Did You know

... that there is a difference between being out of shape and being over weight? I learned that today and can't help but think it is good to know.... seems I am able to now cross both off my list of things to accomplish :)

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

Did you know more than 2,500 left-handed people are killed every year by using equipment meant for right-handed people.

I'm left-handed and I almost kill myself every time I use scissors!!!!

Additional Comments:

Here's another fun one ... Did you know the very first webcam was created in Cambridge to check the status of a coffee pot.

A recent study found the average golfer walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found golfers drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a Year.

That means, on average, golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud -- makes you feel almost like a hybrid. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

Did you know the drummer for Bruno Mars' band "The Hooligans" is actually his brother Eric Hernandez? Bruno Mars was born Peter Gene Hernandez.

I saw Bruno Mars in concert last year. He is an awesome performer!

EricHernandez-01_forum_embed.jpg

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

Did you know that a computer Keyboard can carry more than 200 times as many bacteria as a toilet seat.

It's time to clean those keyboards people! lol

Guest D***el B***e

Did you know the law of supply and demand applies here too:

The law of demand states that, if all other factors remain equal, the higher the price of a good, the less people will demand that good. In other words, the higher the price, the lower the quantity demanded. The amount of a good that buyers purchase at a higher price is less because as the price of a good goes up, so does the opportunity cost of buying that good. As a result, people will naturally avoid buying a product that will force them to forgo the consumption of something else they value more.

Just a thought ...

That there are some companions that offer their time for benefits beyond popularity and financial gain. So supply and demand for them is irrelevant:)

Guest D***el B***e

Did you know ... NASA engineers asked Sally Ride, the first American woman in space, if 100 tampons was the right number for her 7-day trip to space.

Guest S****r
Did you know ... NASA engineers asked Sally Ride, the first American woman in space, if 100 tampons was the right number for her 7-day trip to space.

I guess those engineers must have been men? lol

Guest D***el B***e

Did you know: If you have a pizza with radius Z and thickness A, its volume is =

Pi*Z*Z*A

Did you know a "Giffen good" violates the law of demand? For such goods and services demand goes up as price increases and goes down when price goes down. The effect is based on its utility to the consumer rather than "supply". For example, in Japan a bottle of CC whiskey used to be considered a very prestigious gift and sales reflected this. When exchange rate changes effectively dropped its price, sales fell as its perceived value as a gift declined....

Did you know: If you have a pizza with radius Z and thickness A, its volume is =

Pi*Z*Z*A

Interesting to look at a pizza as a cylinder! :icon_smile:

I look at a pizza as a yummy thing to eat! lol..

Did you know that the BMI (Body Mass Index) is calculated as Weight in kilograms/(Height in metres)2

so it is essentially a measure of one's body "pressure" in units of kilograms/square metre?

Might want to rethink eating that pizza cylinder!

Don't worry about BMI. It was made up by insurance companies in the 50ies to make sure that employees in big corporations would not cost any money to their rich Board of Directors and other executives. With BMI, anybody becomes obese very quickly... Silly, and insane. Totally unhealthy!

• Like 1

The five engines in the first stage of the Saturn V moon rocket together produced 215 million horsepower. It had a mileage of about five inches per gallon (of kerosene burned).

a B-25 crashed into the Empire State Building. The accident did not compromise the building's structural integrity, but it did cause fourteen deaths (three crewmen and eleven people in the building) and damage estimated at $1,000,000 ($13,000,000 in 2014 dollars).[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-25_Empire_State_Building_crash

The common measure of a quantity of wine in the middle ages was the "butt". A "butt"load of wine, a large cask, was approximately 126 gallons or 475 litres.

That everything known about "Atlantis" comes from a page written by the Greek philosopher Plato in the Socratic dialogue Timaeus which may be either a parable or a history?

Did you know that giving the middle finger comes from the ancient "Egyptian Empire"?

During the Egyptian Empire one small group that had ties with the Empire was approached by the Empire and an agreement was made.

The Empire said that if the small group did not attack them the Empire in turn would leave them alone.

One day this small group broke their agreement and attacked the Empire.

The Empire won this battle but did not kill the small group. Since during that time battles were fought largely with bows and arrows the Empire cut off the middle fingers of all males that were part of this small group.

Later, as a reminder of what happened when the small group attacked them, whenever the Empire would ride by this small group they would extend their arms and hold out their middle finger. .l..

Did you know that ADHD is a different brain pattern, not a trouble?

People with ADHD tend to have a lot more cerebral activities than said "regular" people. Their brains is always racing and they don't have much control over their thoughts. It is actually this brain hyperactivity that creates the physical hyperactivity, when present, and the attention deficits. Try to focus when you constantly have 30 concious ideas in your head!

Because their brain is working so hard all the time on multiple subjects at a time, people with ADHD will usually have a better overview of a situation and find solutions to problems that nobody would have thought about before. It is also causing those constant subjects moving and at the same time the "popping" of random ideas.

They will also have trouble to explain you their ideas in a clear structured way, but it is simply because they are already thinking about their next idea. They will find the answer to a problem quicker than most, but don't ask them for the solution ;)

Finally, a group of people with ADHD can have a conversation together without anyone around being able to follow a single bit of it. It's pretty cool to feel like you're part of a secret community with encrypted communication lol

• Like 4