What's one food you can't get yourself to eat?

Cabbage and potatoes??? Throw in some whiskey and you have an Irish buffet!!!!

My dad does, I don't think there is a single meal he doesn't have whiskey at! haha

My mom's side is scottish! They used to eat all kinds of grose stuff!

But I always got away with eating just dessert!

Lemon pie!

My dad does, I don't think there is a single meal he doesn't have whiskey at! haha

My mom's side is scottish! They used to eat all kinds of grose stuff!

But I always got away with eating just dessert!

Lemon pie!

See... that's what the Scots are all about, eating gross stuff and getting rich selling the good stuff at ridiculously high prices. Oatmeal??? The English give it to horses but the Scots love it!!!

See... that's what the Scots are all about, eating gross stuff and getting rich selling the good stuff at ridiculously high prices. Oatmeal??? The English give it to horses but the Scots love it!!!

A friend of mine's mother was Scottish and started her own little company called Mary MacLeod's Shortbread in Toronto years ago and supported her family from the income of selling sweet treats to local customers.

Shortbread...yum...

back to the thread....

I can't stand tunafish!

I can't stand tunafish!

Ohhhh... I was with ya there back in the day when Tuna was the other other other white meat. Remember Hamburger Helper's ghetto cousin Tuna Helper???? Yikes!!!!!!

Tuna and I have made up since then, but Tuna and any pasta makes me want to hurl!

Ohhhh... I was with ya there back in the day when Tuna was the other other other white meat. Remember Hamburger Helper's ghetto cousin Tuna Helper???? Yikes!!!!!!

Tuna and I have made up since then, but Tuna and any pasta makes me want to hurl!

I love tuna in my macaroni salad! MMMMMMMM

Add dill pickles and I am in heaven!

Guest Ou**or**n
pork bacon

pork sausages

Sin, should just call you Lisa Simpson...

Homer: Wait wait wait a minute Lisa, honey, are you saying that you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?

Lisa: No!

Homer: Ham?

Homer: Pork chops?

Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal!

Homer: Yeah right Lisa, a wonderful, "magical" animal.

Personally I'm a Homer type of guy when it comes to food.

I hate organ foods, head cheese, brussel sprouts, cooked carrots (I aways told my mom they took on a 'mean' taste when cooked, however I too love them raw), urchin, eel. I used to be married to a newfie so don't get me started on Jig's dinner...

Sin, should just call you Lisa Simpson...

Homer: Wait wait wait a minute Lisa, honey, are you saying that you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?

Homer: Ham?

Homer: Pork chops?

Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal!

Homer: Yeah right Lisa, a wonderful, "magical" animal.

Personally I'm a Homer type of guy when it comes to food.

I hate organ foods, head cheese, brussel sprouts, cooked carrots (I aways told my mom they took on a 'mean' taste when cooked, however I too love them raw), urchin, eel. I used to be married to a newfie so don't get me started on Jig's dinner...

Eel is discusting and weird.

Octopus is weird too. Like eating a rubber band.. no thanks..

Both never again.

I don't know how someone can eat this stuff. This is a must watch video you will not believe your eyes.

Your right could not believe my eyes,those burg's were disgusting,but those ladies were simply outstanding!;)

Try as i might, I could not eat this. Altitude sickness in Cuzco had shut down my digestive system.

Before:

cuy-756463.JPG

After

cuy_as_dinner.jpg

Guest G***f******

I used to think this was an easy question to answer. Always said I'd never eat sushi, but now I love it. Always said I'd never eat tongue, but then I got it on a sampler plate I had at Au pied du Cochon, and it was fantastic.

Bottom line is, I'll try anything once, provided it's actual food, and not something made up for a dare. You never know when you might be missing out on something great, just because your brain got in the way.

My brain always gets in the way if I am served frog legs......ay, ay, ay.......

Once at a dinner party I tried something looking like chicken and when I learned it was "pigeon" I had to run to the ladies room and vomit......

Brain .....or ....stomach......?

Brain first, no doubt.....

LoraLee

I will try anything once and approach it with an open mind. The only thing that I cannot stomach are those icky canned green peas. My brother hated carrots and I hated peas...my mom forced us to eat our veggies while she watched so that we couldn't help each other out. It got to the point where I would swallow one at a time whole with a mouthful of milk! Just recently, I have been able to eat fresh snow peas and actually love them but will always refuse the canned or frozen varieties!

I don't know how someone can eat this stuff. This is a must watch video you will not believe your eyes.

That is the most repulsive thing I have ever seen.

I can't believe people can sit there eating that with a straight face!!!

French fries & burgers in lard ?

i love all fruits and vegetables , but i wont go near them when they are cooked in any fashion . probably comes from when we were kids and out playing various sports all day , instead of going home for lunch we would just raid nieghbourhood gardens .

in grade 3 , we had an olympic meat plant in saskatoon , we were taken on a school field trip , at the end of the day i came home told my folks i would NEVER eat a hot dog again , and here i sit hot dog free for the last 30 years .

i also have no taste for spam , i had an ex-roommate had it every morning for breakfast .

but what i love is chocolate peanut butter banana milkshakes , but only allow myself 1 every 1 - 2 months .

Tuna Casserole ,actually most casseroles as a kid I hated them but because of budgetary considerations feeding a family of 7 they were on the menu at least once a week! Yuck! . . . And Double Yuck! Needless to say that was the night I sat at the table the longest till finished! Fuck I hate casserole!

Guest **cely***r***ne

yea this is a hard one! I love food, cant really think of a food thats not good.... i really dont like mashed potatoes...now chips on the other hand...how i miss them mmmmm.....and just a question...someone mentioned cheescake...is it really cheese?

....and just a question...someone mentioned cheescake...is it really cheese?

Angel, I believe the "cheese" in cheesecake is actually cream cheese but don't quote me as I am far from a master chef...err baker.

• Like 1