CERB Ambassador - PistolPete

Here here! Here's to you Pete. Not for simply quantity of posts, but for quality too. You are a true asset to cerb.

01-CHEERS.jpg

You are all so kind thanks again so much. I thought it would only fitting that post number 3000 would be of a recommendation.:wink:

Awww, I agree. Pete I couldn't think of anyone else to be the cerb ambassador. You are sweet and always say such nice things to all of the girls including myself. You are the bestest. Keep on being the Pete we know. XoXo Peachy/Val.

Over 4000 posts now!

I'm reviving this old thread because I wanted to send a special word of thanks to our most valued member Pete for his many contributions to this board, not only in the highest number of posts, but in the qualities of friendliness, helpfulness and honesty that he displays in his interactions with members.

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

Thanks for reviving this thread, Cato! It shows how much of a Cerb ambassador you yourself are.

Sometimes we tend to take for granted our good fortune in many things. On Cerb, fortune continues to smile on us through the continued presence, energetic and friendly contributions, and the plain upright good humour and wisdom of Pistol Pete. We can always count on Pete to be there to provide his irreplacable perspective, and also to remind us of what's important - both on this board and in life.

Thank-you Pete!!

May fortune continue to smile on us.

Absolutely agreed Cato and thanks for reviving this thread which unfortunately I never saw before to contribute to.

Pete is a great person. He is the defender of the defendless, the weak and the victim. An undisputed valued member as well a highly respected cerb member, with highest count, and many best threads and posts and the one with most friends. My hats off to Pete. Thanks Pete for being here for us.

Edited by S*****t Ad*****r

I am deleting this as I do not want to cause any further issues. I apologize to all, especially Pete.

Edited by spud271

Pete is a true gentlemen and I'm honoured to call him a friend. I can't imagine cerb without him!

Edited by C*** C****
what I quoted has been deleted, do not want to keep it up
  • Like 1

wow ? Way to rain on Pete's parade. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion but get the facts straight. Pete's actions had nothing to do with anyone else being suspended, the other member brought their suspension on to them self, Pete called a spade a spade, he got suckered in and is now serving a short suspension for saying what a lot of people were thinking. He got caught up in the drama of it all.

as it says at the very top of this page if you don't have anything nice to say....

Pete is great guy for all the reasons everyone has listed. He's a true gentleman to many of the ladies from around town and the touring girls too. He's the reason a lot of touring girls come here to begin with and the reason they come back too. He's a great friend to many on this board. I know him well and have the honour to share a coffee or beer with him from time to time. He's my pistol packin' partner and I'm glad to have him as a friend and couldn't think of a better amabasador for our community.

I unfortunately disagree with eveyone. Until recently I would not have had any issue with Pete being the CERB Ambassador. For those of you who missed it, Pete was recently suspended for public fighting. This was not the first time he did this, but the first time he was suspended for it. This led to another member being suspended for 3 months. If that's what you want for an Ambassador, it's all fine with me, but I don't think he is the appropriate person to be our Ambassador folks. Nothing personal against Pete as he has contributed a great deal to this site, but recent events change things a great deal in my mind.
  • Like 3

Guest tr*****e

I agree with Cowboy Kenny, Pete's a great asset to this community, he always has a good word.

Guest W***ledi*Time

The offending thread was deleted, but I saw it while it was unfolding. CK's characterisation of what happened is right on the money. Pete was speaking up in defense of another member.

The offending thread was deleted, but I saw it while it was unfolding. CK's characterisation of what happened is right on the money. Pete was speaking up in defense of another member.

One more witness.

Very true WIT and I saw the thread you are referring to as well, while it was unfolding. To me a cerb Embassador is the one who defends another cerb member (especially at his or her own expense) when she or he is falling victim. Pete is a true cerb Embassador in my book, on the top of a very valued and highly respected memeber.

Edited by S*****t Ad*****r

I witnessed the thread and IMHO it appeared that someone was leaving the board, apologizing for something they did, and Pete was trying to make them feel better about the situation.... too bad it went "downhill".... I do hope Pete returns to posting on this board! His reco's have been very beneficial and he seems to get along well with so many people here.

I also saw the thread in question, and it was not fit for CERB, however good may have been the intentions of those involved.

An ambassador need not be perfect, and PistolPete is certainly contributing greatly to this community, appreciated by SP and hobbiests alike, and is on his best behaviour 99.9% of the time, so it is no wonder that many may wish to nominate him as ambassador...

toine

28s6cmf.gif

I'm back! hope you did not miss me too much ;) And thanks to those for the complimentary comments in this thread, it is greatly appreciated.

I also like to thank those good close friends that emailed me while I was away,your support and friendship is duly noted always, especially those 2 lovely ladies from the east coast,Cathy and Angel you 2 are good friends and thanks of showing me that down east hospitality.

Thinking back from the incident a week ago, I certainly did not wish any ill fate against anyone here, as a friend told me that perhaps I wear my heart on my sleeve too much when looking out for others.

That said, actions and words were put in place because of differences between individuals and those words had a consequences to follow.

Perhaps if we were all given the chance to take back what we say, or don't say verbally or written, can make things more suitable for everyone involved in today's society or here in Cerbland, then perhaps we would not be "looking from the outside looking in".

So, in closing if I see something that is disturbing on here I guess I just need to turn the other cheek, and just walk away from it and post nothing. Perhaps I should just do that, post nothing anymore, why get involved in any threads anymore.

Think about it for a second, if you were one of those individuals that were raised,to help those that are in need, do you walk away and turn the other cheek?

I'm not saying what I had done last week was correct, but for those that don't know me, now you understand why I might of made an ill fated comment on a thread that landed myself with a 7 day hiatus from here.

So carry on everyone and again thanks to those, and we will chat soon again.

Pete,

Great to see you back!

With all due respect, I believe the best way to handle such situations (a member attacking another member) is not to step in and fight, but to inform the mod and maybe send a PM of support to the person being attacked. It's the same thing we learn in school. If a student is being attacked, you don't join in on the fight, you call a teacher. I due, however, respect your point of view at that time that your comments were coming from a place of caring.

I look forward to your many more contributions here on CERB,

Megan

I'm late to this thread but have always enjoyed Pete's posts as well. The fact that even our pistol-packing, "ambassador by general acclamation" (smile) Pete can get in trouble is a reminder that the rules apply to everybody.