Have you watched any good movies lately?

Watched The Water Diviner (Russell Crowe) last night and loved it. Its about a man who travels to Turkey to find his 3 missing sons who had fought in the Battle of Gallipoli. If you liked Unbroken, you may enjoy this as well :)

• Like 1

Watched The Water Diviner (Russell Crowe) last night and loved it. Its about a man who travels to Turkey to find his 3 missing sons who had fought in the Battle of Gallipoli. If you liked Unbroken, you may enjoy this as well :)

Anything with Russell Crowe in it is watchable for me, that man is hot, hot, hot!

• Like 1

Watched What We Do In the Shadows... so good!

It's a documentary style film about a bunch of old vampires. That makes it sound lame but it's not lame; it's a must-watch! Laughed my ass off.

Also recently watched The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness, which is a look at the great Hayao Miyazaki. He's an interesting man and if you enjoy his films and are interested in peeking behind the curtain you should check this film out.

• Like 1

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD.

I've seen it twice now and it is awesome. Non-stop action. It's basically one action-fuelled car chase from start to finish.

And I second the reco for What We Do In the Shadows. If you dig Flight of the Conchords and you like mockumentaries, this is for you.

Saw age of ultron and mad max over the weekend , recommend both . Avengers is exactly what you would expect it to be , mad max , if you saw the original 3 movies you will have lots of fun noticeing all the nods to those movies . The bad guy , toecutter , from the first mad max movie , it is the same actor playing the bad guy in fury road .

If you like a love story I watched "The Longest Ride" recently, it is a love story inside a love story I liked it, the movie turned out much better than I thought it would of.

Chappie !!

Took two times before I gave in to watch it in full ... But third is a charm

Great story .. Cried !!!

Maybe I'm sensitive lol :-P

But I'm wondering why is all the alien type flicks based outta South Africa ???

Seems odd - are they trying to tell us something ????

Chappie !!

Took two times before I gave in to watch it in full ... But third is a charm

Great story .. Cried !!!

Maybe I'm sensitive lol :-P

But I'm wondering why is all the alien type flicks based outta South Africa ???

Seems odd - are they trying to tell us something ????

All directed by Neill Blomkamp who is South African... Directed district 9 and Elysium.

I just saw Tomorrow Land with George Cloonie. I thought it was a very good Sci Fi movie. Good Story line and great special effects. It's made by Disney. It's kind of a feel good movie.

Ive seen Mad Max twice, this movie rules!! Non stop action, hardly any dialogue and 80% practical effects. The story is not hard to follow and the characters develop quite nicely. If you're looking to get the most out of your $12 movie ticket... this is the one to see.

just saw San Andreas in 3D.

this is an awesome movie. Pure action and huge special effects.

the Rock is great in this role. This is just pure massive destruction of a city.

Non Stop action.

Saw that movie Spy the other day and while I wasn't a fan of Melissa McCarthy before, I am now. I've never laughed so hard in my life. This movie was funny as hell!

Saw Jurassic World (2015) in 3d. Great movie. lots of action. and in 3D the dinosaurs look so real. Lot of action. amazing thing is that the main woman spent all her time running in the jungle from dinosaurs and at end, her high heels are still intact. lol.

Worth watching.

• Like 1

Guest ***ige***5

It Follows and it was creeeeeeeepy. Have also seen the new Mad Max twice.

Saw John Wicks recently. It was an action pack movie if you like a lot of gun fighting. A lot of people were killed in this movie. It's bit unbelievable, but had some great action scenes. Not much of a plot. Revenge and a lot of killing. But kept my attention.

I saw 'The Duke of Burgundy'. It's another one of those movies that I really liked but wouldn't recommend to most people because it is very odd.

It's set in an alternate world where there are no men. Reproduction is never explained. It centres around a couple who engage in dominant-submissive roleplay. The movie examines relationship dynamics in a way that I found really interesting. I think setting the film in a world with only women was a really clever approach because it avoids getting bogged down by male and female stereotypes. And since every character in this film is a homosexual (or an asexual I suppose) it doesn't feel like it's commenting on the gay community.

If you're into offbeat stuff like this, check it out.

Saw that movie Spy the other day and while I wasn't a fan of Melissa McCarthy before, I am now. I've never laughed so hard in my life. This movie was funny as hell!

I am looking forward to seeing what she did with the part lol

I watched The Duff, because the way the stupid cable company has set up the stupid VOD page makes it super easy to click the wrong thing at the wrong time, and end up renting something you wouldn't normally rent. However it was cute, even tho I am suspending my disbelief that this guy, who plays adult characters on a few different tv shows and tv movies, was 18.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2064412/

(he is 27)

MV5BMTg5NjQwMjY5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQ0MTU4OA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Saw the movie Spy with Melissa McCarthy.

It was full of action and very funny. sort of a parody of James Bond movies with a bit of other movies. A lot of people were laughing their heads off in the theatre. Lot of swearing in the movie.

• Like 1