Did You know

Often, as a put down when someone does something stupid, he/she gets referred to as a nimrod

Well nimrod in fact means mighty hunter...so it's more a compliment, especially if said to outdoorsmen, especially hunters

RG

The saguaro cactus found in the Sonoran Desert in Arizona can live over 150 years. It can grow up to 60 feet high and doesn't start to grow arms until it's 75 years old. Theft or destruction of these plants is punishable by up to 45 months in prison!

The largest known living organism in the world (to date) is a honey mushroom that lives under Oregon in the USA. It is over 2,200 acres in size, and still growing!

• Like 2

Guest funstuff4you (Closed Accou

Did you know that cars are considered to be robots?

Did you know....

The female praying mantis bites off the males head during mating....

(Nothing says I love you like canibalism)

I almost spit out my coffee reading this ha, ha, ha. The sadistic side of me is coming out, lol.

I don't know how I know this but the black widow spider eats the male after matting. That's got to be one sexy spider if the male is willing to die for a piece, big smile.

Did you know....

The female praying mantis bites off the males head during mating....

(Nothing says I love you like canibalism)

Still not as badass as a mantis shrimp. I'd tell you all about them, but Matthew Inman has already done it way better than I ever could, so... over to him.

This is the end... you'll have to follow the link to see why they're so spectacularly awesome.

mantis_shrimp2_7.png

• Like 2

Napoleon Dynamite did not invent the Liger.

ligerej9.jpg

Ligers are actually the progeny of a male lion and a tigress - and are the largest feline in the world.

liger1.jpg

Tigons are the progeny of male tigers and a lioness - and can achieve a great size but are generally smaller than ligers.

tigon-java.jpg

Who said mixed marriages can't work?

• Like 1

Did you know that the Tiger Muskellunge (or Tiger Muskie) is not a natural fish species but is born from inbreeding between a Northern Pike and a Muskellunge...usually a male northern pike and female muskellunge

Tiger Muskie are sterile and as a species do not reproduce

and

Did you know the oldest operating restaurant in the United States is in Boston, and called Ye Olde Union Oyster House, operating as a restaurant since 1826

RG

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

Did you know?

Some people refer to the Koala as a Koala Bear. Although it looks like a small bear, the Koala is a marsupial mammal.

Tiger Muskie are sterile and as a species do not reproduce

Like tigons and ligers. Which, technically, means they aren't a species...

And is also proof that the parents are separate species; even though they can breed and produce offspring, those offspring are always sterile. If the offspring weren't sterile, that'd mean the parents were actually the same species!

• Like 1

Newfoundland was the first part of what is now Canada to be explored by Europeans, but the last to become a province, in 1949

RG

• Like 1

The Mona Lisa... arguably the most famous painting in the history of.... like, ummmm.... EVER has one little detail that no one EVER talks about.

Take a close look.

Mona-Lisa-Duckface-1.jpg

Okay... other than her duckface and iPhone....

She has no eyebrows!!!

In the renaissance, it was common practice for women to shave em off!!!!

• Like 1

Did you know that Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" has been misinterpreted for years?

The actual lyrics have been found and explained, below:

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

Did you know the Great Barrier Reef, in all it's beauty and might, was actually a forest that was flooded only 20,000 years ago? Many thought it was much older and did not know how it came to be...

No can't blame him.lol.

Did you know that unless [insert word here] is mixed with saliva, you can't taste it?

I presume the missing word is either food or genitalia. In either case, lack of saliva can be a problem.

• Like 1

Did you know that among the first Americans to join the Royal Air Force and help in the Battle of Britain was "Shorty" Keough. At 4'10" tall, he was the shortest pilot in the RAF, requiring several cushions to see out of his cockpit. It is possible that "Shorty" was responsible for the term Fighter Jock, or in his case Fighter Jockey.

• Like 1

Did you know that the IBM company back in the seventies didn't think there was a market for computers in homes?

• Like 1