I remember the days when a manly man used bargain bin shampoo and soap. We now increasingly see hair, skin care and anti-aging products geared specifically toward men.

Guys and gals share your miracle products as well as those used by your SO.

PS if anyone has a miracle hair and skin regime for those of us with dry hair and skin, I would be grateful!

• Like 1

I expect to see some really impressive posts on this one ......hehehe

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

My SO once used Mane 'n tail on her hair and it made it soft and shiny, she also used the conditioner that goes with it. Being a typical woman she buys different shampoo all the time but she was really pleased with that one.

For my skin this.....

rby-olay-total-effects-anti-aging-lotion-de.jpg

For the big head this...... clean shaven ........

For my other head down there this .....

and this ;)

kleenex.jpg

• Like 2

I scrub my entire body once a week with a homemade mix of organic olive and coconut oil, brown sugar and essential oils of my choice. It literally makes your skin glow, silky to touch, flawless and make it look 5 years younger. The oil nourishes your skin and the sugar scrubs it, while the essential oils bring a therapeutic effect.

I told this to one of my gent, and now to every visit this is our ritual to mutually scrub our body :) We go in my huge roman tub, light the candles and put Buddah Bar music in the background. The view of our bodies covered in oil under this subtle and warm light is quite exciting. The body-to-body massage is a pure delight! Once we are done, our skin is really sensitive from the exfoliation, which enhances every kisses and caresses. Mmmm!

My favorite essential oils for this type of sensual play are a mix of ylang-ylang, sandalwood, coriander, orange and black pepper.

• Like 5

I use Nivea for Men products. For shower gel, hair and balm for shaving. They mostly smell `clean` with just a hint of cologne that you need to be very close to smell. I`ve also used the Axe and American Crew products but generally find them too strong cologne wise and just not pleasant.

I try to moisturize with Aveeno daily as well.

Edited by nlwoodchuck
typo

I use a mixture of honey, avocado, whole egg and some olive oil. Mix all together. Place a plastic shower cap on and wrap your hair in a warm towel for about 20 minutes. Rinse and add a small amount of conditioner for a fresh scent.

Lush is my all time favorite place. Bath bombs with Shea butter. I use the bath bombs once a week, for a relaxing bath with candles.

I also use the lush moisturizers. I find the moisturizers really have staying power and they smell pretty too.

Here are the bath bombs

http://www.lush.ca/Bath-Bombs/bath-bombs,en_CA,sc.html

Here are the moisturizers.

http://www.lush.ca/Body-Lotions/body-lotions,en_CA,sc.html

Plus did I say they are against animal testing.

http://www.lush.ca/Still-Fighting-Against-Animal-Testing/about-animal-introduction,en_CA,pg.html

Just an interesting link about Shea butter.

http://www.lush.ca/on/demandware.store/Sites-LushCA-Site/en_CA/Blog-Posts?cid=article_making-shea-butter

I've always had somewhat of an interest in skin care.I Had an esthetics business for a while but have learned that alot of products that are marketed towards women and now men are alot of hoopla. The only products that can really improve the look and texture of your skin are vitamin c and retain a-vitamin a. You can make your own toner by mixing vit c powder-has to be ascorbic acid and distilled water. Retin a cream is a perscripition product but worth the bother. Really any other cream is just that a cream which you don't have to spend alot on to get a good one. I also believe in dry brushing your body before showering, helps to improve circulation and remove dead skin. Olive oil can also be a good moisturizer. What you put inside your body will also be reflected on your skin and hair, sugar is a real skin destroyer. For hair care I like a product line called euphora, I don't know alot about hair products but these seem to work well on my hair so I continue using them. Another product line that is a little cheaper but also very good is the moroccan oil products.

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 1

Plain old soap and water, (ivory soap) for washing

No shampoo...you need a head of hair to warrant using shampoo

Noxzema shaving cream for shaving, both whiskers, my head, and down there

RG

I like the Moore Mud bath collection for the bath and body. I've tried many bath products and find a mud bath to be the best I've experienced for my skin and overall well being. I've shared in this bath with guests from time to time and have been told it's relieved them from pain as well. My favorite is the pine with it's intoxicating scent and the mud is much fun to get dirty clean with.

I've tried many hair products and have realized more expensive is not better. I'm now a fan of anything from Loreal as it cleans and makes my hair much softer. I have long mid back hair that tends to be more fragile. I'm currently using Arginine Resist from Loreal.

For my beauty routine inside out I take Genuine Health Greens plus daily glow for skin care and Nutricap for my hair care. Plus lots of water keeps my skin hydrated.

• Like 1