What has evoked memories of christmas are the smells, a turkey cooking, the brisk cold air, and of course evergreen bows and a REAL christmas tree. Are you an artificial tree fan or a real tree fan?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

As I am so busy during Christmas I am putting up a 6 inch artificial tree and a door knocker thats it.(Never @ home @ Christmas)

Edited by N***he**Ont**y

Real all the way. We usually go out and cut our own, then home for hot chocolate and mulled cider.

• Like 1

Pre cat I preferred artificial, easy to put up, easy to put away, no mess, most important, safe fire wise.

But cats take a liking (as in climbing) to trees and to the ornaments, so no Christmas tree whatsoever now.

RG

• Like 1

I totally thought this thread would be about something else ;)

Real tree, 100%. I like the ritual of going out and cutting one down, I like the smell, and my cats do love it :)

• Like 1

Real for sure.

A great family tradition to go get the tree and most often we cut our own. I get to put on the lights and then the kids carefully place each ornament after discussing where it came from and when and then carefully place them in just that perfect spot. Hot rum for me, rum and egg nog for them and it is an all day affair. :)

• Like 2

Always real if I'm at home over the holidays. Sadly, the artificial comes out if I'm away.

BTW, since I will be away this year, I am thinking that if I go artificial I might as well go all the way. That is, something silver or red or whatever because the fake ones aways look fake to some extent and certainly don't smell right. Embrace the fake!

• Like 1

Both.

I have a few fake trees that I'll be putting up in other parts of the house this year. They're funky non-traditional looking trees.

The real tree (now that I have space for one,) will be going in my living room.

I love visiting homes with real trees. Like everyone says, the smell is special. I like a fake tree at my home. A lot less hassle and cleanup. I guess laziness wins over sentimentality at our house.

I always put up a fake tree which is really tall and big because of the cathedral ceiling and it would be too big to bring a real one in my house.

I'm always worried about fire hazard with a real tree. Beside I live in the country and have thousands of the real ones outside and the ones in front of my house are decorated with lights.

• Like 1

I'm the Grinch.

I don't really celebrate Christmas, haven't in the past 3 years, nor will I this year either...I don't see the point of putting up a tree when I live alone and play World of Warcraft and get drunk.

But when I was younger and living in France it was a fake, when my family moved to Canada, we would go in the woods (my parents have an estate a bit north of Ottawa) and cut one...I miss the old times

• Like 2

Guest S**a*Q

Neither... I don't do Xmas.

I BahHumbug the entire holiday, unless I'm around my family, then I tolerate it, but just for them.

I celebrate Boxing Day, cause that's the day Awesome was born. ;)

I have same tree every year. It's about 8 in. tall, strange looking greenish vinyl thing I got at a rummage sale years ago, I guess you could say it's funky. Three ornaments: a little star on top, a heart with Mom's picture, and one HD ornament ball thingy. I can use evergreen little trees if I need olfactory sensation.

I LOVE a real tree. the smell is so awsome I don't even mind sweeping up the needles everyday. I haven't had a tree in many years though. I keep saying "this year I'm gonna decorate or get a real tree" but I never do.

Maybe this year :)

Edited by Serena Blake
spelling

Guest C**Tra****er

Always a real tree for me unless I'm not planning to be at my own house for the holidays. This year I'm hosting a Christmas party so the house will have to be all decorated earlier than usual!

Good Lord.......I'm from the heart of Christmas tree country. I have a friend that owns a tree farm and he gives me a nice one every year. Even it he didn't, I'd either cut one off my own land or buy one every year. I'm getting older and crankier and am starting to take real perverse delight in being a salmon swimming downstream to spawn. Frack the plastic trees......But that's just me and Bobby Magee.

• Like 1