It is nice to see all that laid out. Different sps have different thresholds for what they need to feel safe, but also some of that screening is to ensure the client is going to have a good time with us.

Sometimes being relaxed, which the sp feels after getting two references and knowing the real name of the client, ensures the client will have a better time. For myself, i am more relaxed after a phone conversation assures me that the client knows rates/restricitions/services, and my age/appearance.

• Like 2

Guest Miss Jane TG
Many SP's require certain information, or references, or that initial contacts be made thought email or by phone. But when I stop and think about it these wonderful ladies really don't have much info on which to base a decision that affects their personal safety.

Obviously guys lie about their name and other personal information... cell phones are a dime a dozen and references can't be a deal breaker all the time because all of us had to start with none at some point.

It might appear to you as little information, but they are more than sufficient.

Just think about a costumes' officer facing a long line of passengers. The average bystander might wonder how such an officer can sort out priorities. The experienced officers, for sure, do know how. Just by looking at the passengers' eyes!

It might appear to you as little information, but they are more than sufficient.

Just think about a costumes' officer facing a long line of passengers. The average bystander might wonder how such an officer can sort out priorities. The experienced officers, for sure, do know how. Just by looking at the passengers' eyes!

I hope you did not think I was being dismissive of the info or the process SP's use... I fully accept that it works for them and from what I can see is effective. I am way more impressed than dismissive.

The ladies do deserve our thanks, gratitude and appreciation. I remember every lady and encounter I've had since embarking on this lifestyle. It isn't every lady who can be a professional companion, so for those ladies who are, and provide a intimate escape, yes, a thank you is well deserved. I know seeing companions has brought a certain joy to my life.

And for a lady agreeing to see us after we initiate contact to her to have an encounter, her need for screening is understandable. Until we meet in person for the very first time, irrespective of emails, pm's etc, we are strangers. Screening is a case of the lady's safety and well being versus a man's privacy...well safety and well being trump privacy IMHO. And if privacy is an issue for a man, then contact and see a companion who requires less information from a potential client. Also screening allows a lady to determine if she and a potential client will be compatible or not

The lady wants as much as the potential client to have a good encounter and that will happen if both lady and gentleman are compatible

But for what the ladies do for us, again, they deserve our thanks, gratitude and appreciation

So I'll sign off here with a THANK YOU :-)

RG

• Like 5

This is very old and tiresome but if your discretion is important to you my safety doubles or triples that and more.

I am very understanding of all peoples needs but if you are not willing to give your information to be properly verified or have a good reference's its not just not worth me risking my safety.

Bp and the newspaper are sure bets for those types of clients and there has to be a lot of girls booking them or they wouldn't be so plentiful.Like you said, they are surprised when they contact someone who follows a more than reasonable booking process. I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting information from a potential client but in this business nothing is of a surprise anymore.

Sadly a lot of the hotel lines come up as a private number when a client uses his hotel phone. So not answering private calls, if you are wanting new clients, could be a loss for some.

• Like 3

When I screen, I can be particular.

I find that hotels here ask for the name of the person you are trying to connect to (the upscale ones), so I do ask for the name the room is booked under, otherwise I can't verify your actually there.

Safety is a huge concern to me, I use discretion, I'm not going to call your cell phone unless you ask me to, and I'm not going to get into random conversations with you, but providers have to give out lots of details, yet we don't get a lot of answers back to our questions.

I'm inviting you into my home sometimes, I want to know who's coming to me.

• Like 3

Life is a roll of the dice. This is not the only business where operators must trust clients to be sane. I trust a lot of people on their word in my business; since I'm a fairly good judge of character, most are fine, but the odd wacko manages to slip in. I can deal with the wackos myself, and as for the CERB ladies, I'm sure they have backup plans. ;-)

Yes, I'm happy that the CERB ladies are welcoming, but I'm sure they understand the risks and have prepared themselves accordingly.

• Like 2

Bp and the newspaper are sure bets for those types of clients and there has to be a lot of girls booking them or they wouldn't be so plentiful.Like you said, they are surprised when they contact someone who follows a more than reasonable booking process. I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting information from a potential client but in this business nothing is of a surprise anymore.

Sadly a lot of the hotel lines come up as a private number when a client uses his hotel phone. So not answering private calls, if you are wanting new clients, could be a loss for some.

With the papers i have advertised in, i usually have the least trouble with guys calling from the paper ads. They respect the hours posted in the ad, they don't ask for celphone pics, more pics, graphic pics, in fact they don't get any pics in the ads, and still manage to muddle their way thru the booking process and show up to have a good time. Online ad clients seem to have the devil of a time figuring stuff out lol.

The most common # blocker comes from the online ads, and also the callers using magic jack phones (ID shows at area code 239, for example) And they get pissy when you tell them to call from a real number, oh, they say I can't do that, i don't have a cel phone i can use, i can't use the hotel phone, or other nonsense. MJ callers have to prove to me that they are actually in Canada, BC, Vancouver area first and foremost, because 99% of the time they aren't.

I had someone call from the paper ad, I don't ask for but get his name showing up on his home ph, the # shows up, then again cel ph#, and name, and while here a complete rundown on his family history, i think he told me the names of his parents and sibling by the time he went home. Then you get the other guys who claim they can't phone, or if they are texting, they can't call, or they ignore your reply telling them they have to phone to talk to you, like its a big secret. The other big secret for some guys is telling you where they found the ad. Like I really can see them looking thru the computer, the camera automatically goes on and reveals them to me, uhuh.

• Like 5

I find this thread very interesting going forward with possible changes to prositution laws coming up. Screening will be huge, as I find more and more ladies are using a preferred method,their own site, or other sites that assist ladies for clients to be screened for their sole protection.

Regardless of what method the lady uses currently, I can see more requirement for stricter screening than it is now, that is just my opinion. I have absolutely no issue with giving proper screening methods from a provider, as it only makes the transition between both go so much smoother.

I use currently P411 for here in Canada and also used for the USA, I have a good number of "okays" on P411 and it works so well well when booking with a VIP courtesan may it be here in our country or in that fact another country.

If things change going forward, and guys don't want to give that information to a provider, guys could be SOL.

Just my take on it.

• Like 5

I am almost entirely incall based. I don't take on many clients, but I want to feel confident with the ones that I do. I found that other methods don't always work. For example, other providers are not always straightforward or forthcoming about their clients - at least, in this city! :icon_biggrin: Cell phones are untraceable, you know the drill.

I link my postings back to Linked In where possible. Most of my clients have postings on Linked In. You can spot the dodgy ones - no photo, few connections, ridiculous job. And of course, you can expand your screening research from there. If the guy at the door doesn't look like Mr. Linked In, you know what to do.

Of course, this is not for everybody. And it won't tell you about temprament or behaviour. But he will know that you know who he is, and that couts for something.

I like the comment earlier about trust. If he is forthcoming and not the kind to mock screening, the trust element goes up. After all. we wouldn't be in business long if we violated it, would we?

• Like 3

Guest Ou**or**n

I'm wondering how Bill C-36 will change screening. I know in the past that when asked I'd give my real world name and real cell number. Under Bill C-36 I imagine most gents will get hobby phones with SIM's all registered to Stephen Harper at 24 Sussex Drive. I also don't see them giving real-world names.

I imagine references and board reputation will be more important. I hope CERB and other boards are able to continue to exist.

I'm wondering how Bill C-36 will change screening. I know in the past that when asked I'd give my real world name and real cell number. Under Bill C-36 I imagine most gents will get hobby phones with SIM's all registered to Stephen Harper at 24 Sussex Drive. I also don't see them giving real-world names.

That won't really work when I call your hotel room to confirm your stay lol

Most hotels require the caller to ask for a guest by name (with the room number optional) ;)

Same for when I go for an outcall to a private residence... I need to be able to verify the information the gentleman provides me with. A real name is essential along with other accurate information.

I imagine references and board reputation will be more important. I hope CERB and other boards are able to continue to exist.

References have always been a big bonus for the ladies who screen and will definitely have much more value to the gentlemen when Bill C-36 becomes law.

Board reputation? Not so much as some people have very different online personas than their real life one...

• Like 1

Well for me it won't change. I trust the ladies I see or want to see with screening/verification information. They can be trusted with it

Now the government on the other hand, don't trust them at all

Professional companions have integrity, Stephen Harper, Peter MacKay, Joy Smith et al have none

But my lack of trust in the government doesn't mean I won't do my part to keep ladies safe...including being screened

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

Guest Ou**or**n
That won't really work when I call your hotel room to confirm your stay lol

Most hotels require the caller to ask for a guest by name (with the room number optional) ;)

Same for when I go for an outcall to a private residence... I need to be able to verify the information the gentleman provides me with. A real name is essential along with other accurate information.

My initial reaction is that this is an example where Bill C-36 would change things. Currently I would give my name however after the bill is passed I currently cannot see myself doing that (if I continue at all).

Each and every lady of course will implement whatever screening they require to be comfortable. Every gent also has every right to give as much information as he is comfortable with providing. I know my comfort level will be different after this bill is passed.

Once the Bill C-36 becomes law the game changes big time. There's already been some folks who have moved on in anticipation and coming into the later fall more SP's and clients alike will fade away.

Nothing is forever.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Keep in mind down in the United Stated where prostitution is illegal (for the most part) high end upscale (for lack of a better phrase) companions/courtesans, whatever term you like employ screening/verification, it doesn't seem to be an issue

And one could always join a verification site (ie Date Check, SP411 etc, if they prefer)

Right now, there is fear of the unknown. But and just my opinion, should gentlemen stick with reputable companions here, there shouldn't be a problem. Avoid places like Backpage, CL and most definitely streetcorners

Anyhow, a rambling

RG

• Like 3

The way I screen is almost entirely on my intuition but I do not accept blocked calls. I screen clients and they don't even know I'm doing it. It's called my sixth sense and it's very well honed. I pick on so many different things when I speak to someone for a few minutes.

They could be so polite to me but my radar is always on alert. I may pick up on something they say and it will bring up a red flag. I've very good at reading people and this is the way I screen.

I am established and reputable enough and I think if this bill becomes law, many men will be looking for established ladies and not risk the fly by nights or unknown ones you see on other sites. Other hobbyists will wait it out to see what the outcome will be in terms of how law enforcement will handle these new laws.

Do you really think LE has the budget to set up clients regularily? I'm sure there will a few men who will be made examples of by LE intially but I'm sure most hobbyists will set out and do their research first instead of calling any unknown Jane Smith from BP for example. That is a site where you will see a big change especially with explicit advertising.

My advice to hobbyists is to get a secret hobby phone and not in your real name. Chatr wireless does not require you to give your real name or provide identification. Say it's a gift for someone and tell them you want to put it in their name with a fake address. This is probably the best way to do it. I do not book from blocked calls or payphones and always to check to see if someone is trying to hide their number. I'm aware of all of that. If a client wants to play secret agent, forget it. It's a two way street and it's a give and take.

I will not be going to hotels or anybody's home. I rarely do that now anyways unless I know the person. I prefer my own surroundings.

• Like 6

Guest Ou**or**n
The way I screen is almost entirely on my intuition but I do not accept blocked calls.

Great post Nicolette and thanks for your thoughts. I've spoken to a few ladies about how they decide who to see out of the countless texts they get and almost all describe something similar - intuition, feeling, vibe and so on.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that there is a correlation between the more expensive / courtesan style providers and the level of screening. On the surface this seems a bit puzzling because you would think that guys that pay $300+ an hour would be less likely to ever give a lady safety concerns than some guy texting a BP lady charging <$200 an hour. However I certainly haven't had any first hand experience as a provider so this is perhaps an uniformed and incorrect guess. Perhaps the concerns aren't so much physical safety as it is concerns over meeting someone whom they might know in their civilian lives.

Great post Nicolette and thanks for your thoughts. I've spoken to a few ladies about how they decide who to see out of the countless texts they get and almost all describe something similar - intuition, feeling, vibe and so on.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that there is a correlation between the more expensive / courtesan style providers and the level of screening. On the surface this seems a bit puzzling because you would think that guys that pay $300+ an hour would be less likely to ever give a lady safety concerns than some guy texting a BP lady charging <$200 an hour. However I certainly haven't had any first hand experience as a provider so this is perhaps an uniformed and incorrect guess. Perhaps the concerns aren't so much physical safety as it is concerns over meeting someone whom they might know in their civilian lives.

Well for me I give a lady's safety concerns equal consideration whether her donation is $200, $300, $400 or whatever an hours. I've never noticed a correlation between donation and level of screening

A gentleman has equal regards to ALL WOMEN and their safety concerns and screening protocols.

Their dollar donation amount doesn't play into their safety concerns at all

and what method that lady chooses to use for screening. They choose a method that works for them and helps keep them safe

As for what I'll reveal to a lady for screening purposes, whatever she requires. If I don't trust her with that information then I shouldn't be booking an encounter with her...why book an encounter with someone you don't trust

Finally, yes a man's privacy a legitimate concern, but a lady's safety is even more a concern. And safety

trumps privacy each and every time. If not comfortable revealing personal information to a lady then the man shouldn't contact the lady, hoping to be alone intimately with her

My take on it

RG

• Like 1

I agree with what RG said. Her safety trumps my privacy and honestly, if I can't provide her with some sense of honesty about who I am, then I shouldn't be in this lifestyle. I don't pick up ladies off of street corners here. It should never be an issue to have a phone that is not blocked or to provide her with some basic info. As for references, that could be hard if one hasn't been with a lady registered here but I would think if I have been with other ladies out here in the west on CAF, for example, or a touring lady, their reference would suffice for a lady in Halifax if I was in town visiting. And if it's a first foray into the hobby, then politely say so and there are some ladies who do offer first-timers. Pretty simple really.

• Like 4

I agree with what RG said. Her safety trumps my privacy and honestly, if I can't provide her with some sense of honesty about who I am, then I shouldn't be in this lifestyle. I don't pick up ladies off of street corners here. It should never be an issue to have a phone that is not blocked or to provide her with some basic info. As for references, that could be hard if one hasn't been with a lady registered here but I would think if I have been with other ladies out here in the west on CAF, for example, or a touring lady, their reference would suffice for a lady in Halifax if I was in town visiting. And if it's a first foray into the hobby, then politely say so and there are some ladies who do offer first-timers. Pretty simple really.

The first time I had to provide screening/verification information including a reference to a lady, the lady that was my reference wasn't known to the lady I wanted to see. But she had a website and was a reputable SP, just local to a certain city. And her reference of me was accepted

Anyhow, long story short, I got verified, and these two ladies, as fate would have it met, with one saying words to the effect "Your RG's reference"...and the Gods shined on me, as both these Goddesses (long story) agreed to have a ménage a trois with me even though they never had been duo partners before...a very special evening with two very special ladies

Anyhow, I digress :-) But a pleasant digression with wonderful memories

Now back on track. Here's a link about references, very useful

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166481&highlight=references

A rambling

RG

As for references, that could be hard if one hasn't been with a lady registered here but I would think if I have been with other ladies out here in the west on CAF, for example, or a touring lady, their reference would suffice for a lady in Halifax if I was in town visiting. And if it's a first foray into the hobby, then politely say so and there are some ladies who do offer first-timers. Pretty simple really.

Those of us who screen and ask for references usually accept references from ladies who are established, have a website and/or a web presence in which ever country/province/city they reside in. They do not need to come from Cerb ladies only ;) I have accepted many references from ladies all over Canada and the US (and other countries) and it has never been an issue.

You will find that most of us are pretty flexible and will work with a gentleman who doesn't have a reference by offering him other alternatives ;)

• Like 1