Gentleman Be Careful On Disclosure Of Personal Information

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Gentleman I would urge you consider who you will share personal information with as far as SPS who are not members of Cerb. Ladies of Cerb you are the classiest group of ladies that can be found anywhere and this is not addressed at you. I was subjected to a conversation that I did not start with a total unknown woman who was lent a Providers business phone with my BBM information on it and she refused to identify herself.The lack of being discreet was of concern to me because I did not know who I was communicating with. Her refusal to identify herself was of great concern. I did have to take some action which I won't get into but it has been addressed. So I urge you to stay away from those who are not The Ladies Of Cerb.

Guest Miss Jane TG

While I appreciate your comment and despite the fact I am a member of CERB, I believe that your statement is unfair to a large category of sex workers who might not have access to this forum. An experiences with one sex worker can't be generalized to a large population.

Ladies in this forum were not born in CERB! And I don't believe that they acquired the professional skills ONLY the moment they signed in CERB.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The opinion expressed here is my own opinion and will reflect my booking practices from now on. Once bitten twice shy!

Guest M*****le*****c-H***s (Reti

I don't understand why any sp would pass on info about a client .. not cool.

Guest N***he**Ont**y
I don't understand why any sp would pass on info about a client .. not cool.

This phone was lent by the provider to a civilian who instigated the uninvited communication. The provider is at fault for not deleting all the contact information before lending the phone out.

What kind of person would borrow a phone then call the people in the contacts list? That alone is bizarre behaviour makes me wonder what the sp herself was thinking to lend it out to someone capable of doing that.

• Like 3

Gentleman I would urge you consider who you will share personal information with as far as SPS who are not members of Cerb. Ladies of Cerb you are the classiest group of ladies that can be found anywhere and this is not addressed at you. I was subjected to a conversation that I did not start with a total unknown woman who was lent a Providers business phone with my BBM information on it and she refused to identify herself.The lack of being discreet was of concern to me because I did not know who I was communicating with. Her refusal to identify herself was of great concern. I did have to take some action which I won't get into but it has been addressed. So I urge you to stay away from those who are not The Ladies Of Cerb.

I think I can generally sympathize with your problem of sharing personal information, but the thesis so far as stated in your comment is kind of lost on me. Things are too vague. You need to expand a little more on what really happened so we can fully appreciate your POV.

There are a number of complex thoughts and implications, but nothing in your post really stands-out as a statement with which I can fully understand.

What connection are you trying to draw between Cerb ladies, privacy and your curious experience? Your post seems to be rather contradictory in places, so you got me scratching my head.

Based on keywords, I think I captured some actions/conclusions:

* You should protect your own privacy & interests.

* Cerb provides absolute confidence when dealing with Cerb ladies.

Comments: This is after all just simply a forum - not a safety net. Both providers and clients need to take steps to assure their own safety & confidentiality.

Did I miss anything that you really wanted to say?

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

So, let me understand:

A provider lent someone her phone, your contact info was there and this person contacted you?

1) any lady I have met more than once, Cerb or non-cerb provider, knows who I am when I have contacted them. Am I in their address book? Maybe. Do I care? No.

2) maybe I am missing your context? Did the person who contacted you know that you were a client of the person who lent the phone?

3) were you contacted in error?

There is a simple fix that doesn't have to include cynicism about ALL non-cerb providers. Contact the original SP and politely voice your concern. If it falls on deaf ears, block her number to prevent re-ocurrence.

From my perspective there are at least 2 facts about this Hobby/Business

• There are Risks associated with it for both Clients and SPs
  • Like in the rest of your life some individuals, both clients and SPs will be untrustworthy

Based on these two facts it is always imperative that we are careful what information we disclose and with who we choose to disclose it.

I get the OPs suggestion that in general the ladies of CERB tend to offer a higher level of professionalism than non CERB SP's but membership in CERB is not a guarantee.

In the end responsibility for your privacy and safety as either a hobbiest or SP rests with you.... if you want 100% guarantee than good luck.... if you are reasonable however you try as best you can to to screen your partners.... make good decisions....keep the personal information you share to the bare minimum until you have a comfort level with the other partner.

In regards to what happened to the OP I can 100% relate..... we hope when we share information that we can trust that other person and we rely on their common sense and good judgement to protect the personal information that they collect.... thankfully in my experience this need for privacy gas been a mutual need and therefore I have not had any issues..... but I certainly realize the vulnerability that exists and make a conscious decision to proceed.... for me the benefits have outweighed the risks.

Just my opinion....
  • Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The provider provided her business phone to as civilian with my personal BBM on it plus others. I had discussions with that provider to get to know her a bit before deciding to book. The argument is that that provider should have wiped the phone of all her client data base before giving out that phone. I am suggesting that you be careful on giving out personal BBM stuff instead of using email etc. it is quite simple as we know that Cerb ladies practice discretion and follow practices to protect our privacy. Ladies who are starting out gain a wealth of information by being members here in which to inform themselves of the does and dont's. I personally believe Cerb ladies are the true professionals of the Canadian Industry . I also consider CERB Ladies to have the most class of any board out there. I am a member of a number of boards across the country but this board sets the benchmark of them all.Disagree with me with my actions but my safety is as important to me as it is to the provider when it comes to personal information. Do as though wilt goes the old line and that I shall do! IMO

OOI, have you contacted the provider and asked her what was going on? She may not even know that it happened, and you may not be the only client in this situation. If she has no idea that anything happened she may not know that she has a friend (I use the term loosely) who can't be trusted to borrow a phone, so you might be doing her a huge favour by telling her...

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Let me say it has been resolved in a certain way but I was not happy with the explanation. My method of communication will be changed to emails only unless we have had met before. Its nice to be able to communicate with BBM but in the future it will be only with providers that I have met from Cerb.

Guest c**io**m7

Glad it was at least resolved, regardless of the resolution itself. Hopefully, for you, this is the last time something like this happens.

Cheers!!

There is always a risk of disclosing personal information. Once disclosed it's out of your hands, so it's really important that you understand what you're comfortable with giving out. You live with the consequences.

I personally am not too concerned with identifying myself, but still use a email and phone dedicated to this pursuit. On rare occasions I have given out my personal phone number.

This is why just as gentlemen should have a phone exclusive to this lifestyle the ladies should do the same...one a lifestyle/business phone and email and one a civilian phone and email. A phone NO ONE ELSE uses. That way no SO's, or family/friends can know about this lifestyle

It's about discretion

It's not just about protecting your own privacy, but protecting the privacy of others that you are involved with (in terms of this lifestyle) and who have entrusted you with their information

A rambling

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
  • Like 4

I don't believe in keeping someones information on my phone unless someone asks me to, otherwise its deleted at the conclusion of the playtime.

To pass on information of a client to anyone (other than just info on a recommendation with all the vitals) is very unacceptable.

I take clients discretion as carefully as I can.

• Like 1

I understand where Excaliber is coming from, it is unfortunate that some sp do not have access to a computer However it is what it is. I am on Cerb I can be held accountable for being UNPROFESSIONAL or SHADY (which of course I am not). I do not believe Excaliber is directly saying ALL sp that are not on Cerb are shady. It seems he is just expressing his gratitude for the wbste.

I feel safer when I am meeting a client from Cerb as oppose to one who i have absolutley no back ground on friggen right! (nothing is 100% safe)...it is def SAFER.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Actually the phone with BBM is not used for personal use but Hobbying and related activities but I still felt the need to bring this up .

Guest N***he**Ont**y

To be honest I thought I was struck by lightning when it happened. Thought it was the provider though. Well I wont be seeing that provider; she is off the BBM and a lesson was learned to pay more "ATTENTION" to whom I am talking too in the future.

Any one of us could have our phones lost or stolen at any time. And anyone perusing the email or messages left in them could probably grasp the context.

Blackberry Protect: if your phone is lost or stolen you can do a security wipe remotely. Other systems have similar apps as well.

And always keep your phone locked.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I do use BlackBerry Protect It is essential as a program . My Android that I use for personal use has a similar program.

Yep, I guess we do have those features. Forgive me! I'm a recent arrival to the 21st century. ;)

But still, I am wondering exactly what harm was done here. Certainly, no SP should contact any hobbyist unsolicited, but it happens. People make mistakes. It happens the other way around too. Recently, someone I know here on CERB and whom I am friends with on mainstream social media went looking through my friend's list for another SP whom he knew I was friends with on this other media. Trouble is, my SP friend doesn't use this other social media for business communications, but exclusively for personal or family. She was unimpressed to have her personal identity, unshared here, ferreted out. And I agree, on the face, it seems a little stalky, even though the hobbyist in question surely did not mean it that way.