Many years ago, my girlfriend woke me up early to drive her to work. After I dropped her off, I noticed I needed gas so I went to the PetroCanada on King Edward to fill up. I went in to pay and reached into my back pocket to pull out my wallet. It wasn't there. Neither was my back pocket. I was still wearing my pajama bottoms.

• Like 1

About a year ago..

Going to a retailer to do a full day contractor show event...

- get up - shit-shower-shave > check

- dress with company shirt and dress pants > check

- grab briefcase > check

- wallet / sunglasses / phone > check

hop in the car and blast...

arrive at the store...

look down i am still wearing crocks.......

AAaarrrggghh..

• Like 1

when my buddy lived in a ground floor apartment , I would drive around the half circle in front and pick him up at the end .

a couple years later he and his wife are moving into their newly purchased home , I had rented a U-Haul to help them move .

so I got a buddy with me going to their place to load up the truck and we are talking and I am just driving like always . I go up the half circle driveway and SMASH ! sheared off a quarter of the roof of the truck when I ran into the canopy by the front entrance .

the superintendant was cool about it , he said " it's just wood " . we went ahead with the move , I returned the truck , U-Haul office was closed by time I brought it back so just dropped the keys in the mail slot .

I was smart enough to sign up for the insurance while renting the truck . one phone call later to explain what happened , and that was it for that moment stupidity .

• Like 1

"Jack. This is where we first met"

That has to be one of the stupidest movie quotes ever...the Titanic is sinking, and that is what the girl has to say. How that movie ever floated (pun intended) I don't know

Never saw the movie before and ran through the channels tonight, Titanic was on that was the scene...stupid for me watching, 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back

RG :-)

• Like 1

A week after I had got the keys to my first car I went to the grocery store. After I picked up all my groceries, I did what I had always done after I picked up my groceries ....... I walked home.

10 blocks later I get home and my room-mate asks me why I came in in the front door when our parking is in the back. I can only imagine what my face looked like when it finally dawned on my what I had done. I can still hear his howling laugh.

• Like 5

Guest c**io**m7

About 15 years ago or so...the first time I quit smoking, I had a craving for cheese cake so went to the grocery store and purchased a frozen Sara Lee cherry cheesecake.

At home, it wouldn't come out of the foil so I decided to cut a piece while in the foil still. I held the cake in my left hand and pulled the knife through the cake...the knife went through easier than I expected and I drove it to the hilt into my left arm. Stupid? Yes but, it gets even dumber...

I calmly put the cake on the counter and hold my arm over the sink thinking about how stupid I am...I turn on the water to wash the blood in the sink and proceed to pull the knife out of my arm. According to the doctor, that was more stupid than the initial accident but, he was amazed at how expertly I pulled it out...even though it was a serrated paring knife, I did not cause any extra damage.

So I wasn't paying attention and I went on the escalator going the wrong way. Well my first step was fine until I stopped and went backwards hitting the end of the escalator, only to fall back on my ass. I think my face turned as red as my shirt.

• Like 1

We all have our moments and we can blame them on a myriad of reasons, carelessness, in a hurry, stress, simply not paying attention, etc. What have you done lately that you'd call stupid:)

my latest was pulling the mirror off my car backing out of a car wash, lol.

OMG i kind of did the same thing, I was in the car wash and somehow lost my front licence plate....thankfully i visit that gas station often, so I was able to get my plate back lol

• Like 1

Did something stupid this weekend, was planning on having a BBQ, started the BBQ and left it to heat up, looked back a few minutes later and noticed the BBQ was engulfed in flames.

Turns out I had left the BBQ brushes on the warming rack. Duhhhh... what a mess, the plastic handles had completely melted and was burning. Turned the BBQ off and poured water on the mess. Fun time cleaning everything.

• Like 1

one day i accidentally pured the dish liquid into my dishwasher. I mistakenly though, liquid had already put in, so how bad it can be? Then started the machine.

After 5 mins, dishwasher changed to one pop-corn machine. A mound of bubbles squirted from the washer onto the floor. after i almost spent 3 hours to clean the mess......

The lesson, some stupidities shouldn't repeat, but try once sometimes like me, it still has alot fun......

I took this one to a new level several years ago. I ran out of dish washer detergent so what the hell, I'll just use laundry detergent. After spending a few hours cleaning up the foamy disaster I had the bright idea to phone the local appliance repair guy who lived close by to come and fix it. Needless to say after his barely concealed laughter stopped and he explained the differences between the two detergents, I felt like the idoit of the year.

• Like 2

Years ago, I had a propane BBQ. Brand name was something like "Delecto", but I nicknamed it: "Destructo"...for a very good reason.

Decided to burn some kind of dead carcass one evening, so I went and turned-on the tap at the propane bottle end. Discovered I didn't bring the matches, so I had to go back inside to look for them. Took about 5min before I found them buried behind a pile of crap in the kitchen cupboard.

Went outside again, struck a match, lifted the lid and stuck the match inside one of the lighter holes. I got my face nice and close to the BBQ so I could see what I was doing....and that's when I noticed that the burner taps had been left in the ON position. The BBQ had been filling up with propane while I was looking for the damn matches!

I just had time to mutter to myself "Holy Shiii..." WOOOF!!

The resulting explosion caused the BBQ lid to fly open & I got an instant tan and hair curl. All the hair on my forehead got nice & crispy. I completely lost all the hair in my nose - and don't get me started about the moustache! Eyebrows & lashes got it too.

All I could smell for a week was burned hair. Yuck!

• Like 1

There was a time in my life when I had trouble avoiding parking meters. I could not walk down the street in the spring time without walking into them. This would happen at least once or twice a day. I was easily distracted by women walking down the other side of the street. (Shorts, short skirts, tank tops & tube tops). Thankfully I grew out of that. Or rather, I learned how to notice them and walk at the same time. ;)

Back in the late 1980's I was involved in a car accident with the same lady three times - three different parts of town - over a three month period. The first time she was backing out of her driveway; the second time she failed to stop for a stop sign; the third time I was parked and she drove into me. I think she may have had a thing for By-law Officers as it was a company car I was driving each time she hit me. Even though I was never found to be at fault, I gave up driving for my own safety.

Back in the mid 1990's I was working as a Security Guard. It was the night shift. I caught a man trying to break into an office. I challenged him and he threw me down a flight of stairs. I called for help on the radio and gave pursuit. I was met up by a k-9 Police Officer and his dog. We chased the suspect down an alley. The Police Officer yelled at me to freeze. I guess I did not freeze fast enough and the Police dog bit me in the ass. Then the dog ran off and did the same to the suspect. Only this time the dog did not let go. The suspect lost his pants.... and went to jail for B&E and assault. The police dog and I became good friends.

I was out with a friend of mine. I needed a book for work so we stopped by a book store. I found the book I needed. We got talking and left the store. A few blocks later I realised that I forgot to pay for the book. We went back to the store to pay for it. The store manager was fine with that. But then she started laughing. The book was the Criminal Code of Canada.

• Like 1

Experimenting with hard on drugs and went a little too far I looked like a fuck monster with red eyes, the sweats and a baseball like hard on.

• Like 1

Guest R**3*9

First, every time I post something or worse still, every PM or e-mail I send to the special ladies of CERB. You're all very patient...LOL

Specifically, I often make cereal in the morning when I'm half awake. This particular activity often leads to me putting the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard....getting to be a bad habit...

So very much wasted milk....and surprisingly fresh cereal !!!...LOL

Two weeks ago I was in Las Vegas. But that was not the stupid part, that comes later. The day before we were scheduled to depart I noticed my credit card case was missing! Shift to high alert, worked the phones and cancelled credit and debit cards, major hassle but at least I was safe from rip off artists. Fast forward one week. Emptied our my carry-on travel bag and what did I find? Yep the aforementioned card case was hiding under a pair of used boxers. Doh! Well I guess better safe than sorry, but do I ever feel stupid!

• Like 3

Excessive drinking and Binge drinking: We have all done it at some point in our lives. Some of us continue doing it through out our lives. We spend lots of money doing it. We suffer the consequences over and over again. Yet we never seem to learn. We know the health risks involved and yet we do it anyway.

For me, it is often the same time every year. It is usually for just one day or a weekend. Then I have nothing to drink for the rest of the year.

Where do we learn these habits? Is it from our parents or our pears? Is it a subconscious effort to suppress painful memories from our past?

• Like 1

I'm at an airport terminal waiting for my flight and decide to get a latte..I grab a bottle of water and some munchie banana cake! I have my purse, carry on and laptop...so I put my bottle of water in my carry-on grab my cake and leave...E few minutes later I'm sitting down eating my cake and realized i had left my coffee somewhere...didnt remember where lol...so went back and asked 2 diff employee to finally find my coffee sitting on a counter...looked pretty stupid :icon_redface:

BJ

• Like 1

I was talking on my cell phone, while panicking looking through my purse because I thought I had lost it. What is even better is that I was saying to my friend that I had lost my phone and she was getting me to re trace my steps instead of realizing, I was talking on my phone. It was a special moment.

Brooklyn

• Like 2

How about forgetting to put your cup in the tassimo and walking away. Coffe everywhere, wouldn't think one cup of coffee could be so much.

Happen to come across a lady (could've been a guy) in the grocery store parking lot, she couldn't unlock her door. Battery dead in her FOB. I asked, did you try the key, right then the red cheeks and the head shacking told me what she though hand must've looked like to a total stranger. Technology, what happens when it doesn't work? We forget the old way of doing things, manually. ;)

• Like 1