Do you think that Aphrodisiac's work.

An aphrodisiac is a substance that increases sexual desire.[1][2] The name comes from Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of sexuality and love. Throughout history, many foods, drinks, and behaviors have had a reputation for making sex more attainable and/or pleasurable. However, from a historical and scientific standpoint, the alleged results may have been mainly due to mere belief by their users that they would be effective (placebo effect). In particular, Western medical science has no substantiated claims that any particular food increases sexual desire or performance.[3][dead link]

Some well know foods are:

asparagus

ALMONDS

AVOCADO

BANANAS

BASIL

CHOCOLATE

FIGS

GARLIC

OYSTERS

HONEY

What other foods are considered aphrodisiacs and work for you?

Well oysters for example are not really per se an aphrodisiac, it's that oysters contain zinc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1486054/Raw-oysters-really-are-aphrodisiacs-say-scientists-and-now-is-the-time-to-eat-them.html

Possibly other foods contain vitamins and minerals beneficial for men's sexual health, but it's the food itself that gains a reputation for being an aphrodisiac

RG

Guest c**io**m7

The best aphrodisiac is the warm touch of a passionate and sensual member of the opposite sex...no food can compare.

Guest K***e D****ls

I don't really buy into foods being an aphrodisiac- alcohol however! hahaha

Seriously though, for me it's in the mind. If I know my partner appreciates me and thinks I'm sexy and wants me, it in turn makes me feel sexy. That's the turn on for me.

Some of the foods are sexy though: dripping honey on a lover and licking it off, chocolate can accompany wine or port (I'm looking at you, Touch!) and oysters are known for resembling vaginas. Not to mention they're delicious too! ;)

I have never eaten anything in particular that I can say in particular aroused my sexual desires. I am horny when I feel good and feel good when I'm horny:) I don't believe in aphrodisiacs and being an animal advocate, I especially dislike the eastern beliefs, such as using bear gall bladder juice, tiger penis, rhino horn, the list goes on and on. There is no science behind any of it, more of a "if you believe it" it'll work . I think if you eat a healthy diet then your body will work as it should. Some of us are apparently able to have more or less sex than others, and that's the way different bodies function. To sum up, eat a healthy, well balanced diet and you'll get aroused when and where you're supposed to:)

• Like 2

Interesting that bananas are on the list, because they are also well known for helping you fall asleep. Eating a banana before bedtime can help with drowsiness. So not sure how helpful it would be as an aphrodesiac, unless being relaxed is the goal and purpose of it being on the list lol

Any other suggestions?

Nope No new suggestions.... Just as has been mentioned already.....need a big bucket of messy fucking oysters and then end up fucking. Horny mess. Good times.

Well, looking at that list of foods, some that jump out (for me anyway) as a hell no are asparagus (makes my pee stink), bananas and figs (make me fart) so those things would make the experience worse because it would make me nervous. Nothing worse than being in the middle of coitus and have a loud fart come out the other end or worse yet, during 69, omg, omg, omg.:icon_eek:

In all seriousness though, I think it is nothing more than a placebo effect. Oysters have never really done a thing for me as far as enhancing the desire or experience.

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

These placebos? We need stronger placebos!! (Simpsons)

The history of aphrodisiacs is nearly three millennia long, and the evidence is terribly short.

Passion is the strongest aphrodisiac. Period. Bar none. Eliminate the thins that impede it and encourage the things that support it

An aphrodisiac is the last thing I need. *facepalm* God help me if I accidentally ate one. lol

As for bananas, perhaps its not the eating of bananas that gets a guy going but giving the banana to his partner to enjoy and the sight of that would probably do it... although the biting of said banana might... hmmmm guess it depends on the person. :-)

• Like 1

Guest ****emb******n

What about horse meat? One night we went out for supper and I ordered a steak made of horse meat and my libido increased that night. Was it just a coincidence? Or is there something in that type of meat?

Horse meat actually makes a LOT of sense. Red meat is often accredited as such and horse meat is extremely high in protein, iron, zinc and vitamin K all of which r linked to that. Ive never had horse steak, Id imagine it would be very tough no? I used to only eat ground horse (no ground beef or pork) back in my weight lifting days where a pizza wasn't allowed within 100 yards of my mouth lol . It was VERRRY good, dark red and extremely lean. Imagine ground meat that sticks to the pan like cheese if you don't add oil or butter and that is so lean, even using such doesn't leave a drop of grease behind. Tasty and lean as hell. As for libido increase well... Ive got a really healthy one so I wouldn't have noticed a difference since Im already nuts lol

• Like 2

I know of no scientific evidence that any substance is truly an aphrodisiac, but you are what you think. Since the erotic really exists between the ears then if you convince yourself that something stimulates you then go for it. There are many ways to create a mood: lighting, music etc. Sharing food and drink naturally create a connection in many settings so it can be great part of setting the mood, but I think it is in the mind only, but that does not mean it is less beneficial.

• Like 1

They do and they don't- placeebo effect.

A lot of them, Spanish fly in particular, can have some VERY nasty side effects.

Spanish fly is make from the chemicals blister beetles excrete, Cantharidin, which is how you get warm and 'swollen' down there when consumed.

It's also how the beetles burn holes into things and defeat their enemies. In humans, the chemical is used to remove warts, and it's also known to cause blisters on flesh, hence the name 'blister beetle'.

I'd suggest doing whatever makes you feel sexy instead; food, lingerie, music, massage, masturbation before a date, fabulous hair, and a lovely scent ( if it's appropriate for your client and you can change the sheets after if you have another date.)

The mind is a powerful thing. If eating chocolate, strawberries or oysters sexes you up then go for it, technically it works.

-Chloe.

• Like 1