What it takes ti be an SP

Good thread Serena. It is a very special lady who can see a gentleman, for the very first time, and as cliche as it sounds, give of herself body mind and soul. And for those professional companions who provide escapes for us gentlemen you have, well speaking for myself, my appreciation and gratitude. The value of the encounter far exceeds the donation asked for. And it certainly isn't a profession every woman can do

I do take issue with your last line though Serena. The ladies who don't take this lifestyle seriously or professionally don't make the rest of you professional companions look bad.

They only make themselves look bad and at least for me make my encounters with professional companions all the more special and appreciated

A rambling

RG

• Like 3

I do take issue with your last line though Serena. The ladies who don't take this lifestyle seriously or professionally don't make the rest of you professional companions look bad.

They only make themselves look bad

I does make the whole profession much more difficult to work in, because everyone is worried that the sp is into bait and switch, or she's gonna show up in sweat pants and construction boots to see you. Because there are girls out there that have sexy pics and will do a call wearing crap. For those of us that take the time to get dressed up, pamper ourselves and take the time to see you, it is aggrevating when these others think that its easy to be an sp.

• Like 5

I does make the whole profession much more difficult to work in, because everyone is worried that the sp is into bait and switch, or she's gonna show up in sweat pants and construction boots to see you. Because there are girls out there that have sexy pics and will do a call wearing crap. For those of us that take the time to get dressed up, pamper ourselves and take the time to see you, it is aggrevating when these others think that its easy to be an sp.

Not splitting hairs here, I'm very sure that those women who aren't professional do make it a difficult profession for the ladies who are professional to work in. My point though, those unprofessional ladies do not make the professional companions look bad, they only make themselves look bad, and time spent with a professional companion all the more memorable and appreciated

Thats all I was trying to say

RG

• Like 2

Well I guess it depends on situation. If you end up having bad luck the first few ladies that would be a sting that leaves a lot of guys skeptical. especially when those girls are constantly switching their name and phone number to look new.

But if you are lucky enough to have clean, professional, and put together lady the first few times you are able to see easier the few that are just bad eggs instead of wondering if they are all bad

• Like 1

This kind of gig obviously isn't for everyone and from the outside it may look simple and easy. But when you consider the fly by night types and those who become overwhelmed by what it takes to run a successful business I'd think the 80-20 rules applies meaning that maybe 20% can actually make it for any period of time.

Peace

MG

• Like 6

Both of you are right Meag and RG. It is frustrating to see this people advertising, and trying to get clientele under a wrong impression, but as RG says at the end it all comes to the conclusion that is not just a pic in pretty lingerie what makes you an SP or MA in my case, and that is why people like us become popular and build a reputation, because we are there to deliver and cater as we promise, because we respect the gentlemen that chose us in the many ladies that there are available. These girls may have the gentlemen come to them once but will never see them again as for us, ladies that care and take this seriuos and as a proffesion with pride.. We will see many more times repeat and satisfied gentlemen ;). As they know we care for them and have respect for them as clients and as people.

Edited by P*****n****o
  • Like 8

Kudos to Mr Green for suggesting the 20/80 principle. It's one of those unwritten rules of most business ventures - only 1 out of every 5 businesses that opens will last a single year within any market. Those that do survive have to fight tooth and nail to maintain their fair market share against established businesses and new start ups.

The most successful businesses never rest on their laurels. They innovate, they advertise, they research, they re-brand, ... they do everything within their collective powers to achieve success. This business is no different than any other in that regard.

Those of us on both sides of the business who have maintained an eye on the providers list have seen countless beautiful young women enter with a splash and then fade into obscurity. That fading comes with a myriad of reasons but the most common is the inability to run a successful business in a market dominated by savvy business professionals. The best in the business know how to grow a clientele while maintaining their existing customer base. They know how to reach their target audience.

If you can take it down to bare bones, think of it this way: Everyone can make a bacon sandwich. The best sandwich makers will be able to convince you that their sandwich is more appealing, more delicious, better made and a much better value regardless of the price you have to pay.

The business models for this industry can be translated to or from any service industry. McDonalds sells you a better burger, Tim Hortons serves you a better coffee, Cineplex offers you better movies, etc. Their success is based on the fact that they are able to convince the masses that not only is their product is superior but their service, that intangible element that can't be quantified, is impeccable.

The best SPs/MAs understand the basic principles and apply them diligently. The ones that don't succeed are the ones that fail to recognize this as a business, and a business that can be lucrative if a successful business plan is utilized.

Heady stuff for a middle of the night post... but useful in the right hands!

• Like 6

So many good points have been made, but a comment made concerning competion is one I don't understand. In this business there will always be someone prettier, slimmer, better built, smarter, funnier, more talented than me, you and her. But that doesn't make them competition it just makes them those things. No one can compete with anyone in this business as they'll never have what you have, what I have or what the next girl has and to get that- they-the gentleman has to visit with you, me or her. I can't understand looking at it any other way. Now there are some men who measure our worth by the size of our breasts or the beauty of our faces,ect,ect and they may compare but schmmmoosh to them, thats superficial, opinionated and plain stupid, jmo. If they are going to jump at the first girl that causes their eyes to bulge without doing any further investigations thats their mistake. It does take alot to be an sp but the biggest thing and one that should be first and formost is the sisterhood of it all, women sticking together, wanting to help each other and being supportive.We can all become great, beautiful, talented and in demand sp's if we stick together, advise, educate and promote oneanother. It is that simple.:biggrin:

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 6

While I agree 100% with what has been written here so far, it makes me think back to my beginning days of advertising. I have come long way from the first ad I wrote, to the style I have developed now. It was a learning experience that is for sure!

When I see an ad that has the little "i" and words like...call me anytime...with no personality being offered to the reader, then right away I know this is an unexperienced SP who has not yet developed her on line personality. Some of us catch on to that, other's do not. The ones who do not, tend not to do well as most hobbyist are seeking an experienced provider. And it does show a level of self respect to have ads and pics that are not appearing to advertising a piece of meet from a grocery store, lol...

I think back, and I remember my some of my first ads, they were boring, spelling mistakes galore, but always were written with a bit of flair. My pics had come along way too, but I am artistically inclined so I did not struggle so much with that aspect of it. I think my first ad here was something like " hello gentlemen, i am in fredericton avail for romantic encounters, call me or email me" hahahhahahaha, I laugh thinking of it! I just did not understand at that time that how I write and present myself is key to getting the fellas interested enough to make the first contact with me.

It was just this last year I figured out to add color, format and fonts to my ads, lol...like this:) hahaha so I guess my point is, that we can create, develop and evolve into our on line personality, and for some it takes time to learn. I mean, there are those who will not change or be inspired to create a lasting impression, and those ladies tend not to do well...but with some inspiration and encouragement some will catch on and really develop into a great on line persona:)

Nothing comes easy, you need to put effort into it! If you are willing to that then you probably will do great:) If not, then sadly you will be overlooked and left behind;(

Everyone has a starting point!

• Like 6

So many good points have been made, but a comment made concerning competion is one I don't understand. In this business there will always be someone prettier, slimmer, better built, smarter, funnier, more talented than me, you and her. But that doesn't make them competition it just them those things. No one can compete with anyone in this business as they'll never have what you have, what I have or what the next girl has and to get that- they-the gentleman has to visit with you, me or her. I can't understand looking at it any other way. Now there are some men who measure our worth by the size of our breasts or the beauty of our faces,ect,ect and they may compare but schmmmoosh to them, thats superficial, opinionated and plain stupid, jmo. If they are going to jump at the first girl that causes their eyes to bulge without doing any further investigations thats their mistake. It does take alot to be an sp but the biggest thing and one that should be first and formost is the sisterhood of it all, women sticking together, wanting to help each other and being supportive.We can all become great, beautiful, talented and in demand sp's if we stick together, advise, educate and promote oneanother. It is that simple.:biggrin:

Good point Cristy. Every lady is unique and beautiful in her own way. Ladies shouldn't worry that some other lady is competition for her. JMHO but there isn't an ideal perfect woman, just women each of whom are unique and can offer something special to the clients they see

A rambling from a guy who has been blessed to see a few ladies ;-) and each lady and the encounter provided was special and unique

And I hope it came out right

RG

• Like 3

As always the insightful ladies of CERB make some great comments. Another aspect to this is that in any service industry we'll see a variety of providers with different aspects to their business model. And as well for each level of service there is likely a corresponding client. Or market rules would say it wouldn't exist. I also agree with the point that I can suspect that many ladies start out for differing reasons, with different needs and different long term intentions. I don't begrudge anyone who makes this attempt. I've treated every lady I've met with the highest of respect. And in turn I've been blessed with some amazing encounters. In a free market quality will find quality. It just doesn't happen all the time but lets hope the majority. Cub

• Like 3

I will agree with the point raised that fly-by-nights make life difficult for the good SPs. I see the same thing in my industry.

Most of what I do is billed through the office. Occasionally, I am to collect cash at the beginning of the run. Sometimes, the client will offer to pay part now and the rest at the end of the run. As I'm explaining gently to them that no, they will pay all of it now, I ask them what brings them to asking for the split. Every time it is because some other operator screwed them one way or the other. Interestingly, when questioned further, the same company name keeps coming up.

Because they run a crap operation, it makes life difficult for the rest of us.

So yes, I can agree completely.

And yes, I deeply appreciate knowing that the folk I contact here at CERB will exhibit a high degree of professionalism.

• Like 4

I've posted about this before, but it clearly needs posting about again :)

First up: yes, this is always a problem. In any industry, there will be established names who have earned their reputation through years of delivering quality service. There will always be a number of new names, most of which (at any given time) will fall by the wayside, but some of which will eventually establish their own reputations and join the established names.

And yes, there's the scammers. There's always scammers. They arrive, they rip people off, they change their names so that people lose track of who they are, and round we go again. Life being what it is, there will always be new marks who don't know any better, and so there will always be a niche for the scumbags. They'll always be there. you can't get rid of them. And although there may technically be legal recourse against people who rip us off, the law is expensive, and so they survive until word gets around.

So, gentle reader... please note that I have not yet mentioned any particular industry in this post. What I've said applies to fly-by-night builders, plumbers, snow-removal people, lawyers.... anything really. Including, yes, SPs.

Rest assured, ladies you are not unique in suffering the predations of the unscrupulous. But please, also rest assured that most of the people who fall victim to them are not your long-term clientele. It sucks for those who get scammed; but any of us who are here for any length of time (ie your repeat business, your long-term clients) know better, and understand the importance of the recommendation from another satisfied client, and please believe me when I say that the occasional threat from a scammer is no threat to your business.

The big problem scammers have, obviously, is that they have to find new clients ALL THE TIME, because they'll never get repeat business. And the law of diminishing returns will eventually, inevitably, force them out of business. But anyone who provides quality service simply doesn't have to worry about that, because happy clients will come back, and will bring in other clients who will also go away happy in turn.

So, yeah. The scammers are irritating. Ignore them. They'll last about as long as that spring mosquito, which is equally irritating.

<slap>

Gone.

• Like 4

Guest ***t***iv***
in reaction to the original post where any girl with a camera and lingerie and an internet connection thinks she can be an SP, I also hear a lot of girls say things like "hmmm I could do that, I love sex"

to me thats sorta like saying "I like pizza, i think I have what it takes to open a Pizzeria"

just beacuse you are comfortable serving or consuming what you're selling doesnt mean you have the slightest clue on what it takes to run that business, advertise that business, and help it flourish. And I like to remind clients that the "sex part" is only about 10% of what our job entails.

you could be great in bed, but have terrible business skills, poor people skills and an unwillingness to learn from your or others' mistakes that in the end could ruin your business.

You have to love people, as well as all that other stuff. If you really care about people as human beings, you have some of what it takes. That will get you in the door and staying there. Whats on the other side of that door before you open it is a person. If you can treat them as they deserve, the way they truly are, which is equal to you like yin is to yang, thats just the start. You need people skills and business skills after that. And bedroom skills comes in there, somewhere near the end. Really, who doesn't enjoy sex? This job requires talent, as well as knowledge and skills in order to become a successful sp.

Anyone could theoretically charge for sex (arguably all women do, just not all of us recieve cash) but to be a provider of physical, emotional and sometimes even spiritual companionship, well, we who are part of this society know that it takes a whole lot more than earning cash for services rendered to be a sex worker on any and every level.

You just cant buy love or pay people to care. They either do or they don't. Its an innate thing that not everyone has. Like being a teacher or a councelor. We do it because we have it in us to give.

Guest C**d W**te

You said it perfectly Serena. I don't think many people realize what a SP goes through in the run of a day. Instead of waking up and going to make breakfast, a service provider is waking up to missed calls, random texts from people you got to take the time and talk to. I can't imagine how much patience and a calm personality one must have to answer the same questions from different people multiple times a day. Not to mention finally getting all their questions answered and taking your time out of your day to get to know them, set up an appointment then what happens? The no shows. That in itself must take an extreme amount of patience. Then the criticism one must endure on review boards where she is picked apart and micro-analyzed by various guys stating her flaws, downfalls, how much she weighs, how we'll se "performed" it understandably takes a very strong, thick skinned women who is not afraid of all these daily challenges and yet who has the patience to still smile and be happy after a long day put in.

You said it perfectly Serena. I don't think many people realize what a SP goes through in the run of a day. Instead of waking up and going to make breakfast, a service provider is waking up to missed calls, random texts from people you got to take the time and talk to. I can't imagine how much patience and a calm personality one must have to answer the same questions from different people multiple times a day. Not to mention finally getting all their questions answered and taking your time out of your day to get to know them, set up an appointment then what happens? The no shows. That in itself must take an extreme amount of patience. Then the criticism one must endure on review boards where she is picked apart and micro-analyzed by various guys stating her flaws, downfalls, how much she weighs, how we'll se "performed" it understandably takes a very strong, thick skinned women who is not afraid of all these daily challenges and yet who has the patience to still smile and be happy after a long day put in.

Yes it definitely dose some days