What's the longest you went without internet?

I just went 5 days with no internet. I didn't think it would be such a pain!!!!

I think that question might not be silly a couple of years ago but these days it is pretty much like access to a telephone. In recent years certainly several weeks when in a part of the world where it just wan't easily available.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Union Gas cut a trunk line in my hood this summer it was three days to get my service back. It was along three days. Good thing I have a BlackBerry!

A whole weekend...Friday when I got home from work until Monday when I got home from work

Had Bell for phone/internet/dish, bill paid under a bundle. I came home Friday night, internet dead, phone dead, but dish, it worked fine. Well Bell screwed up the billing. I paid the bill, but they put all the payment on the dish, nothing else. So my phone and internet disconnected by Bell because they didn't put any of my payments towards the phone/internet, just the dish

Left Bell shortly thereafter

RG

I don't remember being away from the Internet ever since I had it installed, so the longest might be in '98, during the ice storm.

40 years! I was given my first access in 1986. It was an academic account and very hard to get. No one except administrators had access from their home. 1200 baud was considered fast.

Compared to today's Web browser and high-speed access it was primitive and difficult to use. We had to learn several important unix commands. Everything was done at the command prompt which was >.

There were programs like telnet, pine, trn and other things that are all pretty much replaced by the Web today. Even this forum is a modern adaptation of usenet.

However in the context of the original query I would say I have not been without net access involuntarily for more than a day or two at the most.

30 some years from the day I was born until I got my first computer and got connected!

Seriously I'm like Sophia, a bit more then a week while on holiday and that was tough at first but to enjoy your holiday you must disconnect from the rest of the world or more like what goes on at home.

• Like 1

7 days...all was fine and well till I finally got online to check work email. I had nightmares that something bad happened while I was away

Funny about work emails. There was (well still is) bs going on at work. They forgot I have a pile of leave...about a year (less now LOL) I booked leave from beginning of August till mid October. Come back to work. Over 700 emails. Did I worry about them? Nope, just highlighted all of them and hit delete...boy did it feel good

RG

I'm assuming that the question doesn't include the time before the Internet was invented? :)

Three months, during which World War Three could have taken place (it won't take long, with modern weaponry) and I wouldn't have noticed. Only communication with the outside world was by letter (remember them) which took a couple of weeks to get in/out.

It was awesome. I'd absolutely do it again. Being completely disconnected is a great relief.

Without Owning internet I've gone like a year. But I was lucky to have been living downtown to piggyback on the Moncton City WiFi :)

Now living without internet at all (cell, comp ext) Bell went down for like a week NB wide bout 6 months back, I thought I was gonna die lol

I think it was for about a week. I had problems with my routing and it took that long to fix. I didn't realize how much I rely on having the internet now days. Even just to pop on to check out small things.