What was the last thing you purchased?

Black Friday (week-end?) ! I saved hundreds of dollars today!  On what deals? The deals i didn't take.  Because i didn't buy anything on black Friday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First breakfast out...bacon and eggs and bottomless cup of coffee.

Then to the grocery store to pick up my Christmas turkey...granted it's not really going to be turkey, I'm doing roast pork with sauerkraut...but I like roast pork with sauerkraut 😋 

A Food Oriented Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

Groceries consisting of the three most important things ...🍺 (non alcoholic) and for dinner tonight a steak 😋 Now home groceries put away I'm enjoying a coffee. Thought I'd start a thread Guys Enjoying A Hot Beverage with a selfie first 🤢 probably the reaction most would have and I'd be banned from Lyla with extreme prejudice, maybe a giggle or two too.

So decided a no thread post Rambling

RG

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, NotchJohnson said:

I don''t like to brag about going to expensive places but I just left the gas station !

Oh f*ck today me too yikes 😳...after leaving kinda felt like Michael Douglas (pictured here lol)...$100.00 for gas and truck isn't even filled...yet

Also got (some of) my meds...just my deductible insurance covered the rest. If I bought all scripts at once mega $$$

And groceries...but I should be set now till after Christmas 

A Broke Bent Over Rambling 😳

RG

the-kominsky-method-lg.jpg

• Haha 1

Went out for a drive this morning in part to top up the gas tank ($140 total in two days...think the pump's name was Dave pic explains better than me 😳) and picked up a scrunchie catnip toy(s) for Beatrix.

Beatrix is enjoying her new toys and me...well its hard to sit right now 😆 

A Emptied Wallet Rambling

RG

FEgsRLUXEAMZJsH.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 1

Nothing exciting...just January 2022 rent. 

But yes the cycle of bills beginning to repeat itself..2022 no different 😢 😆 😢 

A Once Full Wallet Emptying Rambling 

RG

• Like 2

And the hits...literally...keep coming. Just paid my insurance on my truck. All things considered it wasn't as bad as getting gas but still 😆 

And my wallet just keeps emptying more kinda rambling 

RG

• Like 2

A better spending day today 🙂

First breakfast out...small group today but a few of us got together

Then drove by the cheese factory and picked up, you guessed it cheese (10 year old cheddar, salsa cheese, and jalapeño and red chili cheese)...I see nachos, and homemade macaroni & cheese in my future. Unfortunately no curd out 😢 

Then drove to Belleville and bought crutches ( in preparation for my knee surgery) Good price too...Amazon price is $$$ plus shipping...store I bought them at...$49.00 Now just waiting for word on my surgery

Anyhow a Rambling

RG

• Like 2

Yesterday I went to that expensive place on the side of the road called the gas station and put in $139.00 in my pick up truck and got a bag of curds and a lottery ticket for last night draw.  I will check it out later on today and cross my fingers that 2022 will be a better year.

• Like 2

I bought an anemometer from eBay. My interest in weather will be amplified by seeing how strong the winds are during this time of climate change.

• Like 2

Went for a little drive...haven't driven the truck since last year ( oh please don't tell me you didn't see that coming 😆) and stopped by a gas station just to top up (no not costly)

Then a stop at a convenience store picked up a bag of chips for tonight 😋...options for a New Years Day treat limited with most stores closed

A Rambling

And Happy New Year Everyone

RG

• Like 2

Combination last thing purchased and highlights of the day. Went to the pharmacy to pick up one of my prescriptions. While at the pharmacy I asked if they did the vaccine. Was told yes but needed to book an appointment. I asked if I could book one now and come back on appointment day/date. Pharmacist said yes and went to book me. The Pharmacist doing the vaccines said if I don't mind waiting he'd do it in about ten minutes. I waited (less time than when I had appointments for 1st and 2nd needle) and got my booster today no appointment 🙂

Bonus...no side effects (I hope lol 🙄)

Now one person...she did have some side effects...🤣 (yes tongue in cheek)

A Rambling

RG

OilyVainEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2

Biggy.....

Rent

Rogers

Cogeco

Gas ️ 

Credit Cards

Groceries...super $$$ order 😆 😲 😆 but only because I'm stocking up food wise for post op when I'm confined to my apartment.

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

This morning went to the dealership for the annual maintenance. As I don't do much mileage, I simply asked to replace the engine oil and filter. Like normal, they recommended other services and I said "no".

After dropping the car, went across the street for a haircut. Walked back to the dealership 40 minutes later and the car was ready. The service adviser babbled about their observations and guided me to the cashier where I learned it would cost over $200. When asked why, was told they replaced the engine and transmission oil. I didn't scream , but firmly and loudly expressed how I NEVER asked or agreed with transmission maintenance. She talked to the adviser who quickly called it an "honest mistake". They ended up only charging for the engine oil. But the damage was done.

This was not "honest" and  even less than a "mistake". And the fact they didn't sent me the survey was evidence they got caught red handed. The paperwork is nonsensical and from what I could observe, the engine oil and filter were done. The rest will likely remain a mystery. The fact I didn't pay extra, doesn't make it right. For each person who fight those BS charges, too many will just pay thinking they "needed it".

A lot of dealerships and some independent workshops will intimidate customers with manufacturers recommendations. Recommendations are NOT requirements or obligations. And those will change depending on how a vehicle is used and the environment it operates in. Unless you drive in a very wet environment, you shouldn't need annual drivetrain oil changes.

I will never step foot there again.

Sorry for the rant.

While seeing the Surgeon yesterday I stopped at the Pharmacy and picked up one of my prescriptions.  Almost $26.00...just for that one, every month  glad I kept my Health Plan after retirement lord knows what it'd cost regular.

Oh and $10 flat rate hospital parking

But I can 🚶‍♂️ now 🙂

RG

• Like 3

The last items I purchased yesterday, March 17, 2022 were 2 EpiPens, candles, a bottle of my favorite wine and a steak and cheese sub, 4 cookies and got 2 for free so 6 cookies from Subway and 3 taxi fares. Now I'm heading off to the grocery store, pharmacy and UPS to pick up my lingerie delivery I ordered!!😁🔥

Edited by Lexy Grace
  • Like 4

Today it was breakfast out so I bought...breakfast 🥓  🍳 ️ 

Then stopped at the grocery store picked up a few odds and ends...not a major shopping just a couple things. Must say it was nice to walk in the store not needing a cane or having to use a cart as a walker 

A Rambling

RG

• Like 2

Expensive Day...But Good Day

Paid a few bills specifically Rent, Cogeco, Rogers, Visa, Mastercard 

Then bought gas ️...BTW filling up a truck from almost empty $160.00 😵💫

And breakfast out today so I bought my breakfast 🥓 🍳

After breakfast went to the cheese factory to get 🧀 😋 🧀 

Then got groceries including of course coffee and no alcohol beer

A Drained Wallet Rambling 

RG

• Like 2

The company that I work for just got me a new cell phone that can read the text and emails to me and will also compose from my voice both of them too.  I can adjust the brightness of the pictures so that they don't hurt my eyes as much.  I just need to get used to it because it seems much more complicated to my previous phone.

• Like 2