Have you watched any good movies lately?

Fury. It is very graphic and not for the faint of heart.

Graphic...just running through the channels and Avalanche Shark Attack is on Showcase now. Talk about graphic and not for the faint of heart LOL

Don't know if it's a comedy or horror or just the dumbest movie ever made

But I'm watching a tv show I recorded on my PVR

RG

Have to agree with cristy " A Walk among the Tombstones " watched it last night. I didn't blink.

The grand Budapest hotel was great, nice change from many

A few I've seen lately and thought were good was "A walk among the Tombstones" I'm generally not a big Liam fan but the plot was good I thought

One I'd avoid was the Gambler-

The wedding Ringer-I thought was cute, not great but watchable

I'm still surprised no one has mentioned Selma-very good

• Like 1

"Predestination"

It is an Australian produced film starring Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook. Probably one of the best time travel movies I have seen.

As the title suggests, it is an exercise in circular paradoxes. The movie is taken from a short story by Robert A. Heinlein, "All You Zombies..." (there are no zombies, it is a figure of speech). It is superbly executed and the realization at the end is a stunner.

Highly recommended.

The movie was released in North America just recently but was released in OZ in 2014 so there are BR rips at the usual places.

Just watched a great movie that I just stumbled across on the TV but had never actually hear of before called "Unfinished Song"

[ATTACH]296[/ATTACH]

It's the story of a Grumpy pensioner who honors his recently deceased wife's passion for performing by joining the unconventional local choir to which she used to belong, a process that helps him build bridges with his estranged son, James.

While it sounds kind of sappy and sad it is really pretty uplifting especially for anyone who is struggling with getting on with life and dealing with Grief.

The movie stars Terrace Stamp, Vanessa Redgrave and Gemma Arterton

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047011/

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Guest K***e D****ls

'La Bare'. A documentary about male strippers from the legendary club 'La Bare' in Dallas, Texas. It was actually a really insightful film. These guys have FAR more talent and business smarts than the large majority of female dancers, and that's coming from a lady who has lived in that world. haha

Watched the "Italian Job" remake from 2003 not the original 1969 version... not a bad move but I actually like the original better.

Just my Opinion

Finally got the chance to watch Whiplash. J.K. Simmons is intense and outstanding in this movie! He should win the Oscar for this role. Miles Teller and Paul Reiser are also amazing. Great film and very happy to see it.

• Like 1

Olympus Has Fallen...typical action flick This time about the White House being taken over by terrorists and the President held hostage

And one Secret Service agent saves the day

RG

Watched an older movie on the weekend - "The boy in the striped pyjamas". It was quite different than most other Holocaust stories. I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

The Grand Seduction.

I am thinking the maritimers would enjoy it. It seems to be a remake of a Quebec film. I actually thought it was British when they were showing the trailers when it was new, but it is set in Newfoundland.

Charming

• Like 1

The Grand Seduction.

I am thinking the maritimers would enjoy it. It seems to be a remake of a Quebec film. I actually thought it was British when they were showing the trailers when it was new, but it is set in Newfoundland.

Charming

Your correct it is a remake of a well known Quebec movie... I was lucky enough to attend the Premiere last year... here's my original post:

http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=598658

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h
The grand Budapest hotel was great, nice change from many

A few I've seen lately and thought were good was "A walk among the Tombstones" I'm generally not a big Liam fan but the plot was good I thought

One I'd avoid was the Gambler-

The wedding Ringer-I thought was cute, not great but watchable

I'm still surprised no one has mentioned Selma-very good

Thank you for the reco on Walk Among the Tombstones, Cristy, I really enjoyed it! I was expecting "Taken 4" but instead got an interesting movie, so thank you!

Additional Comments:

Saw John Wick on VOD last night

Typical action yarn...lighthearted entertainment

RG

I don't think that "lighthearted" is the right word for this bloodbath of a movie, lol.

Reminded me of Kill Bill with the over the top violence; no double-tap here, more of a quadruple-tap for each killing!

Reminded me of 1970's revenge movies!

I saw The Executioner last night and it was amazing. I'm not a huge action movie fan but Denzel rocked this one into my top 10 all time favorites. I strongly recommend it.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h
I saw The Executioner last night and it was amazing. I'm not a huge action movie fan but Denzel rocked this one into my top 10 all time favorites. I strongly recommend it.

Posted via Mobile Device

I remember The Executioner with George Peppard as John Shay in the 1970's flick! Denzel Washington must have been cute at all of 13 or 14 years old in that one! I will have to re-rent it!

Watched Nightcrawler last night and would reco if you like dark movies. Main Character (Jake Gylenhal-probably misspelled-sorry) is very disturbing but the story was good, imo.

Additional Comments:

Has anyone seen The Boy Next Door??? With Jennifer Lopez,, I have been hearing it's a fantastic thriller,,

HI:) I found it typical, you knew what was going to happen. If you've nothing else to watch then I'd say kill some time, but there are far better thrillers, Nightcrawler as I just posted, is one.

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h
Watched Nightcrawler last night and would reco if you like dark movies. Main Character (Jake Gylenhal-probably misspelled-sorry) is very disturbing but the story was good, imo.

Additional Comments:

HI:) I found it typical, you knew what was going to happen. If you've nothing else to watch then I'd say kill some time, but there are far better thrillers, Nightcrawler as I just posted, is one.

Thanks for the reco on Nightcrawler, Cristy. I will give it a try; the trailers look good, and I love dark movies!