Viewing another members profile.

Guest realnicehat

I was just having a look at my profile page when I noticed that of my 10 most recent visitors 8 of them were other guys. I was quite surprised to see this. It's not that I expected the ladies have all been rushing to check me out. I was quite surprised to have even had 10 visitors.

Of course I understand that we men often look at the ladies profiles and photos, and that they of course check out ours as a means of vetting potential clients.

I don't often look at another man's profile. If my name appears in your list it is likely that my large fumbly fingers have clicked upon your handle rather than the thread you've started.

There are a lot of men on here whose posts I enjoy but I've never really felt the need to learn more about them. So I'm wondering, as a guy, what makes you check out another dudes profile? Are you thinking to yourself "who is this idiot"? Just following up on his post history? Determining credibility? Or do all of you have the same clumsy fingers I do?

RNH

I'm new on this forum but on others if I like someones post or even if in violent disagreement I sometimes use the link to see other posts they have done and sometimes click view profile by mistake.

Guest webothscore

I too do not check out other guys' profile, unless by accidental button pushing, but that said, no biggie if the reverse happens. I am curios now. Maybe I will check who visited. As a client, I rarely do that. Also, I am doing this so that I can procrastinate like others are doing on another recent thread :) some will understand that remark ;)

Guest realnicehat

Question: If you click someones name and then underneath click "see all posts by" do you appear as having visited their profile?

I have learned that this is the case when you view pictures in the newest pics gallery.

Guest webothscore

I would think the moment you click on a name, you are viewing the overall profile. If I am wrong, somebody will clarify. Enjoy the profiles!

Guest realnicehat
I would think the moment you click on a name, you are viewing the overall profile. If I am wrong, somebody will clarify. Enjoy the profiles!

Testing a theory. I clicked your name and then viewed your post history without going to your profile. Does my name appear in your visitors list?

I don't often bother looking at other guys accounts, but there are times when I do as a means of checking on someones credibility. If I see a reco on a previously unreviewed lady, and I don't recognize the poster, I like to know that they have a bit of a post history before I give too much weight to their reco. If they are brand new, it could be a shill account of some sort invented simply to promote that lady.

• Like 1

When you drop down under their name, and see the "view all posts by this member", it does not show you viewing their posts. However, if you click on "view their profile", it shows on their page you peeked...

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Guest B**na***oy

I also fall in the clumsy fingers category. If your a guy and I visited your profile, it's normally because I hit the wrong key accidentally. The only time I will go to a guy's profile, is to leave a message in his guess book.

I don't know if its because I'm a new member or not, but my profile only shows how many visitors, not who visited the profile

First, I receive pm's from local members looking for information about a specific lady that I've seen in the past. Unless I recognize the member as someone I know on the board (that is, someone that I have exchanged information with, in the past, or is a long time reputable member), I will check out their profile to see what their posting history might be, and so on.

While I tend to share quite a bit of detail with members in private, I will not do so with those that are unknown to me.

The other reason that I might check you out, is if you have asked me to add you as a member to a couple of private social groups that I run. In that case, it should be no surprise that I'd be looking at your profile.

Guest ChantalSummers

Although I'm not a guy I can speak about why I like to browse other ladies profiles. Being new to cerb and loving it I just like to get to know all the members and learn what other people's views are. And yes of course the pictures are very yummy too. I'm into trying out different photographers from time to time. So I like to get a feel for different styles and seek opportunities to meet other photographers. Also I thoroughly enjoy learning more about this industry and meeting new people. Sometimes if I have seen an interesting intriguing post from someone I like to check out their profile and view other posts .

Lots of reasons:

Checking out newbies sometimes, or people I've met the odd time I'm in chat.

Responding to pm's, and trying to get a sense of the person who's asked me a question

Social group invitations

Mostly, keeping in touch with my friends on here, or thanking them for rep points, recommendations, good posts, etc.

• Like 3

Doesn't this also apply for us ladies. At times I look at other sp's profiles, and get paranoid she thinks I'm being a creeper.

• Like 1

In addition to those mentioned by Cato, I visit a guy's profile for the following reasons;

- when I read someone's recommendation, I'd like to read a bit more about him to decide if I could rely on his reco. or not

- responding to his comments on my posts and to see if we share similar taste and if we could be friends

- responding to his message left on my profile page

On that matter, once I visited a guy's profile because of his comments on a SP whom I had seen before, he got so excited ( and in my mind, a bit hostile) that he questioned my reasons for visiting his profile page. It turned out that he was a newbie and I think he was on a learning curve. To me, I have no problem whenever someone (male or female) decides to visit my profile page.

• Like 4

Hey I read lots and lots of profiles.... men's and women's....thats why they are public so people can read them...ok now why...

- seen their posts so I want to know more about them

- Saw their name on my profile

- Saw their name on the page of a friend or a lady that I am interested in.

But mainly because I am a nosey bastard

• Like 3

Sometimes I check to see who has visited my profile and I click on their profile

Sometimes someone who I don't know (new member lets say) gave me rep points/thanks/nomination, and I check their profile

I also if sending a PM/Visitor Message may pull up the member's profile to send the PM/Visitor Message

And sometimes based on posts made, I click on the members profile.

Finally, this isn't for me about a guy checking another guy's profile, more like one CERBite checking another CERBite's profile, for I look at the ladies profiles too

I believe for those who don't want their profile seen, they can go into their control panel to restrict who sees it

RG

• Like 1

Especially the part of the "sense of the person" who has asked myself many questions in a pm, then look to see what he has offered back to the board over his time frame.

Or the gent that has written a recommendation to get a sense/understanding of that gentleman.

Lots of reasons:

Checking out newbies sometimes, or people I've met the odd time I'm in chat.

Responding to pm's, and trying to get a sense of the person who's asked me a question

Social group invitations

Mostly, keeping in touch with my friends on here, or thanking them for rep points, recommendations, good posts, etc.

• Like 1

So I'm wondering, as a guy, what makes you check out another dudes profile?

Generally, I don't look at guys profiles, the exceptions are the ones others have already stated.

Perhaps some of the guys visiting your profile thought you might have a nice ass and were hoping to find some pictures of it in your photo album :)

Guest realnicehat
Generally, I don't look at guys profiles, the exceptions are the ones others have already stated.

Perhaps some of the guys visiting your profile thought you might have a nice ass and were hoping to find some pictures of it in your photo album :)

Well then, I apologize to those I've kept waiting. Here you go:

8104032995_3d15b7fcf3_z.jpg

And here's my profile for everyone to view

jm2.jpg

All in fun...just my avatar turned sideways LOL

RG