My understanding is the building will not be going anywhere , it is a heritage building but , what occupies the building is where the concern lays . There is plaque or picture somewhere in the building that explains it all , I believe it was a coke bottling plant , ask Ashley at the mate , it was her that was explaining it all to me . If you wanna get the story straight , or just to barbs , hey , it's win win ! Oh hell I think I just talk myself into a little tour ........

• Like 4

Went to barbs last week, first time in a long time after hearing the rumors it would close. Alot of new dancers which was nice to see. Met with the beautiful Tiffany. Lets just say she doesnt desappoint for the private dances. Very generous girl. I dont know if the rules have changed at barbs, but she made it look easy during the day since theres never a bouncer around.. Happy ending to a stressfull day. :)

• Like 1

My understanding is the building will not be going anywhere , it is a heritage building ...

It's a historic building, but I don't know whether it is a designated heritage building (I haven't found it on historicplaces.ca). Even if it is, that gives it only limited protection against demolition or remodelling.

Here's how Queen St used to look, back in the day...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m6E624cZCfI/UvHbg_RJ4DI/AAAAAAAAKYU/3wIg8f8cA7I/s1600/QueenLyonCocaCola.jpg

(referenced from here:

http://centretown.blogspot.ca/2014/02/peds-on-weds-part-4-history-of-sidewalk.html

)

• Like 3

Guest layladylay
Went to barbs last week, first time in a long time after hearing the rumors it would close. Alot of new dancers which was nice to see. Met with the beautiful Tiffany. Lets just say she doesnt desappoint for the private dances. Very generous girl. I dont know if the rules have changed at barbs, but she made it look easy during the day since theres never a bouncer around.. Happy end to a stressfull day. :)

Hey There!

I am currently working at Barbs. While I am glad you had a pleasant experience, I wold not count on this happening again. The rules have not changed, I would beware of individuals who are as lets say generous as that at barbarella's since it is a strict club.

Hope you come back to barbs soon!

Guest **oo**e
It's a historic building, but I don't know whether it is a designated heritage building (I haven't found it on historicplaces.ca). Even if it is, that gives it only limited protection against demolition or remodelling.

Here's how Queen St used to look, back in the day...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m6E624cZCfI/UvHbg_RJ4DI/AAAAAAAAKYU/3wIg8f8cA7I/s1600/QueenLyonCocaCola.jpg

(referenced from here:

http://centretown.blogspot.ca/2014/02/peds-on-weds-part-4-history-of-sidewalk.html

)

Great link ! Thanks.

Guest *t**e**x
Hey There!

I am currently working at Barbs. While I am glad you had a pleasant experience, I wold not count on this happening again. The rules have not changed, I would beware of individuals who are as lets say generous as that at barbarella's since it is a strict club.

Hope you come back to barbs soon!

Hmmm... Barbs is strict, you won't have as much fun next time, come back soon!

It doesn't matter how strict the club is, those things will always happen.. Its sad to see because indeed I used to personnaly love going to barbs. I usually take jenny, bridget, brandy or ariel. But I don't go as often because the standards are not the same. They need to clean the club so it goes back to how it used to be, known as the cleanest club in Ottawa area. I don't know Tiffany, but based on Davebigman's comment I can add Kyra and the small one full of tattoos, Carmena. I remember Carmena because she offered me for more when she sat for the first time, cute litle girl but thats not how its supposed to work. I declined her offer and she walked away but unfortunately no one of my favorites 4 were present that day!! Not that i wouldn't like that but i come for dances nothing more. It does not make it a nice environment when you pay for a dance and you get to witness things through the small offices and mirrors. Not that it would be a bad idea for the club to make it more private in the back, if the girls could stick to dancing.

FYI i will be back soon since its been a couple of weeks since I stopped by to see the beautiful Playboy Jenny :)

• Like 1

The construction schedule has a start date Spring 2016, and end date Spring 2017.

http://www.ligneconfederationline.ca/the-build/lyon/overview/

Interesting. This seems to refer to the original station plan involving the Delta on the east side of Lyon. I'm wondering if the change to the west side adjacent to 340 will affect the construction schedule in any way. If the station entrance is to be excavated at the parking lot, things could happen more quickly - on the other hand, 340 might not be affected for a while (until the Claridge development gets underway).

Ah well, I'm just engaging in circular, pointless babbling I guess - it'll happen when it happens. Wish I knew precisely when.

Myself I intend to support these business at 340 Queen St especially the Glue Pot Pub and Barbs. Because what's being done to them is not fair. I suggest go have a meal at Glue Pot Pub and finish the night at Barbs. That way you can eat twice! HaHa!

• Like 1

After briefly stopping by about two weeks ago, again dropped into 340 on a Saturday afternoon (8/29) and the place seemed to doing fairly well - slightly above average activity for a Saturday afternoon.

Arrived around 2:20 just as Jenny was finishing her second turn onstage, so yet again missed seeing her full stage appearance(s). Jenny looked gorgeous after being on stage - today wearing a very short black one piece with a tiny black thong underneath - breathtaking as always.

Although my time and attention were largely taken up by Jenny, I have to mention that Brandi looked especially nice on stage - a pretty girl with a very lovely shape. Departed around 4:00 as Brandi was finishing her turn on stage.

Overall quite a good weekend afternoon at Barb's.

• Like 2

Went to barbs Friday afternoon , first time since April , been working out of town . It should never go this long between visits !

Had wonderful times with Nicole , coco , Clair , and of course heavenly who devishly lived up to her name .

This being a ROUGHRIDERS !!!! game day , I can't think of a better place to go celebrate a green and white victory !

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah; back to work this week after a long summer break. I feel a Barbs visit is on deck for Friday. I just might straddle the shift change: Jenny in the afternoon and Stacy or Brandi in the evening (TBC). Maybe leave the bike/car at home.

• Like 3

Ah; back to work this week after a long summer break. I feel a Barbs visit is on deck for Friday. I just might straddle the shift change: Jenny in the afternoon and Stacy or Brandi in the evening (TBC). Maybe leave the bike/car at home.

If Brandi is working Friday night, please let us know. I've been looking for her for months and I miss seeing her dance. She's a 10 in my book.

• Like 1

It's been years since I've been to barbarella's... I spent quite a bit of time there... I really liked that place.... I think that's the first place I ever got a �� in a strip club... by two different super sexy black girls.. at different times...

The Black Barbie twins were at 'Rella's Friday night , they must be on some really good drugs cuz they are just bouncing off the walls...lotsa fun though, definitely worth seeing.

And I found a girl at Barbs that is so beautiful, that even the other dancers go all quiet and stare at her when she takes the stage, but I'm keeping her to myself..bwahaha !

• Like 1

Guest pagypie
And I found a girl at Barbs that is so beautiful, that even the other dancers go all quiet and stare at her when she takes the stage, but I'm keeping her to myself..bwahaha !
well if u told us that could help her ;)

i dont understand why you;d make posts like these, it seems like trolling. this is a recommendation board.

It's clearly time for some of the rest of us to go exploring! He's just having a little fun....

As the Dark Knight said:

..... why so serious?.....

• Like 1