Cautions, Warnings and Nags in Ads

:boobeyes:Bolding or adding a red color.. is much like making a stop sign red. How many people would drive right through it if it weren't red?

I'm not so worried that you will 'drive right by' my ad because you are offended by the red. If such a little thing bothers you you won't like my red lingerie either.:cooter:

hehehe...I definitely feel sorry for anyone missing out on Carrie's red lingerie ;-)

hehehe...I definitely feel sorry for anyone missing out on Carrie's red lingerie ;-)

Yeah, but with :boobeyes:Carrie, no amount of clothing stays on very long.

Sorry, what was that, Clint?

clint-eastwood.jpg

Guest f***2f***

I just don't read them!:sm185: OK I'm running for shelter!!

Actually as a hobbiest I figured out the rules and etiquette before I starting firing off emails, texts or phone calls. It's not rocket science but there are those out there who just don't get it.

Ladies you are describing what a lot of small business owners and service industry folks encounter all the time. Thick people or people who think they are so special that normal etiquette and rules don't apply to them. I watched a woman at the airport the other day breeze right to the head of the line at security (we were all waiting about 20-30 mins) and nobody said squat to her including the Security Guard. On the other hand I did watch a check out clerk in the express check at the supermarket yesterday refuse to check out a lady with 20 items instead of the standard 8. She was not happy but it made the rest of us in the line happy!!:grin:

Guest s******ecan****

They don't bother me, and while I'm sure as has been mentioned many guys either don't read them or are just too thick to understand the ladies would have to deal with many many more idiots, or questions if they didn't have the warnings.

I remember not too long ago when the only info you had was a newspaper ad with a phone number. Sites like this plus the sp's website is a godsend and should be read thoroughly. The more research you do will benefit both you and the sp and should result in a great time.

• Like 3

Recently, I have highlighted a couple of specific words in my ads. My intent is not to nag. I simply want the viewer to know what I expect and what I offer so that our encounter will be enjoyable for the both of us. The frustration that ignorance can cause will greatly decrease my desire to see that person. Just a wee bit of effort on your part (reading and abiding by my requests) shows that you are respectful and truly desire a memorable experience!

Not to throw our friend Mr. Shadows a brick while he's treadding furiously somewhere above the Mariana's Trench in high seas, but I personally appreciate any posting info/website an SP can offer. All jokes aside, Rick's very much entitled to his opinion - a feeling or perception brought on perhaps by a certain posting or personal incident, etc...but if SPs must endure even a fraction of the jerk-off callers they obviously receive, then asking, or emphasizing that you unblock your # is by far one of the very minor requirements they should demand. I love a detailed posting or independent's website. Any information provided by the ladies will likely ensure a better or much greater experience for both. Love the creative site designs, bios and sexy pics. I've gotta say it's a personal peeve of mine when most people can't absorb as little as two short sentences in an email.....nevermind ladies, includingsuch a request to unblock a # amidst saucy photos and suggestive abbbreviations. Sorry ladies, in some fellow men's defense(the non-creepy type), our tunnel-vision tends to narrow to straw-vision when the mood strikes, and the blood flows southerly. Unfortunately, there will always be a constant supply of immature, idiot prank callers that SPs will have to endure. A little phone etiquette, fellas !

jh_pic_081220_FisherPrice_Phone.jpg

I don't see why this would bother you. In fact, your posts in this thread read like thinly veiled criticisms of assertive women.

We put those warnings and reminders in our ads and on our websites for good reason: because we deal with such boneheadedness multiple times a day.

Frankly, if you're that bothered by text, who knows what else you'd nitpick.

I have to admit the "No Blocked Numbers" does throw me a bit, but maybe for other reasons. I understand a blocked number is one the receiver can’t see on caller, display, correct? I guess the idea is to fend off guys who want anonymity or to try and weed out those who are not serious.

To be honest I have no idea if my phone has a blocked number or not. How can I tell?

When I first started to hobby I used a pay phone or hotel lobby house phone through the operator in an attempt to remain anonymous, especially with a first time SP. Yes I know I gave my real name and hotel room number out,...ultimately hotel records could be consulted, one way or another. I didn’t want my phone number given out because I saw this as some undefined threat to my confidentiality. In addition, I only have a business phone and all the numbers called are on a central record open to my employer, yikes.

So for me booking throgh a pm on cerb works best. If confirmation is required by the SP I can reply to an email on hotmail. Does this work?

So for me booking throgh a pm on cerb works best. If confirmation is required by the SP I can reply to an email on hotmail. Does this work?

Get a pay-as-you-go phone. PetroCanada, 7-11 (or whoever bought them) have these. You do not need to provide any ID, unlike the same offerings from Bell/Rogers.

I have to admit the "No Blocked Numbers" does throw me a bit, but maybe for other reasons. I understand a blocked number is one the receiver can?t see on caller, display, correct? I guess the idea is to fend off guys who want anonymity or to try and weed out those who are not serious.

To be honest I have no idea if my phone has a blocked number or not. How can I tell?

When I first started to hobby I used a pay phone or hotel lobby house phone through the operator in an attempt to remain anonymous, especially with a first time SP. Yes I know I gave my real name and hotel room number out,...ultimately hotel records could be consulted, one way or another. I didn?t want my phone number given out because I saw this as some undefined threat to my confidentiality. In addition, I only have a business phone and all the numbers called are on a central record open to my employer, yikes.

You do have a couple of options. ONe is to set up and confirm with pm and email, and if she is looking for a phone call let her know your limitations, suggest an alternative like you will call her from a specific payphone. Or, provide your cel # and have her call you, unless you know that incoming callers are also recorded? If she blocks her #, there is not the same kind of tracing tho, and your employer need not know this is not a legit biz caller.

To find out if your # is blocked, simply as someone you know to let you know when you call them. To block your #, press *67. To unblock, press *82. Reputable sps never ever call you back, without you leaving a message for them to do so. If you are initially contacting sps via pms, you should explain this and in the unlikely event someone sometime calls you, simply say wrong #, hang up, then press *60 to block them from ever calling your # again (actually, you would check with your phone service to see what options they have for blocking single #s.)

To block your #, press *67. To unblock, press *82. Reputable sps never ever call you back, without you leaving a message for them to do so. If you are initially contacting sps via pms, you should explain this and in the unlikely event someone sometime calls you, simply say wrong #, hang up, then press *60 to block them from ever calling your # again (actually, you would check with your phone service to see what options they have for blocking single #s.)

*82 does not work with every provider to unblock your number.

For example, a friend of mine who has a blocked Fido Phone (which is Rogers) tried using *82 sitting right beside me and it didn't work.

Get a pay-as-you-go phone. PetroCanada, 7-11 (or whoever bought them) have these. You do not need to provide any ID, unlike the same offerings from Bell/Rogers.

etasman is bang on here. Having a phone will allow your date to contact you if a last minute emergency comes up and she needs to cancel the date and thus not have you think she pulled a no show. Similarly, it works the other way too if you get stuck in traffic (say due to a collision) and you're running late - or worse, you're the one in the collision.

I accept bookings by e-mail or pm, but the client HAS to call me from an unblocked number at least an hour before the appointment to confirm he is coming so I can direct him to the spot where he is to park. Then and only then do I reveal my street address.

If he doesn't have a cell phone, I may make the exception of directing him to the nearest payphone, but he still has to call me from a number - any number so I can hear his voice before he sets out to let me know he's on his way.

I would NEVER call a client's phone just for the hell of it or to solicit business like has been talked about in other threads on here.

I never book or confirm appointments by email or pm without talking to the person first, unless I have already seen them.

I also DO NOT ACCEPT BLOCKED NUMBERS

• Like 1

My new favorite word is still WOW;-)

GASP! I dunno man...that looks like an angry WOW in your signature...did you have to put it in red? hmm...maybe I shouldnt see this client because his WOW is nagging me...

....and yes I'm joking ;-) hehe

Thanks for the advice eeryone. The simplest option is to by a "disposable" phone and pay as you go. I just hope I don't leave it laying around somewhere I shouldn't. Ahh, another risk assesment.

I accept bookings by e-mail or pm, but the client HAS to call me from an unblocked number at least an hour before the appointment to confirm he is coming so I can direct him to the spot where he is to park. Then and only then do I reveal my street address.

If he doesn't have a cell phone, I may make the exception of directing him to the nearest payphone, but he still has to call me from a number - any number so I can hear his voice before he sets out to let me know he's on his way.

I would NEVER call a client's phone just for the hell of it or to solicit business like has been talked about in other threads on here.

I never book or confirm appointments by email or pm without talking to the person first, unless I have already seen them.

I also DO NOT ACCEPT BLOCKED NUMBERS

Ditto here as well. I was taught well :-)

Well I wish I had known about the pay as you go phone that requires no ID. Thanks for the tip :smile:.

I have been using my own phone to arrange meetings, unfortunately one SP on CL continued to send me text messages trying to solicit business for about a month after my original call. It will give me great peace of mind to not have to worry about my wife finding an unsollicited and therefore unanticipated text on my phone. There is something just wrong about an SP doing this sort of thing, especially as I always wear my wedding band and make no secret of the fact I am married. Like Reddog01 said, time for a new risk assessment. I think that hiding a second phone will be easier than tring to intercept unexpected texts.

unfortunately one SP on CL continued to send me text messages trying to solicit business for about a month after my original call. There is something just wrong about an SP doing this sort of thing, especially as I always wear my wedding band and make no secret of the fact I am married.

I'm not normally a violent person but girls like this make want to slap them upside the head... even good regulars who text me just to say hi.. I never ever initiate in case I might catch them in a bad spot where an SO is watching. Totally classless.

I'm not normally a violent person but girls like this make want to slap them upside the head... even good regulars who text me just to say hi.. I never ever initiate in case I might catch them in a bad spot where an SO is watching. Totally classless.

I too would say that this is definitely the exception and not the rule when it comes to gals on this board. CL may be a different story but this should not be *expected* of any gal in this business.

and if a girl is texting you, you should put a stop to it right away if you can and say "please respect my private life and dont text me unless its initiated!" before it turns to a bunch of unwanted texts.....i still think that thats terrible of her however...dont get me wrong! I dont think an SP should be texting you unless you've said it's ok......still...even if you say its ok and you have nothing to worry about, whos to say that you might meet someone and be dating when she decides to text you outta the blue?

Well I wish I had known about the pay as you go phone that requires no ID. Thanks for the tip :smile:.

I have been using my own phone to arrange meetings, unfortunately one SP on CL continued to send me text messages trying to solicit business for about a month after my original call. It will give me great peace of mind to not have to worry about my wife finding an unsollicited and therefore unanticipated text on my phone. There is something just wrong about an SP doing this sort of thing, especially as I always wear my wedding band and make no secret of the fact I am married. Like Reddog01 said, time for a new risk assessment. I think that hiding a second phone will be easier than tring to intercept unexpected texts.

When I got my Telus pay-as-you go phone here in Ottawa, I went into the Telus store and the sales rep asked me what name I wanted associated with my number and I set it up as "Private Name" because I know on Rogers phones, names get displayed. In order to be able to access my account online, I had to provide an e-mail address, but you always create a play account as well. But, no ID was required.

When I got my Telus pay-as-you go phone here in Ottawa, I went into the Telus store and the sales rep asked me what name I wanted associated with my number and I set it up as "Private Name" because I know on Rogers phones, names get displayed. In order to be able to access my account online, I had to provide an e-mail address, but you always create a play account as well. But, no ID was required.

I always use a pay-as-you -go phone in this business. Yes, it's a big hassle but I have had several clients who worked for the top cell phone companies. Who's to say they couldn't just type in the number and find out all your info when you're on a regular cell plan? Lesson learned. Privacy and security are paramount for SPs and clients.

If you're worried about privacy and discretion, my advice is to get a hobbying phone. This way you don't have to worry about SPs calling you when your wife or gf is around. Just shut it off and hide it somewhere after deleting the call history. It is also a benefit for SPs because as you all know, many of us don't answer restricted/blocked calls and sometimes even payphones.

I understand the need for the sp to have a number to call back and to be displayed. As was stated if i have an accident and cannot make the appointment then with out a cell phone it's my name that is mud.

For years i have used pay as you phones I use only rogers, fido, vigin mibility. The reason behind this is this you can activate them over the internet or phone and never give them any personal details. I can tell them i live in Toronto my name is Donald Duck my email address is dd at duckmail dot com........... which i can create with the same info in a few minutes, disposible cell phone.

One person once said either on this site or another one, said if you buy a cell phone with a sim card buy a second card and number for hobbing it can be storted in your wallet or some where where the wife will easily see it. If they do just lie to them, worse case deestroy it. Smaller to hide that a phone, and less chance that you will forget to turn it off. You just have to remember to take it out of the phone.

For me if an sp does not accept calls from a pay phone that's fine i will use a disposible cell phone same deal.

It all about privacy, the sp's want their's we hobiest want ours.