Best email provider.

I use yahoo but find that I have an increasing problem with bulk mail. Yes, it catches a lot but it also puts people that I have had contact with in my bulk mail. I don't want to save everyone as a contact for privacy issues.

What, in your opinion, is the best free email provider?

• Like 1

GMAIL have been relatively excellent for me ...

OUTLOOK.COM ;D its new I got my account name the way I wanted it. lol.

have fun Meg!

• Like 1

I won't say it's the best, haven't comparison shopped, but for this lifestyle I use mail.com

You can not only choose your user name but also they have a selection of domain names to choose from

Very rarely get spam

Here's the link mail.com and the link for creating a account

http://service.mail.com/registration.html?edition=int&lang=en&device=desktop#.1258-header-getaccount1-1

Windows Live (hotmail) sucks, use it for my civilian life LOL get tons of spam email...it does get filtered to my junk email folder but I wish I wouldn't get as much as I do

And then there is the famous gc.ca email...yup, work email Sucks because it's all work related LOL

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

I've been happy with my gmail account.

I've also had an account on vfemail.net (virus-free e-mail) for even longer, and it's also been excellent at avoiding junk mail.

Thank you all but the issue is not the junk mail I receive but the fact that emails from people I have previously had contact with, go to the junk mail folder. Does this happen in gmail?

Thank you all but the issue is not the junk mail I receive but the fact that emails from people I have previously had contact with, go to the junk mail folder. Does this happen in gmail?

I find it happens a lot when you don't add that person/email address to your contacts. From personal experience, I can honestly say that yahoo mail is a big waste of time.

Make the switch to Gmail, you'll be happy with it.

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

I agree with Gabby Gmail is the way to go.

Posted via Mobile Device

i've been on hotmail for years lately been getting lots of junk mail from my contacts that i know didn't send them i think time for a change to

• Like 1

Guest S*rca****sid

Add my vote for Gmail. It's a very good provider for being free.

Hotmail is by far lagging behind, Microsoft is slowly migrating all the accounts to Outlook accounts.

As for Yahoo.... who? It's a dinosaur from the early '90s. And notorious for spam bots.

If you have your own domain (most domain providers include emails, i.e. [email protected]), it makes more business sense to use that for email and it's perceived as being more professional.

In that case, you can use any free email client like Mozilla Thunderbird.

Some discussion of email issues in this thread, too, if you haven't already seen it.

I've been trying out Google Apps for business since then (h/t Backrubman)... and yes, it's very good. Whatever else you may say about them, Google really understand the importance of making the user interface simple, and how to do it. I have a domain hosted elsewhere, but having my email run through Google will cost somewhat less than $5/month when I start paying.

And the bonus of actually paying for the service is that you don't get ads, and - I think - Google doesn't mine your email for data about you (we just have to trust them on that, I guess...). That's the one thing that has always made me nervous about Google... they probably know far too much about me.

I too am a fan of gmail. It may have something to do with what is contained in their email, I know with gmail if the email is at all provocative it will be sent to spam. Perhaps it's your settings?? sorry I'm not more help.

I use gmail as well and have never had any difficulties with e-mail from previous contacts going into spam.

Porthos

I've been trying out Google Apps for business since then (h/t Backrubman)... and yes, it's very good. Whatever else you may say about them, Google really understand the importance of making the user interface simple, and how to do it. I have a domain hosted elsewhere, but having my email run through Google will cost somewhat less than $5/month when I start paying.

Cool.

Don't forget you get a lot more than just email with no banner ads for that $5 (and of course the ability to use your own domain name with it). Any one of the "other" features is probably worth the $5/month by itself (at least to me), like Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides (to name just a few, there are many more) and of course I don't know of any one else offering the industrial strength two-factor authentication for the same price point. With so many email accounts getting hacked into, it's worth it for the extra security alone. Oddly you get responsive, live, toll free technical support also and flawless integration with every smartphone (full sync of inbox, contacts and calendar with BB, Android and iPhone).

5 million businesses that have switched to Google Apps can't be wrong.

For someone involved in this industry, $5 isn't much to pay for secure email.

Meg - no matter what provider you use, you should be able to have a "safe list" so no matter what that person sends (content I am speaking of), it should never go to your junkmail (yahoo, hotmail/outlook.com, gmail etc...) it works with all of them.

I love gmail, too. You can import your addresses from yahoo and make sure that they're not directed to your spam folder.

You can set up filters so that you'll know whether a particular person has ever contacted you before and how you responded. Once you set up those filters, gmail flags incoming mail from senders' IP addresses. That's how I found out that the man who was stalking me had created a new e-mail account, which he used to try to get me to meet him for an outcall.

If there's a limit to the number of filters you can have, I haven't found it, yet. I filter everything--clients, out of town, WOT, no-show, and so on. Most of the e-mail that lands in my inbox has several coloured labels that tell me alot about the sender before I read the message. That saves me time and helps keep things organized.

• Like 1

Gmail has worked for me well, but thy all semi to have their issues. One is that a friend that I have not emailed to in a while can end up in the wrong box (can I say that here?). Adjusting controls helps. I must say tho that my apple mail account is the easiest to manage and really has a lot of features that I do not see in others.

Fitmik

Just wondering if (after your one month free trial) you did decide to go with it?

I have long felt that the 2-Factor authentication and the bottomless inbox size combined with all the other nifty features makes it the perfect solution for anyone but particularly SPs (or clients) who don't need their email hacked and the confidential information therein compromised. It also seems more "professional" to have email from your own domain name as opposed to simple gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.

• Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

I'm a fan of Gmail. They also have a great new chat feature from other people with Gmail accounts. It also groups emails from the same address so you can look back at your conversation. You can consolidate many email accounts all through Gmail. They have the best search feature by far ( after all they are the search engine giant ). Doesn't matter if you have 1000 emails you'll be able to find what you need easily.

You can sync your google calendar to an iphone, very handy feature i use all the time.

They have some great filter options too.

Shannon

Guest FredDerf

Just another vote for gmail. Never a problem with spam, very reliable.