PW manager

I am looking for a good password manager, but one that works across a number of platforms. i.e. Win8, Android, and BB10. I'm presently using The Vault on my Blackberry, and has a few options I like. It's encrypted and backed up to Dropbox, and it destructs after 3 failed attempts.

Might work if I could get one I like for Win8 and Android, as might be able to extract the Android version for use on the BB. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keepass

keepass.info

I've been using it for years, I store the database on a cloud drive and can access it from anywhere on any device.

• Like 1

I've been using Lastpass for years with no complaints.

Their Android version wasn't the best, but I believe they've recently made some nice improvements which may make it worth a look.

No issues with it on Windows (8.1 and RT) and the various browsers.

I am currently using Ascendo DataVault it works across platforms... i have it on my computers (Windows and Mac) in my home and on BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Z10, Apple IPad and IPhone.

I am able to sync them all through my home wireless so it works great and if either individual device crashes I can recover an updated version from one of the other devices.

I think it costs a little more than other password managers but I gave found it worth every penny.

Just my opinion.

Another +1 for keepass. Also using it on an ironkey device would double up encryption. Added bonus of having secure personal browsing using ironkey browser, versus using the public torbrowser

I just wonder how safe are those data that you store in the cloud drive especially since we know what had happened recently to the hacked photos of some famous people ( not that I worry someone will do that to my stored photos :icon_wink:) ? I will assume that only non-important PWs are stored and not banking and other critical information.

I use something called Secret Server. You can install it on virtual machine and run it via web. It takes all types of passwords and even has options to open links/pages/rdp/activex/ java, etc... already embedded. It only costs less than 100. and it works amazing.