Educate me please-can you block SPECIFIC individuals from visiting profile pages and if so how? If I block it seems to block all and if I put them on my ignore list it just blocks me from seeing their posts . I want to be able to block only those who seem to want to visit me but not allow the same courtesy, so I'd appreciate some help, I've searched but can't find anything. Now remember, you are talking to a computer idiot!

• Like 3

Guest S*rca****sid

I don't think the option is available. It may be something the Mod could do for you if you contact them and explain the situation.

Cristy....i don't think you can do it but I agree....you should be able to only allow people with open profiles to visit your profile.... I an 100% with you.

• Like 1

I would also like to block people with blocked profiles from viewing my profile page. I like my profile being open for all to see. However, I don't like the idea of not being able to look at someones profile, after they've looked at mine. In this case if people with blocked profiles want to look at my profile, they can friend me, so that we can get to know each other.

Also, is there another feature that only shows your profile page to people who are logged on to cerb?

Also, is there another feature that only shows your profile page to people who are logged on to cerb?

I think that would be a good idea. Then only registered users are are looking at profiles. If people aren't willing to sign on, why have the privilege of being able to browse? As for the blocking thing, I don't quite understand why we would register, create a profile, post on a message board and then not allow others to view said profile but yet expect to view their profile. It doesn't seem right and I agree with Cristy, there should be a way to do the same to those.

• Like 2

In User CP -> Profile Privacy

In the pulldown for each group, there's an option for "Registered members". It's what I'm using for everything except for "profile picture".

• Like 3

I completely agree with cristy and Peachy. I find it strange that some people want to see others' profile page and yet they have blocked others to see theirs. Do they have something to hide ? I think it is just common courtesy. The mod should make some changes to this.

• Like 1

I have asked this question before and the answer is definitely no there is no way to block a specific person from viewing your profile without completely crippling the access to it for everyone else and losing the visibility to potential clients.

I am not sure of the complexity to make this happen but it really would be a feature I would love to see added. With the nature of this site and of this industry I have attracted on occasion creepy messages from members that made me very uncomfortable. It would be great to be able to filter them out to feel that one notch safer.

Xoxo

Kelly

• Like 6

I'm rehashing this thread because of the number of blocked profiles that have visited my page, especially this month, nearly 2 a day. What I find most concerning is when a female member, one who isn't a hobbyist, does this, why? Something just seems suspicious when this occurs.

As it does when male members do this. We all realize you can set your profile as you choose but it is polite protocol to allow a return visit from those who you want to know more about or view, so please to those who aren't offering this same consideration, isn't it time?

To the mod- is there nothing that can be done? As this is supposed to be a supportive and open community among members, isn't it?

• Like 4

As I said before I think everyone should have the option to set their profile as viewable only by those who also have a public profile.

With the ability to strictly limit the information you show on your profile I really don't see the reason to have a private profile.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Some of us have a more public profile in our private lives. I am in the public view so my profile is set to private unless I have you on my friends list.

I'm rehashing this thread because of the number of blocked profiles that have visited my page, especially this month, nearly 2 a day. What I find most concerning is when a female member, one who isn't a hobbyist, does this, why? Something just seems suspicious when this occurs.

As it does when male members do this. We all realize you can set your profile as you choose but it is polite protocol to allow a return visit from those who you want to know more about or view, so please to those who aren't offering this same consideration, isn't it time?

To the mod- is there nothing that can be done? As this is supposed to be a supportive and open community among members, isn't it?

i agree with you nobody should have a blocked profile...to me there hiding something

• Like 5

Some of us have a more public profile in our private lives. I am in the public view so my profile is set to private unless I have you on my friends list.

That is perfectly understandable, but what isn't is when someone comes to my profile to peruse and won't allow me the same courtesy, nor respond to a pm inquiring as to whether or not you want to be friends or why you've blocked my reciprocal visit.

If it's necessary for some to keep a low profile and limited friends then perhaps it's best just keeping to their pages?

Like you I also have a public work and community profile that would make it problematic for me to be easily identified on here. But the reality is you and I both control the information we show in our profile and almost all of the profiles I have seen on here don't contain enough info to actually identify anyone unless the individual in question has deliberately shared such info.

In either case I am not saying that there should not be the ability to have a completely private profile... from my perspective to each their own... what I am saying is that the system should have the flexibility to allow someone to either 1) restrict access to their own public profiles to people who have private profiles if the member does not want to be lurked by someone who does not in fact allow the same access or 2) if someone has a private profile and they access the profile of someone public profile the person's profile that was accessed should have a onetime right to view the private profile of the individual... if i constantly have someone lurking my profile I should not be locked out of theirs.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My question out there to everyone, you the person be it lady or gentleman controls exactly what information is put on your profile. Your profile contains as much or as little information as you want. So I'm not understanding the need for anyone to set their profile page as hidden

BTW I say this as someone who prior to retirement was LE and it could have been considered by my employer very indiscrete (although not against the Code Of Discipline...I checked ;-) ) to partake in this lifestyle. Coupled with that I lived/still live in smalltown Ontario, where everyone knows everyone. Or at a minimum, someone knows someone who knows me...my profile has never been private

Anyhow, a rambling over cup number three...Morning Blend Decaf now

RG

• Like 4

The option to block just one person from a profile does not exist, the council has actually been discussing private profiles and are considering removing that feature all together as it seams to be being abused. The ladies use the profiles to help screen the guys (see what they have posted in the past) so when a guy blocks his profile it makes many of the ladies suspicious. When a lady blocks her profile it makes it hard for the guys to see as well (making this a frustrating on both sides). Not sure yet if the council will get rid of it all together but from the looks of it that may be the best choice.

In my line of business, there is an old saying:

"If it causes a problem - get rid of the problem".

In other words, simplify things.

Options can be a nice thing, but they can't satisfy every condition. Sucks eh?

• Like 4

I am not comfortable having just anyone on my profile, so the idea of removing the private profile all together bothers me. Ladies should have the ability to approve those they want to have access. I have had major privacy breach issues over the past 6mths, and my ability to privatize my profile for my phone own safety was invaluable. Council please reconsider abolishing this option. It is a valid one!

Xoxo, Miss Lane

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I have removed all personal data from my profile. It just says somewhere in Ontario. I have even removed my old greeting from the profile,

Guest D***el B***e
come the 19th of this month there will be not more blocked profiles they will all be open

And I'll bet my next pay cheque that some members will disappear on the 19th as well. There's members who visit my page regularly and when I click back on their name, I'm not allowed to see their profile ... very suspicious indeed! arghhh ...

I am not comfortable having just anyone on my profile, so the idea of removing the private profile all together bothers me. Ladies should have the ability to approve those they want to have access. I have had major privacy breach issues over the past 6mths, and my ability to privatize my profile for my phone own safety was invaluable. Council please reconsider abolishing this option. It is a valid one!

Xoxo, Miss Lane

The decision and vote was already made, the council could reconsider with anotehr vote but at this time pleaseupdate your profile as at this time it will still become public.

I dont think the forum suports what you want...

One solution is a link to a private twitter account where only friends can view.

Then keep information on here limited but it would be public.

The only downfall is for thouse who dont have a twitter account.

Does make things difficult but it works and keeps your info private to whom you choose.

• Like 2

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you how to run your life/business (he says, as he does just that) but it strikes me that this level of control is the sort of thing that's hard to achieve on any website run by another person or organization. My gut feeling is that this is the sort of thing that's best done on your own website, where you're completely in control of who has access to what.

• Like 3

Problem with the blocked profiles, and JMO, is those with blocked profiles look at those members' profiles who aren't blocked. Kind of a one way street (and yes, I've had my profile read by those with blocked profiles)

There is an expectation of openness from others by those with blocked profiles

How many times do we read on ladies' websites, not to mention etiquette sections, No Blocked Numbers

Same principal applies here JMO

And only what you put on your profile is what is going to be seen...no one is asking for your home phone and address...and photos, entirely up to you

Anyhow, a rambling

RG

• Like 1