My rant against the evil site

Marshal McLuhan....coined the phrase The Medium is the Message

He said that a medium affects the society in which it plays a role not only by the content delivered over the medium, but also by the characteristics of the medium itself.

So in my view there's room for all kinds of ways of promoting ones business, whether someone is a part-timer, a full timer, a short term visitor or has made this their career of choice. In the end their goals will drive the methods used to achieve those goals.

Good or bad sometimes you have to dance with the devil to get what you want/desire.

Peace

Mr Green

I see where you are coming from Naomi and I admire your tenacity! I hope my response to your post did not come off as a negative reply. My intentions were not such! Having left a job that I held for many years (won't say how many lol) this is now my primary source of income and even though it incenses me, I must post there (for the time being; hopefully) in order to make ends meet. If this were the perfect world I can invision, Cerb would be my only playground!

You can make a lose lose situation into perhaps an education one for the site visitors. When posting on the OTHER site, include a link to your cerb page. Once people has seen this site, they may never need other sites.

I would check the evil site now and again but have stopped because of all the spammers

We dont get spammers here so here is where I look to see a lady

I do agree using more than one site to place ad makes sense

I guess it is the dont put your apples all in one basket

Thanks to Cerb for not allowing spammers

I see where you are coming from Naomi and I admire your tenacity! I hope my response to your post did not come off as a negative reply. My intentions were not such! Having left a job that I held for many years (won't say how many lol) this is now my primary source of income and even though it incenses me, I must post there (for the time being; hopefully) in order to make ends meet. If this were the perfect world I can invision, Cerb would be my only playground!

Not at all!

I fully understand where you're coming from, and agree.. you have to be seen where people are looking, if you get business from there to support yourself, it makes sense to post there.. I just can't bring myself to do it.

From what I hear though I wouldn't want to.. I don't have as much patience for weeding through countless moronic and rude e-mails as I use to.. /shrug

You can make a lose lose situation into perhaps an education one for the site visitors. When posting on the OTHER site, include a link to your cerb page. Once people has seen this site, they may never need other sites.

This almost sounds like a mean prank on the mod.. lol

Can you imagine if everyone from there decided to check out Cerb?

(Has no one read the other sections of that site!?)

Poor mod would be suspending and banning and moderating people out the ass..

While not using 'that site' seems like the best of ideas.. it probably doesn't help the guys when they see most of the girls here, there.

I've seen girls from here that once claimed cerb was their best resource now posting daily there.. It doesn't really set a good example for the guys if their favorite ladies and agencies are now all posting there.

I'm sure if the ladies stopped posting there, most guys would stop going. But if you keep increasing the number of 'actual' girls there, how can you expect them?

Sorry, I disagree. Just because I post on CL, does not make me like those "other" girls. I believe CL is comprised of the people on it, and if we give in and stop advertising there because of the bad apples, then that's what it will be .... just bad apples. But we do have to accept that they are there and know we are swimming in shark infested water. I have complained about people posting fake ads, but is unfortunate, but I take that chance.

I think guys are pretty smart to know that if ladies consistently post, mention CERB in their ad, then it not always gives them familiarity but it also promotes them to go to CERB.

I also believe CERB clients know that if an SP is advertising in both places, she is probably legit, because the MOD, and Cowboy Kenny and other members are pretty on top of outing anyone posting fake pics or scamming.

I do not have the liberty of just being able to rely on CERB for calls - I have met many nice men on CL, just as I have been pm'd by jerks on CERB.

Not all men are jerks just because they go to CL...they have to be educated too and I have brought new members to CERB from CL. So I am one of those girls you can thank when those new CERB members who found me on CL call you (not you personally - I'm just making a point).

• Like 3

What I don't get are those guys who talk about finding a "diamond in the rough" there. I mean, they do realize that those women aren't virgins waiting for that first man to e-mail them? Women on that site see just as many people as the others, they're not waiting for discovery- they've been discovered! It's like Christopher Columbus pretending he was the first "person" in America or something.

I don't think that virginity is a measure of or criterion for a lady to be a diamond or not. Neither is where she advertises. It is the inner beauty for most part and likely also the outer beauty of the lady (for some guys) that determine whether she is a diamond. If I meet a lady (on cerb or the other evil site) and she is beautiful INSIDE and outside, then she is a treasure regardless of how many other people she may have seen before. And they are discovered because they are recommended on cerb and as a result many cerbites would know about their beauties (both inner and outer) that they didn't know before.

PS - Again the post reflects my personal views.

I do find that the folks who do not use it (or only rarely) have the most complaints about it, but the ones who use it consistently reap the benefits daily.

This I utterly and completely do not agree with.

I do not complain about it because I 'can't' understand the benefits, not all of us need it or lots of clients to keep our income up.

I don't like cl because ladies and clients constantly complain, yet go back to it..

I believe the definition of crazy is when you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.. Complaining about something horrible, and then continuing to use such thinking it will magically change, is crazy.

I really don't care if someone get 100 clients from CL.. (or finds the perfect girl) To me, wading through countless rude and stupid e-mails just burns me out. If you don't have a problem/have the time to do such.. Go for it, but please don't complain about how horrible it is just to use it over and over.. That's my only problem with that site.

I just get sick of people saying how they get all these dick e-mails, or they lost money on some scam girl, just to go back!

Complaining won't magically make it change any more than it will magically make facebook moderate groups before they are created..

This I utterly and completely do not agree with.

I do not complain about it because I 'can't' understand the benefits, not all of us need it or lots of clients to keep our income up.

I don't like cl because ladies and clients constantly complain, yet go back to it..

I believe the definition of crazy is when you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.. Complaining about something horrible, and then continuing to use such thinking it will magically change, is crazy.

I really don't care if someone get 100 clients from CL.. (or finds the perfect girl) To me, wading through countless rude and stupid e-mails just burns me out. If you don't have a problem/have the time to do such.. Go for it, but please don't complain about how horrible it is just to use it over and over.. That's my only problem with that site.

I just get sick of people saying how they get all these dick e-mails, or they lost money on some scam girl, just to go back!

Complaining won't magically make it change any more than it will magically make facebook moderate groups before they are created..

I think we are agreeing lol. I would not complain about CL because I think it is a great tool (which is why I only rant when someone is complaining about it without actually using it, and so how can they know?) I think that the numbers are so much higher, that it seems like there are so many more problems, when it seems to me that the problems exist in any advertising venue. There will always be good ones and bad ones, good clients and bad ones. They come from all venues. The trick is to not actually have to spend time in an appt with any of them (goes both for sps and clients)

Guest s******ecan****
Sorry, I disagree. Just because I post on CL, does not make me like those "other" girls. I believe CL is comprised of the people on it, and if we give in and stop advertising there because of the bad apples, then that's what it will be .... just bad apples. But we do have to accept that they are there and know we are swimming in shark infested water. I have complained about people posting fake ads, but is unfortunate, but I take that chance.

I think guys are pretty smart to know that if ladies consistently post, mention CERB in their ad, then it not always gives them familiarity but it also promotes them to go to CERB.

I also believe CERB clients know that if an SP is advertising in both places, she is probably legit, because the MOD, and Cowboy Kenny and other members are pretty on top of outing anyone posting fake pics or scamming.

I do not have the liberty of just being able to rely on CERB for calls - I have met many nice men on CL, just as I have been pm'd by jerks on CERB.

Not all men are jerks just because they go to CL...they have to be educated too and I have brought new members to CERB from CL. So I am one of those girls you can thank when those new CERB members who found me on CL call you (not you personally - I'm just making a point).

I have to agree with this. I have made the decision not to use CL, but I would not hold it against a Cerb Lady if she listed herself there. After all eliminating CL is not one of Cerbs goals. My personal comfort level limits me to searching Cerb only but I recognize others have different levels of comfort.

The real problem with CL is the complaints about it. It is what it is and you get what you pay for. It's not good or evil, it's simply a product of what's out there and the current economic climate.

So if you're an agency that spams there 30-40 times a day and then whines about people flagging posts or writing negative material, maybe you should consider changing it up somehow...

• Like 1

I think we are agreeing lol. I would not complain about CL because I think it is a great tool (which is why I only rant when someone is complaining about it without actually using it, and so how can they know?) I think that the numbers are so much higher, that it seems like there are so many more problems, when it seems to me that the problems exist in any advertising venue. There will always be good ones and bad ones, good clients and bad ones. They come from all venues. The trick is to not actually have to spend time in an appt with any of them (goes both for sps and clients)

Well.. damn.. lol

Yeah, you're right.. and jerks do come from everywhere.. you probably hear about it twice as much when it comes from cl as anywhere else as well..

I guess I just couldn't be bothered making myself upset over anything so I don't know why other people do. When I have complaints, that can't be resolved, about something.. I usually just move on... usually there's something else out there to move on to.

Shortly before this thread started I was discussing this with someone and she wondered if the guys who posted queries about ladies on CL thought about how the ladies on CERB felt about their posts. Especially given CL's rep as a haven for scams. She made a lot of sense and I hadn't thought about it like that. I can understand why the ladies would be frustrated and I do ask myself, while I would never wish it upon anyone, why people would use it knowing what we know about bait and switch and potential armed thievery? No one should ever get robbed, but sometimes you gotta ask yourself what the person was doing walking in a dark alley with a rep for crime. Totally agree with the ladies on this.

I work mostly days and find the clients who call from CL during the day are a different "Breed" than those who come out at night.

On the occasion I am available for in-calls in the evenings, I rarely accept calls from CL, because that's when I get the rude callers and bargain hunters.

To me, CL is like two sites - day and night.

Also, if you look at the ads, there seems to be more questionable ads on at night - so really they all deserve each other.

Yes, I advertise there.

Yes, I sometimes have problems with it.

Yes, I may complain about it.

Yes, I get business from it

As a friend of mine remarked, "what do you expect for a free unmoderated site"

Getting back to Meg's original comment - yes I very much appreciate what we have here on CERB!

The real problem with CL is the complaints about it. It is what it is and you get what you pay for. It's not good or evil, it's simply a product of what's out there and the current economic climate.

So if you're an agency that spams there 30-40 times a day and then whines about people flagging posts or writing negative material, maybe you should consider changing it up somehow...

I have to agree with Buggernot, he's so so right about this point.

I work mostly days and find the clients who call from CL during the day are a different "Breed" than those who come out at night.

On the occasion I am available for in-calls in the evenings, I rarely accept calls from CL, because that's when I get the rude callers and bargain hunters.

To me, CL is like two sites - day and night.

Also, if you look at the ads, there seems to be more questionable ads on at night - so really they all deserve each other.

Yes, I advertise there.

Yes, I sometimes have problems with it.

Yes, I may complain about it.

Yes, I get business from it

As a friend of mine remarked, "what do you expect for a free unmoderated site"

Getting back to Meg's original comment - yes I very much appreciate what we have here on CERB!

Totally agree. Same for what clients should be looking for are sps who post their ads between say 7AM and 5PM. Anyone posting at 3AM, well, figure it out. Anyone who cannot shift between upper and lower case, take the time to actually spell "you", take the time to tell you about herself in some way, give you good solid contact info with anything from a real #, real email, website, etc rather than just email to the posting address, all of these things add up to someone who wants to be found, is assured of their abilities and is looking for a professional encounter.

Any sps who use it can eliminate a lot of troubles by making their ads tasteful, include a minimum rate, indicate bbbjs are not available, or if non-fs make that very clear. I have found out here that the ones who advertise bbbjs are available have a higher rate of requests for discounts and requests for bbfs, odd as that may seem, they are just considered risk takers, desperate or something.

I mean this is a CL ad:

Need to get Pampered? Welcome to an Oasis in the Heart of the City. My luxurious, impeccable condo can be your hideaway, your get-away,

your sanctuary from the hectic outside world.

Hi, I'm Alex, and your pleasure and comfort are my business. I am attracted to the mature, classy, intelligent businessman. I understand business, and love to discuss

current affairs, although maybe from a different vantage point...my Kingsize bed!

Or maybe you?re tired of talking business, and you just need a place to relax and unwind...a safe, private, welcoming environment.

You deserve a charming, thoughtful hostess, who loves to entertain over breakfast, lunch, dinner, or evening cocktails. All wrapped up in lace and lingerie.

My sessions are, of course, not the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type of shorter service. They are a minimum of 2-hrs, and offer refreshments, a full-body massage,

and other pampering. I will always stock your favorite beverage and look forward to discovering what you like, both in and out of the bedroom!

Perhaps you'd like to read more about my Courtesan services at your leisure. Just send me an e-mail, requesting the link to my blog...

I look forward to learning more about you, and the experience that you're looking for...

Or feel free to call anytime (let?s exchange voices)...most days, I'm available from 10:00am.

She is very well reviewed, 40+, and very part-time. She does not, to my knowledge, advertise anywhere else except for one quieter review site. She uses a fairly tasteful pic. I have removed the contact info tho. It was posted around 8AM, one of 2 ads only.

This was posted at 2:30AM:

NO FUN PARTYING ALL BY YOUR LITTLE SELF!!! IT'S WAY MORE FUN TO HAVE WITH SOME HARDCORE PARTY GIRLS!!! Why not pick up your cell now and call us!! Let's SPICE UP your little party NOW!!! DO IT NOW!! CALL US NOW!! DO NOT PARTY ALL ALONE baby!!

The PARTY GIRLS HOTLINE!

So really, is it that hard to figure out which one of these is going to give you an honest, quality encounter? :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

I too find the site quite useful and like anything in life if you look at it as 1/2 empty it is.. if you look at it as 1/2 full it is as well.

An interesting book I'm reading basically says..there is no such thing as evil.. there is useful and useless :) discard the useless and focus your attention on the useful.

The book FYI is called the Law of Attraction (way before the movie the secret came out).

I have used the evil site 3 times exactly and I was not comfortable with doing it. I prefer the quilted comfort of CERB and now consider it part of my life as well. I may not perk up and talk a lot, but I read voraciously the posts I am interested in.

CL is just too much trouble to bother imo. There are enough wonderful gents here that I don't need to bother. Thankfully.

If one needs to be discreet, this is the place to be. I trust this site and like it.

I must be wearing my stupid hat today because I haven't the foggiest what site y'all are talking about. Could someone please send me a private message and put me out of my misery?

Thanks!

I must be wearing my stupid hat today because I haven't the foggiest what site y'all are talking about. Could someone please send me a private message and put me out of my misery?

Thanks!

Your better off not knowing!

Your better off not knowing!

Sorry Mod... I filled in the info gaps. Mea culpa.

Guest O***wa**W

I get a lot of my clients from there, because they are men who do not use this site or others like it. They are casual users, often brand new to it, and dont use escorts. They are intimdated by it maybe.

You certaintly have to be way more careful when meeting people from on there, but 90% of my regulars I met there.

Here is a quote from the Halifax site today:

"This is for anyone who is thinking about meeting through this site. It is with regret to say that I was mugged as a result of arranging to meet someone from this section. My goal is not to single any individuals out and hurt a safe and respectful business. However, I urge users of this site to be wise about who they meet from here and what time.

Also, I do not respond to emails and respect the anonymity of service users and providers.

Thanks "

I know that there are many respectable sp’s who use the site, but there are clearly a lot who aren’t. Caveat emptor my friends. Thank God for CERB!