Credit card payment providers.

For various reasons it's easier for me to pay on a card than by cash, but only a few providers offer this (which I can understand, given the paper trail, extra costs, etc). Jessica Massage is one, are there any others?

I'd direct this at SPs too, if any happen to be reading this forum.

How about email money transfers? Anonymous both ways as opposed to credit card payments.

With the credit card scenario, The provider can create a name to suit the client but vice versa, not so much. Receiving credit card payments isn't that anonymous.

Edited by Meg O'Ryan
  • Like 4

How about email money transfers?

Anymore that's what I do. I only see ladies I trust. The only time I don't use email money transfer is if the lady prefers to be paid in cash.

For me, it has the benefits of simplicity, no issues with exact change, and no need to travel carrying a large sum of money, nor does the lady have to travel carrying a large sum of money after the encounter

RG

• Like 3

Guest S*rca****sid

I'm surprised that there are not more providers that offer the option for credit card payment. Anyone with a smart phone or a tablet can process a credit card payment. It's as easy as setting up an account with one of the many companies available. Some of them will send you a free attachment for your phone or tablet to swipe or use the chip on a credit card. It's not different than setting up a Paypal account.

From a business perspective, it makes sense to offer different payment options.

I'm surprised that there are not more providers that offer the option for credit card payment. Anyone with a smart phone or a tablet can process a credit card payment. It's as easy as setting up an account with one of the many companies available. Some of them will send you a free attachment for your phone or tablet to swipe or use the chip on a credit card. It's not different than setting up a Paypal account.

From a business perspective, it makes sense to offer different payment options.

Meg makes a good point. Also to the best of my knowledge, it may not be so easy for a SP to get a Merchants Account for processing credit cards and Paypal...not to mention the risk that some clients may after the encounter call the cc company and report a stolen card. I also believe Paypal won't knowingly process any Paypal transaction if discovered it is used for adult services. If someone knows otherwise I will stand corrected

RG

• Like 2

From a privacy and discretion standpoint, it's also not that simple. for the men, they need to know that the name that comes up on the statement won't raise suspicion and the SP may not be interested in a paper trail. There are many reasons why accepting different forms of payment won't work for some :)

• Like 6

I accept VISA, MC & AMEX.... And a very discrete company name will appear on the statement... Never had any problems with it

Guest S*rca****sid
Meg makes a good point. Also to the best of my knowledge, it may not be so easy for a SP to get a Merchants Account for processing credit cards and Paypal...not to mention the risk that some clients may after the encounter call the cc company and report a stolen card. I also believe Paypal won't knowingly process any Paypal transaction if discovered it is used for adult services. If someone knows otherwise I will stand corrected

RG

I wasn't referring specifically to a Paypal account. I was only making an analogy to how simple it was the set up! And I wasn't implying that providers should only offer credit card payment option.

As for the credit card processing, you can create a "company" name. When the payment is processed, the "company" name will show on the clients statement or some processing companies will allow you to have a generic name show on the statement.

Let's not forget that it was the adult industry that created the online payment boom (anyone see the movie Middle Men?).

The internet wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for the adult industry.

I used to accept credit cards and the amount of fraud was unbelievable. People showed up with other people's credit cards. Transactions were reversed after the fact. It was awful. I would never do that again. Yuck!!!

I have not had any issues with email money transfers which are much safer in my opinion.

• Like 5

Just curious, then, is it less suspicious if the amount listed is not a round number? Say, $197.99 or $203.17, etc.?

There is something else to consider about credit cards. I believe the business has to pay a 2% handling charge on the gross amount charged (someone correct me if I'm wrong) meaning they would either have to up the fees to someone using a credit card to make the same amount as someone paying cash.

Not to mention the privacy concerns for the ladies, and the risk of the cardholder after an encounter defrauding the lady.

In this lifestyle IMO cash would be king :-)

RG

• Like 1

I have a merchant account, and all of my transactions are billed discretely to my company.

This way when a transaction appears on your statement, it can be upheld with a legitimate company.

I own the company outright, so I am the one you would be dealing with in the event of a call to find out what this is for.

As for SP's that have taken CC in the past only to have the billings reversed, I take the payment 2 days in advance, and since I ask for a signature on transaction, I do have a legal right to defend the transaction should that ever occur (has never happened yet, thank goodness), this way someone can't say that this wasn't something they purchased.

I am very upfront with that when someone wants to pay by credit card.

If you wish a service and want to pay by credit card, don't take the service and then try to weasle out of the payment a couple of days later!

Believe me, if a credit card company comes calling stating that a subscriber of theirs is calling about a transaction that they want reversed, have the paperwork and electronic signature to state this is a service that was provided. And not to mention, my attorney would love to defend someone that pulled a fraudulent escapade! lol, if your going to play, your going to pay.

I'm very particular in whom I will let pay with credit cards also, be diligent in who you let use them with you, but they can be a great asset when worried about carrying a lot of cash around.

The amount was not the issue. The problems were caused by clients planning to rip me off in advance which is why they showed up with other people's credit cards, company credit cards, their wives's credit cards, etc. The other problem is people claiming that someone else used their credit card and/or attempting reversals after the fact.

Sorry, but I believe that using a credit card will eventually come back to bite you in the ass.

As RM stated in his post .., For him is a good thing... it is all a personal situation... In my case I offer it and is there... honestly... not that many ppl use it but for those that benefit from .., airmiles or points of some sort and they dont have SOs or anyone that they have to explain expenses to... It works...

As to what RG mention about the percentage,.. yes In my case I pay a percentage but just like any other retail store would .., is simply a service offered and you have to assume the cost of it... nothing wrong with that... I do Not up my charges to cover that..., IMO is i rather make 98$ in tip.. than 0$ or what ever the amounts come to be... (in my case I actually just put the full ammount room and tip so it may be more) If done porperly too that percentage becomes a business expense... So is a tax deduction at the end of the year... and that is up to each lady to decide if that is the right decision for them or not...

Is not that very often that clients want to use theor credit card for a massage but it has come handy sometimes... Everyone has different circumstances and is about adaptability and capability... The option is there... and is a personal choice to use or not :)

Avoids any issues already mentioned here, I've travelled to Kentucky, Georgia,Florida,South Carolina,DC, and ladies there had either choice for me to take, credit or cash, so it was always cash for me and in fact they were pleased it was cash.

• Like 1

As RM stated in his post .., For him is a good thing... it is all a personal situation... In my case I offer it and is there... honestly... not that many ppl use it but for those that benefit from .., airmiles or points of some sort and they dont have SOs or anyone that they have to explain expenses to... It works...

As to what RG mention about the percentage,.. yes In my case I pay a percentage but just like any other retail store would .., is simply a service offered and you have to assume the cost of it... nothing wrong with that... I do Not up my charges to cover that..., IMO is i rather make 98$ in tip.. than 0$ or what ever the amounts come to be... (in my case I actually just put the full ammount room and tip so it may be more) If done porperly too that percentage becomes a business expense... So is a tax deduction at the end of the year... and that is up to each lady to decide if that is the right decision for them or not...

Is not that very often that clients want to use theor credit card for a massage but it has come handy sometimes... Everyone has different circumstances and is about adaptability and capability... The option is there... and is a personal choice to use or not :)

I should of added...for married guys...you might get away with it for awhile, but.......it's only a matter of time.

Vitto...please note that I'm not knocking MA's or PM's for using it. Like you said...it might not be for everyone but it's there if you want to use it.

I'm still hoping to see you next time you're in the west end...I'll be using cash...lol.

Have a great day!!

If credit card, or paypal, or whatever works for both ladies and gentlemen then great, as long as they are both happy and no one gets screwed over (in the bad way LOL)

But still, cash is king over everything else, cash doesn't require a service fee for handling, cash doesn't bounce, it doesn't leave a paper trail (except for email money transfer)

But if everyone is happy, more power to them

Me, I'll stick to cash or email money transfer, and no service charges from the way I pay or fear of anything bouncing

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

There are other Card processors out there like Square which works on your own business phone.

In my case, apart from a joint account for house/family expenses, my SO and I manage our money completely separately. It's great for freedom and peace of mind. If she wants to buy a dress for $500, that's her business. If I want to spend some money on good wine, or other pleasures ;), that's my business. No one sees my credit card statements other than me.

• Like 1

In my case it's more for organizational purposes and convenience, but really both cash and credit leave paper trails. If I actually shared my accounts with my SO, I'm not sure how unexplained $200 cash withdrawals would be more discreet than generic credit charges for that amount. If someone were to look at my account activities over the years, 99% of withdrawals in amounts like that would have been paying for the time of a lady friend soon after.

Of course, if the credit card transaction is billed to "Suzy's Hot Sex Services" or something like that it'd be a problem, heh.

All forms of electronic payment are the trend for the future and which type of payment a person will choose will always depend on a whole range of personal reasons.

For me my number one concern is privacy.... i partake in this industry without the knowledge of my wife and kinda want to make sure she does not find out. Sure I can take a whole bunch of steps to reduce the likelihood of getting caught but any payment method that that has a paper trail (even an electronic one) dramatically increases my risk. I get most of my bill electronically so i don't run the risk of a paper bill being opened and causing a problem but I am also a bit pragmatic and have thought about what happens if I get hit by a car tomorrow.... my will and power of attorney documents give full access to my wife as the person I trust most in the world to make decisions for me... do I really want to leave a record that will implicate me if I am in a coma or dead. Yes of course I want the privacy issue covered to "protect" myself.... but it us also so that I don't hurt my wife now or in the future. So for me Credit cards are way to much detail that has a permanent record.

I like Email money transfer and use it a lot for all kinds of transactions so unlike my credit card statement which may have only one or two transactions my bank statement will have hundreds so the likelihood of it being noticed if anyone had access to my account is remote....

I have a PayPal account but would not use it for this type of transaction as it has many of the same issues as the credit card.

Direct Debit.... i would use this as it is really the same as email transfer (maybe better) but only if the account name of the SP was discrete.

Bottom line for me.... for any 1st time visit with a lady.... CASH is king. Once I know and trust the lady I would be open to Debit or email transfer if that was her wish.

All of the above is just my personal perspective about what's right for me.... i understand that for others they will have other interests and that's fine... people should do what works for them.

The challenge may be that ladies my get increasing pressure to offer a range of payment options (just like other businesses) we as client should keep in mind that our wonderful hosts have to also meet their own needs which are no less complex then ours.

And just think.... our thoughts on all this might change dramatically if Mr.Harper makes the purchase of sexual services illegal.... who wil want a financial record of the "crime".

Just my rambling opinion

• Like 1

If you are a married man, you should stick to cash. You could make $20 cash withdrawals from an ATM every other day to support your hobby. If your wife becomes suspicious, you can explain away those withdrawals as being lunch money.

Most men have a career or a relationship that would be ruined by the "secret life" being found out; therefore, you do not want to leave any trace of your hobby.

Unless you live the life of a rock'n'roll roadie, your colleagues and family will negatively judge you for being a hobbyist. Whereas a rock'n'roll roadie is expected to live on the wild side; most of us are average men with 9 to 5 jobs that do not accommodate being a hobbyist. That is why our anonymity is crucial.

• Like 2