I like the atmosphere there and the location is ideal for me. I just need to win the lottery and go more often!

Guest Ni**t*****t

I think we have an excellent discussion group btw. Great!

I agree with Capital Hunter in the fact that Pierre, the obnoxious owner, might need to learn a lesson the hard way. Business is customer driven and not the other way around. Long term customers are your highest assets. He obviously doesn't understand this or does not care... I think the latter applies.

I also agree that any working girl needs a safe, clean environment. Barbs is good for that.

I also had a long discussion with the girl I talked about in my last post and she said she feels safe there, does not need to do extras, etc. But she does not feel good about the place since most of the staff got replaced... less friendly now. The owner freaks the staff out... She messaged me again last night from Barbs telling me how dead it was. She is another very good looking girl who will move on.

I feel for the girls there but I also agree that I do not want to spend my hard owned dollars in a place where the owner does not care about us customers. It seems everyone working there is stressed when he is around... not normal.

That said, there are wonderful girls there... this is more complicated than it looked at first. gees...

Additional Comments:

Confused :(

but this doesn't help move it forward!:

barbs sucks

I agree the owner may have to learn the lesson the hard way but we don't want to bite off our noses to spite our faces!

If we don't assist with improving the atmosphere at Barb's we may ultimately lose it and that would be an unnecessary shame - and Barb's is unreplaceable. Think of the ridiculous response to Barefax's Toy Mountain campaign. There are way too many people out there who don't approve of strip clubs.

We do.

waterat, great suggestion and I agree but HOW can we help to improve the environment at Barbs specifically?. It is my understanding that there are two issues here. One is the the (too) open and resulting lack of privacy (and there must be a balance with dancer safety) and the second is the staff (or owner) with attitudes. Do we contiinue to spend our hard earned dollars where we don't get value or get attitudes in return or do we make another attempt to convey the message to the owner(s)? Or another option that I don't know of?

I also completely agree that if Barbs closes it will never re-open. Like Fanny's in the market closed for good. That used to be a great place too a dozen years ago with beautiful dancers.

On your last point, I am surprised to read that there are too many people not approving of strip bars. A latest poll suggests that 2 out of 3 Canadian support full legalization of prostitution so we do live in a relatively open minded, advanced society. You may be right though as I don't know of any poll on approve/disapprove of strip bars.

I agree. Not sure why you are making negative comments like this about Barbs Bigpoppa or what makes you to say all these but they have the best looking ladies and likely have provided a relatively safe place for these ladies to work, so kudos to them. Yes maybe a bit of attitude on the part of owner(s) and some staff but the fact is that they are still among the top SCs in NCR.

We are in the process of making a constructive debate here and trying to find a possible solution to a couple of issues. Please start a thread of your own if you have an account to settle with Barbs!!.

Guest Ni**t*****t

I think there was an honest attempt to talk to the owner last week and we know the result. The staff is okay in general. The issue lies with one person but he will not change his ways. So the option that is left is to move on and go elsewhere if we are not happy at Barbs anymore.

That said, there are wonderful girls there and I don't think I can stop seeing some of them for good so I will not stop going to Barbs for good. I will try somewhere else however. Don't like Barefax but there are other options.

I stopped by and saw Bridgette the other day. I was quite happy to see a couple of new, very comfy chairs in one or two CR booths!

Just got back from Barb's and regardless of the state of the CR I had a great time with a tall blonde ATF who was again dressed in black. I left wanting more, but I realize that is why I keep going back.

if i may, and it's only my opinion

say what you want about the owner of barb's but in all my years and experience in many clubs in a handful of cities you know something pierre cares. he's the first to make a girl feel welcome, he's a hands on guy (meaning lots of owners don't even show up at their club), he takes the time to clap with each and every girl that goes on stage. we have no idea what is going on business wise with him so to sit back and criticize how he runs his club is really shortsighted.

besides are you coming to see him or the girls? who spends time with you him or the girls? do you stop hanging at your best friends place because you don't like their parents?

personally i love the fact the cr rooms are open, it does make me feel safe and as bridgette mentioned earlier during the day you're pretty much guaranteed total privacy.

Please keep this site friendly and positive. If anyone needs a reminder of he main rule of cerb.... Look up. Very top of the screen.

• Like 1

Guest New B**ce

i like barb's the best among the local clubs despite the cr not being great

i like the women, they're friendly and beautiful and the atmosphere is usually fun

I agree that partitioned CR's add an element to the experience that has been missing since they cut them down.

But then I remember when they all enforced the "no touching" policy.

Barb's even had CR's where the VIP booth is so everyone could see everything.

While thresholds of acceptable behaviour may change from time to time, Barb's never seems to change; there's always great people working there who make it a fun place to be.

Of course, I am particularly biased because of all the beautiful friendly women I have had the pleasure of knowing over the years.

But to me it will always be the best.

• Like 2

Things were really quite busy on Friday (12/21) afternoon when I dropped in around 2:00. The crowd seemed to hold steady after the buffet closed and the general atmosphere was as active as I've seen it for many months.

One notable change was a gorgeous new shooter girl and I noticed at least one unfamiliar but very lovely petite blonde dancer. Familiar ladies were much in evidence - both those I've seen lately (Claire) and at least one (Zoe, still brunette) I haven't seen for some time.

A number of the regulars brought to mind some posters/readers of this thread - Kitty and V(a)laska (Capital Hunter), Ariel (Cato) and the always stunning Jenny (Reddog01).

While the CR did not appear to be as busy as the club in general, it certainly seemed more active than I've observed in the recent past. In any case, I attempted to do my part in this regard with an extended ATF encounter.

• Like 3

Guest Ni**t*****t

I dropped in around 5:30 on Friday for a brief visit on my way home and the place was busy. There were many lovely girls and the atmosphere was great. It was good to see Barb's like this again. Good fun.

I was in briefly last night. Pretty slow in the bar, not one familiar lady on the floor! Had one long drawn out beer and split.

Guest **oo**e

I tend to stick to Pigale but tonight out of curiousity I ventured into Barb's, and had an awesome time with Samantha in the CR. Samantha is tall, has straight blonde hair, blue eyes, has an amazing body with the most awesome ass, and is very friendly. Apparently she usually works days. PM me for details if interested.

Happy New Year!

I've been away from Barbs for close to a year. In a few weeks I will be back in Ottawa for business and plan to spend some quality time with the fine ladies. Could some of the regulars let me know if a few of my favorite girls are still dancing there? I know Jenny and Ariel are still around based on previous posts.

But what about?

Dagny (daytime girl)

Ava (evening girl)

Katrina (evening)

Kiki (day and evening)

Crystal (evening)

Dakota (evening)

Brooke (evening and day)

Thanks in advance, who knows maybe I'll see a few of you at the club.

Guest Ni**t*****t
Happy New Year!

I've been away from Barbs for close to a year. In a few weeks I will be back in Ottawa for business and plan to spend some quality time with the fine ladies. Could some of the regulars let me know if a few of my favorite girls are still dancing there? I know Jenny and Ariel are still around based on previous posts.

But what about?

Dagny (daytime girl)

Ava (evening girl)

Katrina (evening)

Kiki (day and evening)

Crystal (evening)

Dakota (evening)

Brooke (evening and day)

Thanks in advance, who knows maybe I'll see a few of you at the club.

Ava and Katrina are still around evenings. I am not sure about the other girls and I do not go during the daytime.

Hey, is barbs open news years day? (01/01/13)

Also, did anyone notice any black girls working recently?

THANKS ALL!

Hi all:

First post; be gentle! While I am new to this site (didn't know it existed...), I am not new to the strip club scene. While I visit all the local establishments, Barb's is still my favourite club because it is relaxed and the girls are classy. I was surfing this thread and read many comments about the demise of this club. I think property values will take out Barb's long before bad champagne rooms or surly management will. Looking at the plot of land it sits on, it is only a matter of time before the club is demolished and an apartment or office tower goes up in its place... Heck, a block away, they are building a tower right around a church! In the meantime I will continue to enjoy the casual atmosphere at Barb's. See you there!

But what about?

Dagny (daytime girl)

Ava (evening girl)

Katrina (evening)

Kiki (day and evening)

Crystal (evening)

Dakota (evening)

Brooke (evening and day)

I haven't seen Brooke for a long time. Others are all there regularly or occasionally.

Additional Comments:

Looking at the plot of land it sits on, it is only a matter of time before the club is demolished and an apartment or office tower goes up in its place...

There's already been a development application, I believe. They're probably waiting for the subway to go in, and investment environment to improve before building happens.

Edited by curmudgeon
typo

Barbs daytime is pretty hot lately. Spent some quality time with Mia who has been reviewed. Very attractive and sensuous. Really liked spending time in the CR with her.

With her, its the little affectionate things that are wonderful. She has been dancing a few years, is really easy to talk to, and is down to earth and natural. Nice combination.

Thursday night and Barb's is dead. Where are my lovely admirers? So much love to give and noone to give it to! Barbarellas supporters, we need YOU! XOXOX missing you guys