I want to fly to Paris take a super fast train to Madrid and spend endless days just investigating the city and all its Cultural and Art offerings a visit to the Prado Museum to soak in the works of Velazquez, Goya, Murillo, Ribera and others would be the ultimate in a visual experience for me and to follow that up with a visit south to the old capital of Toledo and El Greco this is a place I have dreamed about for a long time and an absolute must when the great day comes. I shall wait just a little longer, late summer if all goes well and nothing interferes in the meantime.

Thank you for reminding me of a pleasant journey awaiting me.

ngate

• Like 2

I agree re: Spain. I am reminded of it when I realized that the youngest sister of my oldest friend lives there, like all the time :)

Planning an October trip to Europe this fall, and expect the majority of my time will be in France. To that end I am struggling through the French Rosetta Stone course. Wish me luck.

I would love to see some natural world wonders

the great barrier reef and the Aurora would be top of my list for sure

With Winter slowly setting in I'm already dreaming of warmer weather. I would love to go to Turks and Caicos or Bali to get away from the cold and snow.

Australia and the Greek Islands(especially Santorini) are definitely on my bucket list :icon_smile:

Hey ;luckyme ...

Yoyo definitely have to git time Jasper Alberta truly amazing breath taking place (gods country) as they call it ...

• Like 1

Hey ;luckyme ...

Yoyo definitely have to git time Jasper Alberta truly amazing breath taking place (gods country) as they call it ...

Thanks, kassi. I am really looking forward to visiting Jasper in the near future .. especially with my lovely cerb lady! :biggrin:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB3uSg_ZmLFukERYRUh4k3SCAlUg0gOGesruz8WMwGXjUjWwxV0A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpIgMzdiHYHpwhzJ_bHgVbHd_2WwdJxmm2kfhJRBUrzVIM4NYe

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

Wulingyuan (Zhangjiajie) National Park, one of the most fantastic natural park in China, lies in the west of Hunan province. This marvelous natural phenomenon is more than 400 km² around and dominated by more than 3,000 narrow sandstone pillars and peaks, many over 200 m high. Between the peaks lie ravines and gorges with streams, pools and waterfalls, some 40 caves, and two large natural bridges. In addition to the striking beauty of the landscape, the region is also noted for the fact that it is home to a number of endangered plant and animal species. In 1992, the United Nations granted her the ''World Natural Heritage'' honor.

Wulingyuan (Zhangjiajie) National Park, one of the most fantastic natural park in China, lies in the west of Hunan province. This marvelous natural phenomenon is more than 400 km² around and dominated by more than 3,000 narrow sandstone pillars and peaks, many over 200 m high. Between the peaks lie ravines and gorges with streams, pools and waterfalls, some 40 caves, and two large natural bridges. In addition to the striking beauty of the landscape, the region is also noted for the fact that it is home to a number of endangered plant and animal species. In 1992, the United Nations granted her the ''World Natural Heritage'' honor.

This is one place I have heard of but never visited. The place looks so spectacular and surreal, now it is on my to-visit list. Thanks for your post.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNti_rcX3OLCmOkcGo6GNkXZ1pDESDC07X7Z0vB5uxrTPbvO0ynw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEanzc3rqE2tL59BapUxZsar4Tu1IvFf_YKhOl5vSlL1BIJjZRSA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8CmkGVjzW_FX2BzPsLof88pLYuUCBrDrVaCeSXdNwQyBS-nxD

My first European visit next October! Going to Italy and Paris for sure and undecided where else. I am lucky to have some Italian friends that will take me in and show the real Italian culture. Of course will visit the tourist spots too, but I am excited to visit a small village and take part in the kitchen!!

I cant believe I will finally see Paris, stand in front of a real Monet painting!

• Like 1

Thanks, kassi. I am really looking forward to visiting Jasper in the near future .. especially with my lovely cerb lady! :biggrin:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB3uSg_ZmLFukERYRUh4k3SCAlUg0gOGesruz8WMwGXjUjWwxV0A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpIgMzdiHYHpwhzJ_bHgVbHd_2WwdJxmm2kfhJRBUrzVIM4NYe

Forgot to update that we did take the trip this past winter. The visit to the breath-taking Columbia Icefield, the scenic drive on the Icefield Parkway, the encounter with wild animals like the Bighorns sheep/Rams on the Parkway, and the skiing at Marmot Basin, are spectacular and profoundly memorable. Next on the to-visit list will be Banff and Lake Louise - with my lovely Lyla lady, of course. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I have an uncontrollable desire to touch the Pyramids in Egypt.

egyptian-pyramids-hero-AB.jpeg

This place is on my bucket-list. Just wish that the political and economical situations would improve soon.

To have dinner at Grotta Palazzese in Southern Italy.

Restaurant by the water inside a limestone cave.. I mean COME ON!

Any takers?

restaurant-inside-a-cave-cavern-itlay-grotta-palazzese-10.jpg

restaurant-inside-a-cave-cavern-itlay-grotta-palazzese-8.jpg

restaurant-inside-a-cave-cavern-itlay-grotta-palazzese-2.jpg

:)

• Like 5

With the running of the Kentucky Derby today I have thought how nice it would be to have a getaway weekend taking this event in with a lovely Lyla Lady, a fun event to watch while getting all dressed plus all the extra fun.

• Like 1