Bringing Flowers Appropriate

I am off to an appointment tomorrow with someone who just recently got over the dreaded holiday illness, and I thought that bringing flowers would be thoughtful. Would I look too much like I was begging for extras, or would it be looked at in the spirit in which it is intended?

• Like 5

I think its a nice gesture from your part :)

I am off to an appointment tomorrow with someone who just recently got over the dreaded holiday illness, and I thought that bringing flowers would be thoughtful. Would I look too much like I was begging for extras, or would it be looked at in the spirit in which it is intended?
  • Like 1

I think you are over-thinking this, not once has someone brought me a gift, card or made a gesture of some sort and my immediate reaction was "he's doing it to curry favour" I simply assume they are doing it to be nice.

We share an intimate moment with the people we meet, often they get to know us quite well and we get to know them. It's actually quite odd because in some instances I know ladies don't even know the names of their clients yet you know their bodies, you often know what their daily stresses are and you know a good deal about their dreams, goals and personal fantasies as well. There is intimacy in that and it's not at all unusual that someone will provide a token of appreciation for that relationship,or a gift to wish someone well when they have taken ill, it's normal to show concern for those around you.

I would be surprised to think any lady automatically assumed you were trying to use that token to leverage her for more than she might usually offer.

The only thing I will say is that for some companions flowers can be uncomfortable to receive simply because they are not always discreet, if she sees a number of men on any given day then a person walking into her room with a bouquet of flowers might be conspicuous. Take that into account and consider her personal situation, does she have a private entrance, would that be a concern for her?

Personally I love having fresh flowers in my room, though I only host when travelling so they need to come with a vase, but not every lady does. Tea, a gift card for a pedicure, or even some nice candles might be easier to hide in a little bag if discretion matters.

I am sure she'll appreciate it.

• Like 8

Flowers are a welcome treat... in the right circumstances.

One thing you have to keep in mind is this: Do you know her well enough to give them?

Flowers are a very visible gesture... and if given to someone who can display them appropriately, can brighten a day immensely.

BUT...

1. Flowers in winter are problematic. They suffer greatly in the transport to and from the appointment. Cold weather is a bad time to give flowers.

2. Some providers just can't take them. If you lead a secret life, you can't accept overt gifts. Flowers have to be displayed or discarded... and if you can't display them, you have to throw them out or give them away.

3. Some flowers are very fragrant and there are people with issues with excessive fragrances.

4. Travelling providers aren't in town for long - and vases are too fragile for luggage and take up a lot of space.

5. Bacon sandwiches make better gifts. Alright, so do perfume, chocolates, wine, small pieces of jewellery, and a lovely financial tip - all of which can be appreciated and kept far more easily than flowers.

Just a few thoughts from a hopeless romantic....

• Like 3

Guest S****r
Flowers are a welcome treat...

Bacon sandwiches make better gifts.

Just a few thoughts from a hopeless romantic....

LOL you made me laugh!

I love it when a client brings flowers. I have never once thought he was trying to curry favours of any kind.

I say--go for it!

:-)

I wouldn't because of potential allergies ..... without asking at least.... and when I gift I like to surprise.

As an experimenting type a fella tho .... and I do make wine.... I may show up with some darn fine dandelion wine someday ladies ;)

So sweet, who doesn't like a guy holding a flower when you open the door, HOT! for me at least.

• Like 4

Although myself I haven't given flowers as a gift (not to say I don't give gifts, just not flowers) giving gifts IMHO is a thoughtful act for a client to do for a lady. Myself I give a gift and tip. It has nothing to do with an expectation of extras or curry favours. What it has to do with is it's a token of appreciation for the companionship a lady provides...and that companionship has a intangible value far exceeding the donation the lady asks for.

So give the lady flowers (if she isn't allergic to flowers) as a gift. It's a thoughtful act if given as a gift and just as a gift

My two cents

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

I have given flowers on many occasions. They have always been well-received. it's thoughtful, particularly if you know the lady has gone through a rough time.

Porthos

• Like 1

If giving flowers to a lady you are going to see, you should make sure she is working from home or is staying for a while if she is visiting. I know that if you ask before if she would appreciate flowers you are ruining the surprise but she may have allergies.

I had brought flowers one time to a lady working from her house on Valentines day and all she did was took them put them in the sink and never said thank you or any comments, this was the last time I ever did that. I show up with a bag on appointments and often carry some special "stuff" to use on dates and often will leave it there if the lady likes what I have.

Never expected the gift of flowers was meant to be anything more than a nice gesture by someone who just likes to do a little extra. Some guys are taught when young not to visit someone empty handed, it is an old custom that is not followed very often these days.

You won't be the first one to have thought of a thoughtful gift of flowers, and won't be the last one, so you don't need to worry about it being misinterpreted as a way to get extras.

• Like 2

You could check the lady's website (if she has one) and see if she has a section on gifts. That would give you an idea of what to bring. A safe alternate to flowers is a gift card and is thoughtful.

Good Luck

RG

I think it's sweet, thoughtful, and I say give them. I understand the reasons why some have said not to but, if it were me receiving them, you'd get a big hug and kiss;)

• Like 2

If your visiting the Lady at her place bring them, in the past year I happen to be visiting a certain Lady close to her Birthday plus another time close to Valentine's Day and I brought Yellow Roses both times, she appreciated them very much she knew they were a gift she accepted them with a very nice smile followed by a big thank you.She was also pleased that I remembered that she mentioned her favorite colour was Yellow.

Hey - besides the lady involved who may appreciate the guesture, it may also improve your experience just by the smile you see from the surprised look. It might be that it not only sets the mood for her, but has a significant affect for you in the overall experience.

So even if she doesn't care, it may matter to you. Go ahead, be a romantic, be a gentleman, it will make a more authentic date experience.

I actually list the flowers which prefer on my website and other ladies may do the same. Personally, I love flowers and I suspect that there are many other ladies who enjoy receiving flowers. Valerie

Well, no mention of what kinds of flowers she likes, but pictures of where she works have flowers there, so I feel safe in bringing some.

Guest P**aq

I usually start with a gift card that is suggested on her web site, but then when I get to know her better, I listen to things that she says she likes, be it a movie, a book, a hobby of some sort, then I like to surprise with something she has mentioned that she likes. I did buy flowers once, or I should say "flower" it was just one red rose.

I bought a lotto max worth 50 million as a tip and I have never seen an sp turn so red as she blushed. lol she didn't win

• Like 1

Guest P*rry

Flowers are a nice idea. I'm sure that they will be accepted in a positive spirit without wonders about your sincerity.

Sounds like it's a fairly safe bet.

But just in case you want a back-up in case she turns out to be allergic or you want to be unique, you could try for a laugh and bring:

Bag-of-Flour.jpg

On second thought, better listen to everyone else.

Sounds like it's a fairly safe bet.

But just in case you want a back-up in case she turns out to be allergic or you want to be unique, you could try for a laugh and bring:

Bag-of-Flour.jpg

On second thought, better listen to everyone else.

Don't laugh, i probably would be thrilled to get some flour. I received a bread machine for Xmas, and it is the one item you use a lot of and run out of first lol

• Like 1

Not in all. In fact, you would probably brighten her day further, as that is how I feel when I receive flowers. :) Most ladies love flowers because they are so pretty, smell wonderful and nice to look at. IMO-you cant go wrong-unless she has any related allergies.