Travel destinations you'd like to visit

In retirement I am doing a lot of travelling, and in the last three or four years I've circumnavigated the globe and visited a dozen countries. I think before I stop I'd like to make it fifty. I'm pretty fortunate because my son is employed by a major airline and I get some great deals. At present I'm planning for a couple of months in NZ and Australia starting in January.

I am leaving a trail of breadcrumbs with my Geocaching record, and I think it might be time to look into starting a personal travel blog, although my Facebook account keeps a pretty good record. I'm burning through the pages in my passport at a pretty steady clip.

Guest IPayForPink

Anywhere with Alanna Johnson...the location doesn't matter and she's awesome company.

Scotland..... The Isle of Sky......

And this one I want to do alone.... Find my Grandfather's home and kike the Highlands....

Already crossed Spain and Italy of my list....

And Then.... Thialand....

ROMANIAAAAHHHHHHHH!

SIZZLING BRUNETTES WITH SIZZLING ACCENTS WHO EAT CIGARETTES AND MEN FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm a sucker for punishment)

rrkwb7.jpg

3029uua.jpg

rqyfmb.jpg

3452dmv.jpg

4ub9me.jpg

196161_211734782173818_100000118922498_985450_2421355_n.jpg

399772_10150733609407646_157242867645_12162962_280602230_n.jpg

• Like 3

In Canada, Nova Scotia, and more specifically Halifax. It's a lovely city.

Internationally, there are a few places :

On the African continent: Morrocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Turkey.

Europe: Spain, Portugal (the city of Porto is wonderful, and of course the wine of the same name), Italy

Just about anywhere in the carrabean islands.

In Europe Rome and Venice. I'd really like to see Iceland. I'd also like to head south to Costa Rica (mainly for an eco-trip, but possibly for other reasons as well).

Canada - Banff National Park, Vancouver, The maritimes

World - Japan (spent 24 hrs overlay there... i would love to explore!), Greece, South American countries, Ibiza in Spain ...

I agree with you, oldblueeyes!

Here's another good reason to visit Romania. I posted her in the Babes thread a while back. She's a singer: I forget her name, but will check.

tumblr_m8ro0hMHWg1raz3jpo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

I would love to go to Ireland. but mostly I want to stand in the center of Stonehenge...

Is that weird? lol

Ireland's on my list too. Having done something of a whiskey tour of Scotland (Oban, Talisker and Dalwhinnie distilleries), I wouldn't mind sampling Ireland's wonderful creme ales and stouts.

Jade, I've been to Stonehedge. Impressive, but for years now they've had access blocked off, so you probably wouldn't get the chance to stand in the center of it I'm sorry to say.

A truly magnificent destination is Murren in Switzerland. The mountain vistas are spectacular. They surround you. Murren is a small town perched on a mountain ledge overlooking the town of Lauterbrunnen. (The Bond film On Her Majesty's Aecret Service was filmed there.). Even a virtual visit via Google Earth is worth experiencing. There are so many places to visit on this planet, so I seldom go to the same place twice. But Murren was an exception. And I'd go again in a heartbeat if I had the chance.

Having done something of a whiskey tour of Scotland (Oban, Talisker and Dalwhinnie distilleries)

That sounds lovely!

On my travel list...

Australia and New Zealand

Japan

and closer to home, BC.

Guest C**Tra****er

I'd like to finally go to New York. It's so close!

Europe is on my short list too, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands.

On my list:

Peru (Specifically, Machu Picchu)

Southeast Asia (will hit Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam)

Another trip to Australia, to spend time in Tasmania, and do the Overland Track. Likely visit New Zealand too, and scoot over to Fiji while there

Rather than backpack around, I'd love to actually spend a month or two just living in Barcelona/Madrid

All of these destinations will involve a lot of $$$ and time away, so they're a bit out of reach for while, so my next feasible travel destination will be Morocco in the spring, with a stop in Paris on the way

• Like 1

After spending 2 weeks in September in both England and in Prague, I can hardly wait to return to the Czech Republic. I also want to check out Vienna and Budapest when I return(this was my original travel plan). If I were to choose one word to describe Prague it would be magical, I would recommend it to anyone.

Barcelona, Santorini, and Buenus Aires are all on my bucket list.

Looking out the window right now with all this wind and rain...I wish I was on a warm beach anywhere with a margherita in my hand :cool:

• Like 1

I would love to visit the Isle of Skye. Only for historical family reasons. Other than that, any where warm and sunny with unlimited food and drinks lol.

I would love to visit the Isle of Skye. Only for historical family reasons. Other than that, any where warm and sunny with unlimited food and drinks lol.

If we're in that part of the world, I'd prefer Islay. No family reasons. Not interested in the food. Just the drinks :)