Have you watched any good movies lately?

Watched Hyena Road last weekend -twice in fact. Great flick by Paul Gross and acknowledges the challenges facing our troops who have been deployed to Afghanistan and eslewhere. Highly recommend.

"She's Funny That Way" directed by Peter Bogdanovich (on Netflix). Very funny and well written. It made me think a lot of a Woody Allen movie with a bit less intellectual side in it.

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

The Hateful Eight. Not one of Tarantino's better films but still good. Great dialogue as always!

Watched "Notting Hill" for the nth time. Sometimes you need a movie with a feel-good movie with a happy ending...

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Last night I watched "Me, Earle and the Dying Girl".

Damn thing made me cry.

I don't watch many movies and in fact I haven't seen any of this years best picture nominees. Saw Everest little while ago and loved it. BUT, just got around to seing the 1st Hunger Games and I liked it too. If you read between the lines, loved Everest, liked Hunger Games.

• Like 1

I saw 'The Lobster'. I really liked it, but you have to like very far-fetched bizarre concept-based comedies like 'Being John Malkovich' to enjoy it. It is set in a world where everybody is forced to be in a couple, and if you cannot find love within 45 days of being single, you are transformed into an animal of your choice.

• Like 1

Not a movie but a series on Netflix. It is called Rebellion and is a five part mini-series about the Easter 1916 uprising in Dublin. Engaging and smart and it shows the limitations of both sides in the conflict.

Have to admit that I binge watched this one.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I re-watched EX_MACHINA last night and enjoyed it as much the second time around. Oscar Isaac and Alicia Vikander are incredible actors.

Saw "The Walk" about the 1974 "illegal" tightrope walk between the Twin Towers. Suspenseful story even knowing that the walk turned out well; poignant knowing the fate of the World Trade Center 27 years later.

Guest n*gu**6

Titanic.... my son is obsessed with all things Titanic lately. So we watched some of that the other night

Recently re-watched the sci-fi comedy "Galaxy Quest". Clever script and stellar cast including the late Alan Rickman.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

The Gift. Loved the ending, but it was thinly veiled so the "gift" was quite obvious.